What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Squad List

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Dragons 2024?

Best 17?

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Mikaele Ravalawa
3. Birdy (Big IF.............trials will tell)
4. Moses Suli
5. Zac Lomax
6. Flanagan
7. Ben Hunt
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Francis Molo
11. Jaydn Su'A
12. RFM
13. Jack de Belin

14. Hame Sele
15. Fafita
16. Eisenhuth
17. Connor ?

18. Toby Couchman
19. Marshke?
20. Alec Tuitavake
21. Savelio Tamale
22. Sione Finau
23. Russell
24. Paul Turner? $200k
25. MMolo
26. Matt Fegai
27. Allan
28. Max Fegai? $200k
29. Ryan Couchman
30. Tuipulotu?

Christian Tuipulotu? 106kg winger manly
Hugh Renton? 113kg middle no8 rugby (June)

So ressies might look like ?

1. Turner
2. Tuipulotu?
3. Fegai Matt
4. Tamale
5. Finau
6. Glover or Ralph T&T ? (Ralph appears adept at HB and equally Glover / maybe also 5/8 or Hooker for Glover?)
7. Marschke
8. Tuitavake
9. ?
10. Couchman
11. BMM
12. Egan
13. MMolo
14. Stewart
15. Russell
16. Coric
17. Shereb
18. Mansfield (T&T) second row / ex centre > 102kg and 186cm
19. Tsougranis
20. Liu
21. Webster
22. Fegai Max

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Gosh forgot all about Hugh Renton, I wonder if he is still on the cards? That was a long time ago and pre RFM.. I suppose he could be a Train & Trial for 2024.. not sure whos spot he is going to take in 2025 though.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
some of the media had hinted we had been working on RFM since july 2023?

i heard nothing can happen re Renton until June due to scheduling / contract etc

last round is June1 then finals

Maybe it would be a come and train with us as a T&T and see how it goes? before starting next rugby contract?

I suspect that wouldnt fly though and even if we moved a player on to make space in the 30 he and or his rugby club would want more certainty

Last edited:

since77

Juniors
I am tempering my emotions, but definitely feeling 1000x better than leading into the 2023 season!
I have very modest expectations for this season but geez that's a hell of a lot better than how I was feeling this time last year knowing that the spoon was a real possibility because of Griffin being in charge again. I've never been so pessimistic before a season started than last year. You could see we were headed for disaster (and shame on the board for not seeing it or caring about it).
There is actually something to look forward to this year. First steps on a journey that hopefully has us back near the top again in 25 / 26.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
On a TT

Jonah Glover - Halfback - 21yrs - Played 1 game for Brisbane in QRL and listed as a Dogs player now contracted 23 and 2024 ?? Maybe got a release?

o Josh Ralph - Halfback - 26yrs - Irish bloke whos played a bit of cup and international, played in France in 2023.

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I have very modest expectations for this season but geez that's a hell of a lot better than how I was feeling this time last year knowing that the spoon was a real possibility because of Griffin being in charge again. I've never been so pessimistic before a season started than last year. You could see we were headed for disaster (and shame on the board for not seeing it or caring about it).
So true about how I feel this time last season @since77. This time last year some were even hoping Saints will lose their first 6 so Griffin can get the boot quicker as that was the only way the BOD would sack him.
There is no reason Saints will not improve post Griffin as Panthers and Broncos did without too much change to their roster. I am really hoping this trend continues.
I am also looking forward to seeing how the juniors go as I am keen to see the Saints get back to playing finals footy in most of those comps. If they go well then that will be a huge step in the right direction.

Dragons 2024?

Best 17?

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Mikaele Ravalawa
3. Birdy (Big IF.............trials will tell)
4. Moses Suli
5. Zac Lomax
6. Flanagan
7. Ben Hunt
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Francis Molo
11. Jaydn Su'A
12. RFM
13. Jack de Belin

14. Hame Sele
15. Fafita
16. Eisenhuth
17. Connor ?

18. Toby Couchman
19. Marshke?
20. Alec Tuitavake
21. Savelio Tamale
22. Sione Finau
23. Russell
24. Paul Turner? $200k
25. MMolo
26. Matt Fegai
27. Allan
28. Max Fegai? $200k
29. Ryan Couchman
30. Tuipulotu?

Christian Tuipulotu? 106kg winger manly
Hugh Renton? 113kg middle no8 rugby (June)

So ressies might look like ?

1. Turner
2. Tuipulotu?
3. Fegai Matt
4. Tamale
5. Finau
6. Glover or Ralph T&T ? (Ralph appears adept at HB and equally Glover / maybe also 5/8 or Hooker for Glover?)
7. Marschke
8. Tuitavake
9. ?
10. Couchman
11. BMM
12. Egan
13. MMolo
14. Stewart
15. Russell
16. Coric
17. Shereb
18. Mansfield (T&T) second row / ex centre > 102kg and 186cm
19. Tsougranis
20. Liu
21. Webster
22. Fegai Max
I think you are fairly close to what the team will be Auntie G.
I see Bird on the bench replacing Connor, and new signing Tuipulotu on the wing, with Lomax in the centres.
Clubs can pick a squad of up to 28 players for the preseason Challenge, so with unlimited interchange as well, plenty of players will get a chance to impress the coach during both games.
I doubt that the current squad of 30 will remain as is.
I expect at least two players will be moved on during the coming weeks/months.

Parko1310

Juniors
I think you are fairly close to what the team will be Auntie G.
I see Bird on the bench replacing Connor, and new signing Tuipulotu on the wing, with Lomax in the centres.
Clubs can pick a squad of up to 28 players for the preseason Challenge, so with unlimited interchange as well, plenty of players will get a chance to impress the coach during both games.
I doubt that the current squad of 30 will remain as is.
I expect at least two players will be moved on during the coming weeks/months.
Also not a single one of our mens players named for the All Stars, so we will have a full selection to choose from for both trials

Dragon David

First Grade
It's not a rumour anymore so I thought I'd post it in here
Great to see plus they have extended Corey Allen's contract to the end of 2025. He has been taken out of this years top 30 but will be re-included in 2025. Good work Dragons.