What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 3 - Vs Roosters

Steenson123

Juniors
Demetriou is 4-12 in his past 16 starts with the side now in a state of collapse.
Regularly conceeding over 30 ppg. no defense and repeated pathetic errors.
No effort and no trust in Demetriou.
Management needs to be brave and do what is essential.
This reminds me eerily of the G. Piggins 1990 side. They ran last I believe and this squad is headed there too unless change is made immediately.
The Coach is a cancer and the metastasis are rapidly spreading.

Steenson123

Juniors
It will matter
Not surprised with the result, expected Easts to win… but not a humiliating loss.

We looked atrocious compared to the Manly & Donks games.

Totally out paced by Easts both in the pigs and out wide. Fitness looks dead set appalling.

Walker, do you care anymore?

The much vaunted kicking game of Hawkins left a lot to be desired, ditto his leading the team around the park. He’s reggies standard. Gray next week please, but you won’t, so Lachy for sure.

Jack Wighton was a big deflator, looked under done and played that way. He will get much better.

Skipper, you busted your arse again.

D-Day for JD on Good Friday.

We’ve played three top sides and lost, fair enough. Now we get a big drop down in class against the Dogs at home – can’t find an excuse for a loss.
It will matter not who plays.
The Coach is a cancer and nothing changes until he is demissione.

Steenson123

Juniors
I don’t think it will make a difference. They don’t listen to him that’s the problem.
They might put 40 on us tonight.
If they do I wouldn’t be surprised if they make the coaching change immediately and try and salvage the season. After the bye round is too late.
Yes its up to MANAGEMENT to immediately take control and get rid of dopey Demetriou.
4-12 in his past 16 starts. This collapse has been brewing since last May- June!!

Wrong side, wrong game plan, roosters strangely white-hot.

I looked at the stats, I was surprised to see you so competitive on so many fronts, just not operational.

Very disappointing against the sworn enemy, but they are a class side who peaked.

Even Tedesco was looking good.

I don’t think any side would have taken them down tonight, but the scoreline was laughable given the power of your squad.

Dark days, you’ve had them before.

And then shit the bed. 2022 we caught a bit of form at the right time of year. Halfway through then we were questioning if we'd even make finals. The cracks have been there for years and now the whole thing is starting to crumble with a squad that is only aging. That's on recruitment and development.

Correct

Pauly1

Juniors
Just got back from the game.
Mitchell was standing 50m behind his defensive line just not wanting to get involved with any defensive issues, not going up to defuse bombs.
I think its time to get rid of him so that $1m salary cap can be freed up.
Cody Walker , Cook and Talamatongi can follow him out.
Truth is Souths need a new spine, time to suck eggs for the next couple of seasons till the squad is rebuilt.
Keppie repeated the same errors as last week.
JD please resign, you have failed as a coach.

Just got back from the game.
Mitchell was standing 50m behind his defensive line just not wanting to get involved with any defensive issues, not going up to defuse bombs.
I think its time to get rid of him so that $1m salary cap can be freed up.
Cody Walker , Cook and Talamatongi can follow him out.
Truth is Souths need a new spine, time to suck eggs for the next couple of seasons till the squad is rebuilt.
Keppie repeated the same errors as last week.
JD please resign, you have failed as a coach.

He's lost the dressing room...whatever that means really. Even in Souths darkest days, they've always gotten up for this game. Hard days ahead and a lot of soul searching for Souths. For my Dads sake, I hope you can claw your way back...but I also hope you don't, so the bandaid can be ripped off so you can move forward. For myself...I'll continue to enjoy having Adam at my club (whether he's on the field or not, he's a positive influence) and bumping in to him regularly at my local supermarket. We were at rock bottom when he arrived and he, along with Capewell were a big part of bringing us back.

So the bottom line is we have 2 Reggie's because I definitely rate ilias a reggie.The right thing to do is put wighton at #6 well I reckon dudmetriou is a reggies coach by not putting wighton @#6 for Friday nights game.

I dont wear those bs have faith/rose coloured glasses we need changes and we need changes fast.even though the rorters had no keary and lost sam walker and had no Spencer leniu can anyone tell me if they don't think that the rorters this year are not cheating the cap? They always cheat the cap but this year is way over the top as I stated before its a gimme in 2024 to win or at least make the grand final.Russel crowe should be on his own jet right now to pick up sam burgess if not we are gonski for 2024.Sack demetriou now!!!!! like pauly1 said put jye gray at full back put latrell in the centres with tass and put wighton at five eight and cody at half back and bring back shaq Mitchell and chee kam and I would go as far as to put dion teapo on the bench we need some young players like jye gray and dion teapo to inject some youth and life into our dead team but at least elevate jye gray im absolutely certain jye gray will be in next week even off the bench will suffice!!!

Nafedogg

Juniors
That was probably one of the worst games I’ve watched in a while, ended up turning it off after the Mitchell sin bin. Apart from Cam, the rest of the team should be absolutely disgusted in themselves. 52 tackles he had to make, loses all attack power as he is cooking himself defending.

