What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Squad List

Parko1310

Juniors
Want to supply an actual source for that story? Or do you just hear it from a friend of a friend of a friend…….
Via NewsCorp. "The Dragons were reportedly close to signing Villiame Kikau last year, however they submitted him a formal contract less than what they originally agreed to with his management"

ZeroTackle, who just copy and paste articles pretty much, stated in regard to the NewsCorp report: "Red V club officials were set to begin an aggressive recruitment drive beginning with the coup of Vilaime Kikau".

That deal falling through was reportedly one of the reasons Hunt was unhappy. The Dragons then promised Hunt other marquee signings after he re-signed last year, which did not happen.

“When I signed (a new deal), there was a lot going on,” Hunt said in the wake of Game 2 of Origin, hinting he felt let down by the club.

“They wanted to get me signed first to get it sorted out so they could start making recruitment decisions.

“It's gone nowhere.

“I just thought once I signed there would be a snowball effect (of other recruits coming to the club) and a few things would happen, but it hasn't happened.”

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hunt thought that once he signed it would be a snowball effect of other recruits....What a joke that is. Whilst Hook was coach saints retention had no chance of luring anyone.

Kikau was always going to go to the Dogs because of his connection with Barrett. He was never coming to the Dragons once the Dogs joined the race. Below is the article from Fox sports. He is on 800k for 4 years so it all worked out just the paper throwing Saints under the bus as usual with more crap.

"Bulldogs recruit Viliame Kikau has revealed his disappointment surrounding the departure of former head coach Trent Barrett, explaining he “loved” being coached by him at the Panthers.

The 27-year-old barnstorming backrower signed with the Canterbury-Bankstown club on a four-year deal reportedly worth around $3.2 million.

Barrett was employed as an assistant to Ivan Cleary for the 2020 season, before penning a deal with the Bulldogs that same year.

Kikau emerged as one of the most damaging ball runners in the competition under his tutelage, which led to his signing at Belmore.

Now, Kikau has expressed his disappointment that Barrett won’t be there to greet him at his new club.

“I sent Baz a message a few days after that happened, and I wanted to check up on him,” Kikau told The Sydney Morning Herald.

“He said he was all good. I always loved being coached under Baz when he was here. I really enjoyed it.

When he went there (to Canterbury), he was the main reason why I went there. He’s not there now.

“(With) some coaches, you just know you communicate with them, you know you can trust them, and they trust you, too. That was the feeling I got with him.”

since77

Juniors
Via NewsCorp. "The Dragons were reportedly close to signing Villiame Kikau last year, however they submitted him a formal contract less than what they originally agreed to with his management"

ZeroTackle, who just copy and paste articles pretty much, stated in regard to the NewsCorp report: "Red V club officials were set to begin an aggressive recruitment drive beginning with the coup of Vilaime Kikau".

That deal falling through was reportedly one of the reasons Hunt was unhappy. The Dragons then promised Hunt other marquee signings after he re-signed last year, which did not happen.

“When I signed (a new deal), there was a lot going on,” Hunt said in the wake of Game 2 of Origin, hinting he felt let down by the club.

“They wanted to get me signed first to get it sorted out so they could start making recruitment decisions.

“It's gone nowhere.

“I just thought once I signed there would be a snowball effect (of other recruits coming to the club) and a few things would happen, but it hasn't happened.”
Lol are these the same newscorp journos who said Ryles was a done deal and Hunt was playing for the Broncos this year?
I don’t believe the Kikau story.

Dragon David

First Grade
Billy Burns not listed
Yes, noted this now Victoire and Zero Tackle hasn't listed him either and the one I posted is from the Dragons website. So I'm unsure what his status is.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Yes, noted this now Victoire and Zero Tackle hasn't listed him either and the one I posted is from the Dragons website. So I'm unsure what his status is.

I would say Flanno chose Russell over Burns

Rod Coil

Juniors
Received a Rd V Member birthday email from the club. Had 3 NRL & 3 NRLW players featured - graphics/signatures. Our NRL Club captain was not among them - quickly identified by my kids……

RedVee_8

Juniors
Received a Rd V Member birthday email from the club. Had 3 NRL & 3 NRLW players featured - graphics/signatures. Our NRL Club captain was not among them - quickly identified by my kids……
I’m a January birthday, never been sent anything for my birthday

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I am loving Flannos challenge to the group and also the 3 players Flanno has isolated that need to go to the next level

Suli
Sua
Birdy

Named them he has in the media
Challenged them he certainly has
Let’s see how they respond
Sorry, but Bird no longer flies like 2016. Seems so slow and overweight with limited lateral movement or line breaking ability. Likely his last season playing NRL

Crush

Coach
Sorry, but Bird no longer flies like 2016. Seems so slow and overweight with limited lateral movement or line breaking ability. Likely his last season playing NRL
I’m intrigued by Jack Bird. Does he have anything left? I agree with many, that he’s a footballer when he’s on but my god he was bad last year. I’d say he was our worst player, or one of.
I hope Flanno gets the best out of him but I also hope that IF he is playing like he was last year after 6 weeks, then we let him go immediately, he’s a liability in that mode.

Illusion

Bench
I’m intrigued by Jack Bird. Does he have anything left? I agree with many, that he’s a footballer when he’s on but my god he was bad last year. I’d say he was our worst player, or one of.
I hope Flanno gets the best out of him but I also hope that IF he is playing like he was last year after 6 weeks, then we let him go immediately, he’s a liability in that mode.
I'd let him go now , too slow , the game has passed him ....... Needs to play on in the UK .......

Latest posts