What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Hellray

Juniors
Yeah, the feeling that you can't have 2 left foot or left side players pairing in the halves. Or that you need one of each. Good players can play either side although some struggle with it for some reason when they get shifted over and others don't. Cody is a left side player but has had loads of great involvements on the right side over his career. Hopefully Dodd is equally adaptable to either side also.

Tigers currently have 2 left foot kickers in their side, Roosters have 2 right footers doing their kicking.

Cody is an average long kicker in general play and I would love to see his kicking game reduce back to what it was when Reynolds was in the side which was maybe 10% or so of the kicking? Even now, I want to see Wighton become our dominant kicker for the rest of this year because he's our best option being wasted out wide currently. Stick Trell at left centre when he comes back.

Wighton and Walker could play both sides of the field back and forth as well as together. They're experienced rep stars who you would expect to be able to get it together and it would be good for Cody to prep that for next season if he is to combine with another left side, left footer in Dodd if that gets finalised.
Look I definitely agree we need a spark in the kicking game so if we can make it work I’m all for it.

and yes we need to limit walkers kicking involvements back to close to the line attempts. His long game is non existent

doyen

Bench
Sths are close to signing Lewis DODD---an English half- back from the Super League !!! The St. Helens half that kicked the field goal to beat the Panthers !!
Sths need to punt Walker & put Jye GRAY into his favoured 5/8 spot to partner Dodd.

Last edited:

Hellray

Juniors
At this stage Ilias is still under contract though (I’ve seen the chat about Anasta maybe talking to dogs) Hawkins is off contract.

so for now you would think it would be Dodd and Ilias to battle it out next season. I’m more than happy to keep Ilias as the back up over Hawkins. But anything could happen before then

themacemaceman

Juniors
100% true but everyone here do yourselves a favour,i was put onto this by a dear friend, look up the roar south sydney, there is an article that explains it all in great detail, we have too many old slow players and have not recruited youngsters and brought them through,picking cheecams, milnes, etc instead of finding 20year olds that can develop has killed us, we have no standouts in reserves, our line speed is diabolical, and the coach admits we are not in the same league, why would he say this? Because we dont have a network of scouts who visit other games, read The Roar and cry,
I’m not sure the roar are actually journalists? They’re just wannabe journos . Not much more than someone on a footy forum really.

Thumper

Juniors
At this stage Ilias is still under contract though (I’ve seen the chat about Anasta maybe talking to dogs) Hawkins is off contract.

so for now you would think it would be Dodd and Ilias to battle it out next season. I’m more than happy to keep Ilias as the back up over Hawkins. But anything could happen before then
If there is a battle between illias and Dodd, Dodd may as well stay at home. If he’s not better then what we have what’s the point.

Hellray

Juniors
Yeah we need a fair few more recruits in the forwards too. Thomas is also going so we have a lot of work to do.
Hopefully we are shopping a few forwards from super league also.

another burgess would be great.

looked at the st Helen’s roster not sure anyone there for Dodd to bring with him though

speedster

Juniors

Ilias may be willing to ask for a release if he knows he is starting the year in second grade and we may well need to agree to create room in our cap for other new players we desperately need. There could be quite a bit of shopping of on-contract players around in the coming weeks and months.

If there is movement in the coaching ranks and we have a "name coach" signed for next year, that will help with recruitment and squad reshaping. Can't come quick enough.

Hellray

Juniors
We need some hungry big power forwards that's for sure. And some speedy backs.

Not asking for too much are we?
Also though what this season has proven is we need “better” depth. That’s why Ilias staying as a back up half for me is a positive.

we don’t want to be going into a season with your back up half being someone like Jarrett subloo

speedster

Juniors
Also though what this season has proven is we need “better” depth. That’s why Ilias staying as a back up half for me is a positive.

we don’t want to be going into a season with your back up half being someone like Jarrett subloo
We've fallen off a cliff and have a lot of work to do, that's for sure. I'd reckon bringing Wighton into the halves if one of our halves go down might be our first option and we could still hang onto Hawkins as our Cup half.

We've fallen off a cliff and have a lot of work to do, that's for sure. I'd reckon bringing Wighton into the halves if one of our halves go down might be our first option and we could still hang onto Hawkins as our Cup half.

Wighton should had been #6 on debut leave gray at #1 and put that cancer trellmyth at #3

Ilias may be willing to ask for a release if he knows he is starting the year in second grade and we may well need to agree to create room in our cap for other new players we desperately need. There could be quite a bit of shopping of on-contract players around in the coming weeks and months.

If there is movement in the coaching ranks and we have a "name coach" signed for next year, that will help with recruitment and squad reshaping. Can't come quick enough.

Ilias needs to find a new club he is the worst half back I've seen in over 60 years play for souths.dudmetriou said ilias will be one of the best no7's souths have ever had lol dudmetriou and ilias need sacking both are massive egotistical duds.

Latest posts