I’ve been a defender of Latrell, but he can get stuffed. All the talk of coming back bigger and better this season was just all talk.

Bulldogs on Friday, no excuses, we lose that and we are done in my opinion. JD will have no choice but to go.

That was probably one of the worst games I’ve watched in a while, ended up turning it off after the Mitchell sin bin. Apart from Cam, the rest of the team should be absolutely disgusted in themselves. 52 tackles he had to make, loses all attack power as he is cooking himself defending.

I’ve been a defender of Latrell, but he can get stuffed. All the talk of coming back bigger and better this season was just all talk.

Bulldogs on Friday, no excuses, we lose that and we are done in my opinion. JD will have no choice but to go.
Yeah it was a proper South Sydney effort from Murray. Superb footballer.

Hes so tough mentally. He is one of my general role models for all players.

In the day, the roosters used Latrell to great effect in the backs, he’d soak up opposing backlines, be a constant barrage that would eventually create gaps and space.

He is a good footballer when he wants to be, but it hasn’t dawned on him that he is not bigger than the side. He should be playing hard and fair every game.

We looked at him earlier this week, averaging 10.8 games a season, his real cost to Souths given his contract and games he plays is about $2.5m a season compared to if he played the whole season ( as he used to do at the roosters).

JD has bet his career on Lats coming to his senses against all the evidence that sadly, Lats is incapable of internalising the Cameron Murray attitude.

I think he will never come good. He’s not cut out for it and will end up on the boxing scrapheap.

He’s not the only player struggling but it’s wasted talent. It’s preventable. Other players would kill for his unique combination of size, power and speed.

The Latrell era is a tough one.

Im a Souths hater.....but I have to be honest here. Even I was thinking about and feeling for Callmack last night and his first time watching your blokes play in Australia. He absolutely deserved better than that trash last night.
Wiz bro, you can’t hate South’s. It would be like hating a relative.

They are passionate, but they entitled to be, it has solid foundations. No pretend fans, especially the faithful who saved their club.

@callmack1 is the ultimate moderator.

And so far as I am aware, someone you’d invite home to meet the family as an honoured guest. He’d probably drain our combined liquor cabinet at the moment!

After a bad game, his reviews take longer to compose and publish as he wrestles with his thoughts.

But they are mandatory to read.

Hellray

Juniors
Molae got the same treatment as Shaq Mitchell the week before. Solid first stint, then got made to ride the pine until like the last 9min. Pointless rotation.

Hellray

Juniors
The Jye Gray highlights from Reggie’s last night is pretty impressive. If anyone has Instagram go look at the page “the short ball” they just posted them, the kid cut holes through the defenders

Thumper

Juniors
Jd needs to take responsibility for this.
keaon on the left was the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. He moved him to the right in the second half and the dude made 12 tackle breaks.
moale is rubbish. Tom is rubbish. Tatola is a shadow of his former self.
we are getting bashed through the middle.
embarrassing when host was in our top 3 players.
1. Gray
2. Johnston
3. Trell
4. Tass
5. Thompson/ Munro
6. Jack
7. Cody
8. Shaq. At least he has a go.
9. Cookie
10. Tatola. He doesn’t look fit.
11. Tallis
12. Keaon. On the right.
13. Murray. He’s going to be f**ked if he keeps having to tackle like that.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Jd needs to take responsibility for this.
keaon on the left was the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. He moved him to the right in the second half and the dude made 12 tackle breaks.
moale is rubbish. Tom is rubbish. Tatola is a shadow of his former self.
we are getting bashed through the middle.
embarrassing when host was in our top 3 players.
1. Gray
2. Johnston
3. Trell
4. Tass
5. Thompson/ Munro
6. Jack
7. Cody
8. Shaq. At least he has a go.
9. Cookie
10. Tatola. He doesn’t look fit.
11. Tallis
12. Keaon. On the right.
13. Murray. He’s going to be f**ked if he keeps having to tackle like that.
I agree with most of your assessment, but Moale, and Havili they get taken off after 15mins, and then don't return to the game until scrub mins. What kind of rotation is that?
And yeah, Keon was effective when moved to the right (I agree it was ludicrous to start him on left) but that effectiveness was for a 10-15min spell. He should be Souths best toward, after Murray, but overall, after 3 games, he has been one of the worst, IMO
While I am now ready to accept it, I don't see any coach move Trell out to center, maybe maybe Bennett, or Sam.
Cook is pretty much finished. If Ilias had more of a running game, I'd put him there, because Mamazouelos ain't it.
But as Travitoh said, this is all the end result of poor recruiting, poor management. The team lineup is really unbalanced, and the newer recruits don't really solve the problems that were originally there. Namely a poor, non-dominant foward pack. The decent ones in the past, (Tatola, Burgess, Cook) are all old, and pretty much done.