What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 5 - Vs Warriors

Travitoh

First Grade
Moale 23 runs for 231 metres took his demotion on the chin and killed it.

and now meant to be 18th man for the next game.
Yeah boy!
That's what he needs. A few weeks of dominating men in reserve grade will do him a world of good before giving him more responsibility in first grade.

Travitoh

First Grade
That’s it as much as the coaching change needs to probs happen sooner than later. The playing squad still needs to lift and perform better also.
The lack of effort and dumb decisions from some of our squad would get the best coach sacked at this stage
Agree. Sacking JD isn't going to be a magical fix. It isn't going to make our squad any quicker. Recruitment has failed to recognise changes in the game and our aging squad has been found out. Instead of finding youth and speed, they added a 31 year old Jack Wighton on a 4 year deal. Then there's the pathways that have produced little to f**k all.

Not to say that JD isn't blameless, but there are a lot more issues at the moment than just the head coach.

Hellray

Juniors
Agree. Sacking JD isn't going to be a magical fix. It isn't going to make our squad any quicker. Recruitment has failed to recognise changes in the game and our aging squad has been found out. Instead of finding youth and speed, they added a 31 year old Jack Wighton on a 4 year deal. Then there's the pathways that have produced little to f**k all.

Not to say that JD isn't blameless, but there are a lot more issues at the moment than just the head coach.
Exactly, wighton is playing good for us but his age is against him.
Cook is highly paid for his running game which is apparently lethal I haven’t seen that in 18 months. Wade Egan is showing him up.
Walker was kept over Reynolds all he does is sulk and try and milk penalties, has no kicking game.
latrell just chooses when he feels like showing up. Which isn’t often.
Our prop rotation are almost making Dave tyrrell look like a more formidable force. All paid overs.
Our captain keeps trying and trying but for no support from his pack, he will quit on us soon and leave us for the roosters like the old days

speedster

Juniors
Easily accounted for. Comfortably outclassed.

After the Roosters debacle, they reportedly said JD had the next 3 games to keep his job. Got away with last week, just, but another heavy loss and the Sharks next week on the back of this dishevelled performance.

He's surely gone.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Well.... we may as well rename our team to the South Sydney Murrays because we're a one man team.

Its actually astonishing how bad we are considering our so called 'talent'. Im sick of hearing that word from commentators. I dont want talent anymore i just want players who are going to give 100% each week and not drop their heads when things get tough. I just want work ethic and grit but theres only a few players left in our team who have that.

We dont want to grind out games and it shows a real lack of character in these players.

Onto Sharks next week.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

I agree with all this but the thing is Wighton has probably been our best player for the games he's played. So that's a worrying indictment on the rest of the squad.

Hellray

Juniors
Wighton to FB and Gagai or Kenner back into the centres next week.

I don’t think the coach will debut Gray yet

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The backline doesn't mean shit when the opposition can just run at will straight through our middle.

When the backline cant complete a set without knocking the ball on or throwing a forward pass or giving away a stupid penalty of course the middle forwards are going to be tired.

Latest posts