What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Rabbits20

Immortal
Let’s not beat around the bush, Reyno was offered 1 year based on injury concerns. He should have understood the situation GI and Sam put the salary cap under only a year before and if he was a team man, he would have understood that if he got injured then it would not screw the club for 3 years

he chose not to back himself and take the easy money. Words are nothing as he is judged by his actions

he can be a donkey for life as far as I’m concerned but that’s just my opinion
Injury concerns please look at his record he’s played 20 games plus at the time every year prior pretty much. The one year offer was an insult for a club captain we offered Sutto a guaranteed 2 year deal at the same age. Reyno was never offered a guaranteed 2 year deal. As for injury concerns you can say that about any player that’s 30-31 years old.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hey r20 ilias is aiming up to play at souths for season 2025 no club wants him reyno is still giggling his head off.
Of course no club wants him mate I told you about it from the start. No club wants Ilias he’s on 550k next year preventing us from buying a good forward and he will be in reserve grade next year look how it worked out for he and JD. If I was Reyno I’d also be giggling that’s a normal human reaction after your club you’ve been with all your life did not want you. If we wanted him you offer him guaranteed 2 years and release other players under the cap if you really wanted to keep him. JD, Schaefer, Solly and Ello didn’t want that as they thought Ilias was gonna be our greatest halfback in a long time. Tbh I have no idea what they were watching I still shake my head today.

And others say oh well Reyno choked against Cleary hello not even DCE or Jahrome Hughes was stopping him that night he was in God mode. Many players don’t make a GF in their career Reyno made 3 and won 1 that’s brilliant. We should’ve only let Reyno go if it were for a Cronk, going in with a rookie coach and rookie halfback was not gonna end well. Middle forwards you can replace game managing halfbacks you can not replace.

Geez brother I hope Dodd is the answer I really do to get back into the top 6 next year we need a quality halfback without it we will be in strife. Wayne is putting his faith in Dodd in fact Wayne said prior to coming back to us get me a 7 and then we will talk that shows you what he thinks of Ilias and Hawkins mate.

Also it’s no coincidence since JD has gone and we have Cody and Wighton in the halves that we have won games. Should’ve started the year with them in the halves.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Since reyno left souths i was hoping reyno would get injured i was hoping he would get injured in his last game last week too which was sadly not to be.reyno said he was hoping souths would not play well and keep losing I hope you get injured soon reyno and that you keep losing too.gee whiz I loved seeing reyno's face last year as he sat on his haunches when cleary scored the winning grand final try what a pearler that was that was gold reyno enjoy son you had your chance to stay at souths but you decided to leave that was your decision and nobody else's!!! Reyno was injury prone so the donkeys took the gamble and its back fired ever since many donkey fans that I have met they want him gone becoz he is always injured i always hope the donkeys miss the 8 they cheat the cap just like the rorters + the purple puke do.i always hope that these 3 cheating clubs miss the 8 always but the nrl turn a blind eye.
Reyno initially felt that feeling early in season 2022 as you would. He didn’t run to the media about it he said it on a player podcast with an ex player at least he was honest he would’ve been very hurt about how it all panned out for sure. I wish no player to get injured I hate to see it. Reyno also said he still loves the club has good mates here and hated seeing them struggle earlier this year. He came down for the Turner thing too for the good cause that shows how much Kyle and the club means to him. I would’ve done best for my family too in that scenraio tbh. I had a phone chat with Solly actually and I told him you’ll regret it I’m sure he will now but he was adamant Trell, Cody and Damien were good enough game managers to take over yet I told him they aren’t that kind of player we need a 7 that holds the glue together. Anyway he did not think Reyno would get a 3 year offer from anyone. I said yes he will sure enough Sharks and Broncos both offered 3 year deals.

doyen

Bench
It was a pretty basic call to re-sign AR on a 2 or 3 yr contract--but the clowns who run our show couldn't see that---we have paid dearly for that poor decision--I'll be very surprised if Dodd is in AR's class when it comes to playing in the NRL !! ATM he is a reserve grader in the ESL !!!??????? Apparently Sam B. was pretty surprised that Sths signed Doddery !!

Eric the great

Juniors
Who cares what Reynolds said it’s old news he’s a bronco life goes on Rabbitohs keep going without him and talking about rookie halfbacks isn’t dodds a rookie halfback one game against an nrl side in pre season wow he kicked a field goal to win the game but ilia’s has kicked a field goal to win a game for the bunnies if my memory serves me correct and how many players from nrl have gone to super league when there future in the nrl had stalled and became absolute stars in super league and I see today where someone has stated that any nrl side tigers included would win the super league easy I know it’s only speculation and as Sammy B said last week see how Dodds goes with big blokes running at him all day.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It was a pretty basic call to re-sign AR on a 2 or 3 yr contract--but the clowns who run our show couldn't see that---we have paid dearly for that poor decision--I'll be very surprised if Dodd is in AR's class when it comes to playing in the NRL !! ATM he is a reserve grader in the ESL !!!??????? Apparently Sam B. was pretty surprised that Sths signed Doddery !!
Doyen good to hear from you mate one things certain in the NRL you will get nowhere without a quality 7 that’s just the reality if you wanna be up the top end. Look at Dogs they are going better and 9 and 8 but yes they won’t get too far into finals as Sexton is ok but not good enough to help take them deep as the club 7.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Who cares what Reynolds said it’s old news he’s a bronco life goes on Rabbitohs keep going without him and talking about rookie halfbacks isn’t dodds a rookie halfback one game against an nrl side in pre season wow he kicked a field goal to win the game but ilia’s has kicked a field goal to win a game for the bunnies if my memory serves me correct and how many players from nrl have gone to super league when there future in the nrl had stalled and became absolute stars in super league and I see today where someone has stated that any nrl side tigers included would win the super league easy I know it’s only speculation and as Sammy B said last week see how Dodds goes with big blokes running at him all day.
Well time will tell but Wayne did not want Ilias mate. Dodd has proven himself over in the UK he’s had big wraps on him so let’s see what Wayne can get out of him, he’d have had a big say on this signing.

Eric the great

Juniors
Well time will tell but Wayne did not want Ilias mate. Dodd has proven himself over in the UK he’s had big wraps on him so let’s see what Wayne can get out of him, he’d have had a big say on this signing.
I know Ilias is not the answer but why are blokes banging on about him he has been out of the picture for ages and his highlight reel would be comparable to dodds he wasn’t the team selector each week that was the job of someone who apparently knows footy and I don’t think he is at the club anymore