What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

speedster

Juniors
We need to shop a few more players around to create cap space for some new recruits. For mine, Host can go a year early who tries his best but just isn't very effective, maybe Cook too who is becoming more ordinary each season which would save us a fair slice of cap, Keppie who still has 2 more years after this one and I would not be re-signing any of Chee Kam, Milne, Kennar. Tom is already going so we must create more cap space to get new blood into the place, especially raw, hungry power forwards looking to make a name and the odd experienced gun at a reasonable price like Crichton (I'll probably get shot down for suggesting him but I think he still has plenty to offer and we need a genuine edge).

speedster

Juniors
Why would Wayne come to a club that pretty much needs a complete rebuild?
he could go to Parra, where they have a vgood half, a decent FB, reasonable centres and a better forward pack than ours, that just needs tweaking, not wholesale dumping.
My call is Wayne passes on us.
We don't need to sack everybody. We still have a reasonable squad that needs fixing up, he knows our guys and our club and he has unfinished business at Souths. As long as he calls the shots and gets the full backing of the admin, Russell could sweet talk him back hopefully.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
We need to shop a few more players around to create cap space for some new recruits. For mine, Host can go a year early who tries his best but just isn't very effective, maybe Cook too who is becoming more ordinary each season which would save us a fair slice of cap, Keppie who still has 2 more years after this one and I would not be re-signing any of Chee Kam, Milne, Kennar. Tom is already going so we must create more cap space to get new blood into the place, especially raw, hungry power forwards looking to make a name and the odd experienced gun at a reasonable price like Crichton (I'll probably get shot down for suggesting him but I think he still has plenty to offer and we need a genuine edge).
Yep, and Tatola can go, Koloamatangi is not far off either, and what's up with Shaq? Does he want to play or not? Seriously asking, because I have my doubts about his headspace.

speedster

Juniors
Yep, and Tatola can go, Koloamatangi is not far off either, and what's up with Shaq? Does he want to play or not? Seriously asking, because I have my doubts about his headspace.
Guys like that don't forget how to play. The whole team is out of form but with the right coach and right prep, they can find form again as can most of these boys.

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Guys like that don't forget how to play. The whole team is out of form but with the right coach and right prep, they can find form again as can most of these boys.
I'm asking about Shaq because he's missed games where he doesn't actually seem to be injured, true or not?

Hellray

Juniors
I'm asking about Shaq because he's missed games where he doesn't actually seem to be injured, true or not?
It does seem like he can only play every second week. Surely his conditioning isn’t that bad.

agree with all when he plays he actually is very solid and a huge contributor to our momentum. But we need him to play weekly

themacemaceman

Juniors
You still need a decent back up half. Panthers are proof of that.
yes Dodd is a good signing but if he or Walker goes down I still would have been confident bringing in Ilias over a Subloo or another hack from Reggie’s.

watch him go to roosters to replace Keary and they’ll develop him like we envisioned and south’s will look even more stupid
My thoughts exactly. Lachy Will prob end up at the roosters and win 2 premierships.

Xzei

Juniors

LOVE THIS!!!! Absolutely love it! Finally the club has acknowledged that they made a mistake letting Reynolds go and backing Lachy, and finally the club is doing something about it and making a big change. This is massive for us, absolutely massive. He's been a part of the St Helens dynasty so clearly he's one of the best halves in that competition and a very good player. From his highlights, he looks to have it all.

Could he be our savior? Who knows. I'm not going to call that this early, but you just never know. This could be the move that finally fixes the halfback issue for us and fixes it long term. That's awfully exciting!! Extremely exciting. Hallelujah!!!
Personally I think souths biggest mistake was backing walker, ilias should have been partnering arey at 6 and let develope next to a quality 7 not a erratic 6.

Live and learn though

Rabbits20

Immortal
You still need a decent back up half. Panthers are proof of that.
yes Dodd is a good signing but if he or Walker goes down I still would have been confident bringing in Ilias over a Subloo or another hack from Reggie’s.

watch him go to roosters to replace Keary and they’ll develop him like we envisioned and south’s will look even more stupid
Jye Gray can play 6 or 7 if Cody or Dodd get injured.
Ilias won’t want to hang around as a back up

doyen

Bench
Ellison is in England to finalise the DODD signing & to speak to other possible signings from the Super League---Dodd has agreed verbally to join Sths !!

Nothing wrong with crichton

Latest posts