What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Squad List

blacksafake

First Grade
Roosters in a cap squeeze since Crichton to rugby deal fell through. They wanted to re-sign Wong and Terell May with some of that money but are struggling to find that cash now. Both good players worth a look, especially Wong who has so much potential. Honestly can't see Roosters letting him leave but there's a window open to have a crack. If we could land May too, is that enough of a drawcard for Taylan to possibly join from Penrith as well? I think it's worth exploring
They’ll find a way to keep them all.

shiloh dc

Juniors
Roosters in a cap squeeze since Crichton to rugby deal fell through. They wanted to re-sign Wong and Terell May with some of that money but are struggling to find that cash now. Both good players worth a look, especially Wong who has so much potential. Honestly can't see Roosters letting him leave but there's a window open to have a crack. If we could land May too, is that enough of a drawcard for Taylan to possibly join from Penrith as well? I think it's worth exploring
Wong would be the right move for the Dragons.

KingFlanno7

Juniors
In an ideal world, We would sign Tracey for 2024 and go hard for Manu with the guarantee of first crack at FB for 2025. Obviously we need more signings but that would be my main priority. If flanno can get us fit and firing next year it will make it alot easier to sell the dream to potential recruits but landing someone like Manu would be a great start. 2024 isnt going to be much different team wise but i can almost guarantee we will be a tougher team mentally and physically

In an ideal world, We would sign Tracey for 2024 and go hard for Manu with the guarantee of first crack at FB for 2025. Obviously we need more signings but that would be my main priority. If flanno can get us fit and firing next year it will make it alot easier to sell the dream to potential recruits but landing someone like Manu would be a great start. 2024 isnt going to be much different team wise but i can almost guarantee we will be a tougher team mentally and physically
Manu and the Roosters have already stated that Manu will be a Rooster for life.
We should focus on the players who might get squeezed out like May and Butcher, or even Smith.
They will not lose any big name that they want to keep.

saintmar

Juniors
Forget about Koloamatangi now. Re signing with the Rabbits.
We were never in the stadium to enter the race to sign him.
I'll say it again releasing our best junior and future of our club would have wider ramifications then just the playing field as it sends a bad message on where we are going for recruitment.
Unfortunately there is no way Kolomotangi or his management would have even contemplated our club.

rasaint

Juniors
I came to the conclusion a few weeks back that Flanno can not get any top quality players to come to our club. I know that ‘apparently’ there are 2 to 3 good players to be announced after November but just can not see it. Their isn’t much on the market anyway. Hame Sele and if Josh Curran? are steady toilers fullstop. It is what it is and Flanno not to be blamed.

It may be possible that Flano looking for a swap or one season loan arrangement. That type of deal is about it. Local juniors who coming through who knows? Couchmann’s are tough players but lack dash and running power imo.

still lack speed in backs and I think that Lomax to slow for fullback and unfortunately the exciting Cody Ramsey ( genuinely fast) looks long odds to return.

I’m going to keep chin up but the cupboard looks a bit ; well bare haha.

-

Dragon David

First Grade
I came to the conclusion a few weeks back that Flanno can not get any top quality players to come to our club. I know that ‘apparently’ there are 2 to 3 good players to be announced after November but just can not see it. Their isn’t much on the market anyway. Hame Sele and if Josh Curran? are steady toilers fullstop. It is what it is and Flanno not to be blamed.

It may be possible that Flano looking for a swap or one season loan arrangement. That type of deal is about it. Local juniors who coming through who knows? Couchmann’s are tough players but lack dash and running power imo.

still lack speed in backs and I think that Lomax to slow for fullback and unfortunately the exciting Cody Ramsey ( genuinely fast) looks long odds to return.

