What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Good to hear cookie wants to come back to south’s when he finishes his playing to coach in some capacity he has been a champion for our club for a long time never in the headlines and goes about his business with no fuss
Speaking of which, I doubt Reyno 's future is up there with the Broncos, he has been copping a whole heap of crap, especially from Tallis, for weeks and weeks.
They just can't blame a Queenslander for their failures, and so are turning on Reynolds.
Would not be surprised to see him back down here in the future either....

Gooses? What's with the insults? This is a rumours about signings thread where people can talk about possible changes they reckon might be on the cards or should be on the cards to the squad.

We all know the coach and the club make the decisions. None of us actually get to send in an actual "request" for a player.

We could do without the unnecessary name calling thanks.
Not quite true.
If you see junior talent, you can always inform the club. They’re actually receptive to good scouting in junior ranks.

Hellray

Juniors
Dragons can’t afford to keep one of the feagai twins and has been told to look elsewhere. We almost signed one a season a go. I would rather take a punt on him having youth on his side rather than some of these older options that’s been floated around

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
What was the most embarrassing moment of the year for me it was the the game against Penrith when may scored from tap restart when the whole south’s side failed to get back in position after kicking ball dead school boy football
Please don't remind us...
That would have to be the lowest point of the season, and sealed JD'S fate

handyman2190

Bench
Apart from cookie and tom, leon tahau,deon taupa, hawkins, izak thompson, cheekam have been farewelled and wont be resigned
Tass and shaq have been made offers
Milne and lovet are in limbo yet to be decided, deon and hawkins have shown they cant produce in first grade same thompson,lovet can go in my opinion hasnt played all year and may never come right, we dont need proffesional reserve graders

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Apart from cookie and tom, leon tahau,deon taupa, hawkins, izak thompson, cheekam have been farewelled and wont be resigned
Tass and shaq have been made offers
Milne and lovet are in limbo yet to be decided, deon and hawkins have shown they cant produce in first grade same thompson,lovet can go in my opinion hasnt played all year and may never come right, we dont need proffesional reserve graders
I would like to see Milne re-signed.
He is transforming his game into an offloader of the ball.

callmack1

Staff member

Departing players confirmed last night. I'm not unhappy to see most of them go, aside from Tom and Cookie of course.

Not Kennar on the list is a bit strange though. Surely we're not re-signing him?

There are also rumours that we're re-signing Tass for three years, I'm happy with that. A bit iffy about the length of contract, sure, but re-signing him is great. He's not a star, but he is a really good squad player and a great depth player. I'm more than comfortable if he has to play next year at times, far better than options this year. Happy to see him stay.

speedster

Juniors
3 years for Tass? I'd have to see how that contract is structured and for how much before I make judgement but basically, if it's for a pretty low salary and the 2nd and 3rd years are options (either club or mutual), then I don't mind this at all.

At full strength, he won't make our 17 but he is better depth than what we've had for most of this season.