What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Eric the great

Juniors
What we need this afternoon is Cronulla to really get stuck into the knights and cause about 10 injuries to the knights players so we have half a chance next week lol

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

With a lot of dumb decisions going around at the moment around the club, this is a smart one I feel. It avoids him being sacked, but it should really put a rocket up him finally. And I mean really put a rocket up him, something that has had to happen for a long time.

If he packs a sad and doesn't agree to these clauses, then that shows he thinks he's bigger than the club and as much as I love him, he can go.

Let's hope this is the making of Trell. It bloody well better be!

So he can't use the All Stars as the suspension?
I said it earlier this week, I highly doubted any suspensions were going to be for this season, because they know he won't be playing any more games.

They were always going to be for next season.
Otherwise, it's just like a suspended sentence.

I hope they fine him big, like $100K, then he might think twice about wasting his money on "white substances"

Nafedogg

Juniors
As much as I want him to buy into the new contract clauses, a very small part of me hopes he doesn’t like it and goes. I just don’t feel that he will do his all to get back mentally and physically. Like after the Shaun Johnson episode, we got a few weeks of good playing, but then he gets injured (yes not his control) but then goes and does this.

I’m not completely sold he wants to be a Rabbitoh, maybe Wayne getting in his ear might help.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
As much as I want him to buy into the new contract clauses, a very small part of me hopes he doesn’t like it and goes. I just don’t feel that he will do his all to get back mentally and physically. Like after the Shaun Johnson episode, we got a few weeks of good playing, but then he gets injured (yes not his control) but then goes and does this.

I’m not completely sold he wants to be a Rabbitoh, maybe Wayne getting in his ear might help.
It's been 3 straight seasons where he hasn't been able to play the last month of the regular season, and into the playoffs, whether it's been through suspensions or injury, or both.
That's red flag stuff right there. I wouldn't be asking him for the winning lotto numbers, that's for sure....

speedster

Juniors
I said it earlier this week, I highly doubted any suspensions were going to be for this season, because they know he won't be playing any more games.

They were always going to be for next season.
Otherwise, it's just like a suspended sentence.
But they shouldn't be allowed to do that. If the indiscretion is now, the suspension should apply now and it shouldn't matter that a player happens to be out injured. When has this ever happened to any other player that they've suspended a suspension until a player is healthy again? What a load of corrupt tosh! The club should put their foot down and insist the League has no right to wait for any reason to apply their sanction in Latrell's case only but for no other player in the history of the game. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I've never heard of such a thing happening to anyone else EVER). I've heard of plenty of players serving suspensions whilst injured but none having their suspension delayed until they're fit. What a crock if that's what happens here!

Wizardman

First Grade
But they shouldn't be allowed to do that. If the indiscretion is now, the suspension should apply now and it shouldn't matter that a player happens to be out injured. When has this ever happened to any other player that they've suspended a suspension until a player is healthy again? What a load of corrupt tosh! The club should put their foot down and insist the League has no right to wait for any reason to apply their sanction in Latrell's case only but for no other player in the history of the game. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I've never heard of such a thing happening to anyone else EVER). I've heard of plenty of players serving suspensions whilst injured but none having their suspension delayed until they're fit. What a crock if that's what happens here!
Absolute rubbish!

Latrell has let not only your club down but the league down. A suspension from now knowing his injury would be a nothing punishment and you know it. He needs to feel this punishment.

If any other coach was coming to your club, I'd sack Trell. Bennett is probably the best coach in history for getting the best out of troubled players. With an extreme talent like Trell, if Bennett wants him around than the club should listen. In saying that though, the club needs to put in some sort of protection clauses for the club's bottom line if Trell stuffs up again.

Im not that optimistic that Bennett will get the best out of him....but it is worth a shot.