What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

What they really need is an all day session 5 days a week running up the maroubra sand hills with a 40 kilo back pack madge was good at getting the laggers ship shape.
Well during his tenure, Seibsy had the bunnies playing 100 minutes of exo-footy without the added harshness and the idea was to replicate the movements so close as possible without injury etc.

This was designed to build up the muscle memory and get the players fit for purpose so close as possible.

He swore by it and is probably doing the same thing as Manly.

So apparently it’s easier to cope with 80 minutes if you are used to 100.

Top 8 very unlikely now. With all the injuries
That’s played a role as well.

The human body wasn’t designed to be smashed up the way it is in league.

So I’m very supportive of any and all measures to reduce injuries.

Trial rules.

Game in 4 quarters not halves.

Kick off is fine but all defenders to stop at a certain point.

If the defenders manage to tackle around the waist or below for the first three tackles, the set lasts to four tackles.

Limit of 2 tacklers in opposition half for 2nd and 3rd quarter.

5 minute binning for “ unnecessary force”

Hip drop tackle, 100k fine.

Last edited:
That’s played a role as well.

The human body wasn’t designed to be smashed up the way it is in league.

So I’m very supportive of any and all measures to reduce injuries.

Trial rules.

Game in 4 quarters not halves.

Kick off is fine but all defenders to stop at a certain point.

If the defenders manage to tackle around the waist or below for the first three tackles, the set lasts to four tackles.

Limit of 2 tacklers in opposition half for 2nd and 3rd quarter.

5 minute binning for “ unnecessary force”

Hip drop tackle, 100k fine.

Legend

Saw Renno go down tonight, stuck his arm out and it got smashed.

He wasn’t going to stop him, but the old footy instincts kicked in.

25 plus years of playing footy, for once in his life, he had to dodge the bullet, but he just couldn’t bring himself to preserve his career and he didn’t have time to consider his clubs fortunes and his critical role in it.

Yet there’s probably many other games over a long time where he’s been conscious of an injury and contained his drive, along with many other players.

Tedesco had a blinder, but it’s the way he was used that helped. I’ve seen a lot of games of footy, Robbo had a brilliant overall coaching game.

The Broncos had a few moments too.

I thought the binning was atrocious.

I think Renno has been held together with elastic bands for awhile, he’s been magnificient.

A friend of mine had lunch with a few friends at Sydney Uni once and Keary was a member of the group. He said he was a really nice guy. Easy going and no tabs on himself. Probably happy to be away from the bubble.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rumour Cam Murray has a hip flexor injury not sure if true or not that would make 18 guys out of our top 34.

Dion Teaupa is debuting next week too guys I’ve heard we don’t have a choice.

Gehamat Shibasaki has been called into the south’s squad out of the Blackhawks team to help cover the injuries
Not the worst of the fringe players, plenty of experience, should hold the fort.

Half of your roster wiped out, wow.

I did some calculations awhile ago, I might update it. On the average, I found that approaching a third of players of any roster are out injured or suspended. Spreading that across a season

Then apart from this quantitative demon, we have the qualitative (good player) challenges. So a key player may not be available and that can have a disproportionate effect.

I’m not sure about anyone else, I can’t remember a season when you’ve been n the wars so badly.

Apart from changes to the game, I’m also thinking we make swapping and other machinations easier for struggling clubs.

Junior giants like Penrith are “hoarding” players. These kids are desperate to play first grade.

I don’t see any issue for a Penrith KOE or whatever, making his debut for South’s under a licence scheme.

doyen

Bench
So south’s English shopping spree won’t stop at Dodds and Amone.

The other being looked at and spoken to are the following…

Tyler Dupree (Wigan) prop
Tom Holroyd (Leeds) prop
George Delany (st Helen’s) prop

at least we are looking for a lot of middles
Dupree & Holroyd[who is 114 kgs] have both played for England !! Delaney is 20 yrs old.

blue bags

First Grade
Not the worst of the fringe players, plenty of experience, should hold the fort.

Half of your roster wiped out, wow.

I did some calculations awhile ago, I might update it. On the average, I found that approaching a third of players of any roster are out injured or suspended. Spreading that across a season

Then apart from this quantitative demon, we have the qualitative (good player) challenges. So a key player may not be available and that can have a disproportionate effect.

I’m not sure about anyone else, I can’t remember a season when you’ve been n the wars so badly.

Apart from changes to the game, I’m also thinking we make swapping and other machinations easier for struggling clubs.

Junior giants like Penrith are “hoarding” players. These kids are desperate to play first grade.

I don’t see any issue for a Penrith KOE or whatever, making his debut for South’s under a licence scheme.
Can tiger's
Western suburbs magpies Reggie's
Loan a few players to the Rabbitohs

doyen

Bench
It is true that Murray has a hip flexor injury & will be out for 6 to 8 weeks---he will also miss Origin One !!!

Latest posts