-
I agree with you rasaint. I do hope that Flanno does come good with what he has stated regarding recruitment. The appointment of Shane Millard as the Dragons' Recruitment and Pathways Manager recently would require him making a full assessment of the current players, juniors, etc. by discussing all issues with Ryan Carr as the previous coach and Flanno and Young on what they see as needed to better the squad. A lot of brain storming and then seeing who is available to sign up and who to let go.

We need a really decent middle forward, maybe two, a strong, tackle efficient edge forward and a couple of backs one of which should be strong and lightning fast.

Overall we need good depth, fitter and stronger players with great endurance and with good culture. Flanno has got the right fitness guys hired and they will get the players much fitter than they have been.

since77

Juniors

-
Yep. Remember when the geniuses in charge fed us the BS reasoning of resigning Griffin so we could go out recruiting players……Not only did they send us another year backwards with a dud coach but they put us another year backwards in recruitment. Those C.Hunts have got a lot to answer for.

Parko1310

Juniors
Yep. Remember when the geniuses in charge fed us the BS reasoning of resigning Griffin so we could go out recruiting players……Not only did they send us another year backwards with a dud coach but they put us another year backwards in recruitment. Those C.Hunts have got a lot to answer for.
Yes, although in all fairness Hook had landed a big fish. 2023 performance and injuries aside, Kikau was in great form at Penrith and was on his way to the Dragons. Management, not Hook, f**ked that one. I imagine if other players saw a big name sign at the Dragons, they may have been enticed to do so as well.

For anyone who doesn't know the story, Kikau and the Dragons had a full agreement, and when Kikau came to sign the contract, the money in the contract was less than the amount they'd agreed on. The idiots in charge tried on a real below the belt move by trying to get him to sign something that wasn't agreed upon. And here we are today, with not a single marquee signing since 2018... I wonder if anything would've been different had Kikau come and the management hadn't sabotaged the deal. I don't think Hook would still be here.. but maybe we'd have a few more good players on the way.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Yes, although in all fairness Hook had landed a big fish. 2023 performance and injuries aside, Kikau was in great form at Penrith and was on his way to the Dragons. Management, not Hook, f**ked that one. I imagine if other players saw a big name sign at the Dragons, they may have been enticed to do so as well.

For anyone who doesn't know the story, Kikau and the Dragons had a full agreement, and when Kikau came to sign the contract, the money in the contract was less than the amount they'd agreed on. The idiots in charge tried on a real below the belt move by trying to get him to sign something that wasn't agreed upon. And here we are today, with not a single marquee signing since 2018... I wonder if anything would've been different had Kikau come and the management hadn't sabotaged the deal. I don't think Hook would still be here.. but maybe we'd have a few more good players on the way.
Hadn't heard that story and a pretty sad indictment on our management if that's how they want to go about their business.

Parko1310

Juniors
Hadn't heard that story and a pretty sad indictment on our management if that's how they want to go about their business.
Yes, it was either Kikau himself or his manager that came out and said he was going to the Dragons if not for that taking place. Unfortunately I doubt the people responsible were held accountable either and remain at the club. I'm sure after that sort of shit they wouldn't have a great reputation amongst a lot of players either.

Dragon David

First Grade

Well if this was the case, the management of the Dragons definitely would have been seen to try and pull a swifty and this would have been brought to the attention of other player managers I'm sure. Our major problem has been management and the bad way they do things and the poor decisions they make.

Our recruitment drive so far is at a standstill with Millard and Flanagan plus maybe Carr and Young all putting their heads together to work out which 3 players are to be signed up before Christmas 2023 which is what Flanno said is to occur. Hopefully those that they line up get the green light of management who don't want to change things on paper.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I have heard that terrible contract stunt being done by another Sydney club which I won't mention but recruit a lot and still are. They have done this many times in the past but it was never the Saints. They tap up players and offer them big dollars, force them to get a release and when it comes to signing it is less than what was mentioned in the secret coffees...oops.

since77

Juniors

Want to supply an actual source for that story? Or do you just hear it from a friend of a friend of a friend…….

Latest posts