What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Squad List

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Stewart as in Hamish, playing 2nd row, normally plays lock from memory, hasnt played in the front row as far as im aware.

TheRev

First Grade
Tracey is on the extended dogs bench, so he must be better, but he would have missed a lot of the pre-season.

Not sure on Hamish Stewart, they have named him in the 2nd row in Jersey Flegg... but I guess who knows where he ends up, I suspect a lot of these young forwards will have to play out of position to get a spot in JF or Cup in years to come.

jeffdragon

Bench
Tracey is on the extended dogs bench, so he must be better, but he would have missed a lot of the pre-season.

Not sure on Hamish Stewart, they have named him in the 2nd row in Jersey Flegg... but I guess who knows where he ends up, I suspect a lot of these young forwards will have to play out of position to get a spot in JF or Cup in years to come.
There were guys in teams that didn't make the 17 that thought were in for sure.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

I’m feeling that siege mentality building

Go get em Vili
In his first year in FG he coul off the bench deliver the same stats at Kerr

Great acquisition and I’m hopeful that if we back him in this season he will ride the bus into next season as a FG also

Go get em Vili
Flanno gave Vili a whole 8 mins to go get em. In that time he showed he belongs with four powerhouse carries and several bone jarring tackles. I can see this big dude being our enforcer in years to come. Speaking of an enforcer as a Fox League journo describes him (chuckle) seems three clubs are circling Frank Molo. The jury is out for me on this bloke, was inconsistent last season but started this one on fire, best I have seen him in attack and defense. He will be a great asset in the engine room if he can maintain this form for '24.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Flanno gave Vili a whole 8 mins to go get em. In that time he showed he belongs with four powerhouse carries and several bone jarring tackles. I can see this big dude being our enforcer in years to come. Speaking of an enforcer as a Fox League journo describes him (chuckle) seems three clubs are circling Frank Molo. The jury is out for me on this bloke, was inconsistent last season but started this one on fire, best I have seen him in attack and defense. He will be a great asset in the engine room if he can maintain this form for '24.
The challenge is keeping 1st grade pumping while the conveyor belt brings the new blood.. and stopping them getting pinched in the process. Fifita and possibly MMolo are our next cabs off the rank.. behind that we are going to have to try and stagger those blokes that start dropping into the squad, guys like Tonga, Latu, Hutchinson, Traill, Ackers, Stewart, Liu, and there are a couple of others,

We cant have too many of those kids at once, so if we lose FMolo.. a guy who has played origin... I mean he can do big minutes (51mins last week) at a very professional standard and he can do it all season-long, im not sure what we look like if hes gone.. i.e. would Flanno be willing to risk relying on kids.. or would he try to find a replacement?

I mean Fifita has never done long minutes.. did 14mins last week and 0 mins this week (as hes 18th man), im not sure how long it will take him to transition to big minutes. and how many weeks in a row can he do it? It's a huge call.. and as many talented kids as we have.. ultimately its just gonna be 2 on the field and 2 on the bench... if one of em gets injured first tackle like last night in the dogs game.. well.. that kid is gonna have to pick up the slack.

I sort of am looking forward to seeing the kids doing big minutes in NSW Cup and getting themselves ready for the transition.. Fifita kinda skipped that with his injuries last year.

Dragon David

First Grade
Wouldn't it be nice if a player of some quality would call up Flanno and say "I'm ready Shanie - just call to let me know when I can sign the contract".

Just imagine if Joey Manu did that - not bloody likely but here we have Tevita Pangai Jr saying that to Kevvie at the Broncos.

It would be great if there were some players wanting to join us and tell all other clubs to get nicked. We do, but they are the beggars cannot be chooser types who we have to chase.

SAP58

Juniors
Wouldn't it be nice if a player of some quality would call up Flanno and say "I'm ready Shanie - just call to let me know when I can sign the contract".

Just imagine if Joey Manu did that - not bloody likely but here we have Tevita Pangai Jr saying that to Kevvie at the Broncos.

It would be great if there were some players wanting to join us and tell all other clubs to get nicked. We do, but they are the beggars cannot be chooser types who we have to chase.

I share in your frustration @Dragon David but that wasn’t the case with the Broncos 2yrs ago. I think Kev is a great coach & people manager which is why the Broncos have improved so much.

DeathBlooms

Juniors
Tom Eisenhuth is only a year contract, if he keeps playing the way he is they need to look a trying to resign him before someone else does.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Ran 18 meters in 37 minutes last week. Would want to do a whole lot better this weekend or I’d replace him with a Couchman
I think we need to ignore the Dolphins game and hope it was an anomaly and NEVER happens again. Eisenhuth showed enough against the Titans that he might be worth extending, but I would wait a few more weeks before making an offer.

TheRev

First Grade
Flanno talked about it today, that we dont ever want to be out-competed on effort.. that was the part he doesnt want to see again, thats the benchmark now. We were definitely flat and the Dolphins were up.. and thats the NRL now.. when a team gets a roll on its ugly... its not just us.. the Panthers could have put on 50 last night before Tago bombed one.

We will get flogged many times this year... particularly by those Top4 teams, and even more so if we get any more injuries.. especially in spine positions.. but we shouldnt be letting the Dolphins flog us.. that is true.. although it wasnt as bad as it seemed imo.. but still a very solid loss.

Dragon David

First Grade
I know that we have a good number of edge forwards but I think that Viliami Fifita would kill it on the edges. He is 1.94 m tall and weighs 109kg. If he can develop like Isaah Yeo from Penrith who is 1.95 m tall and weighs 106 kg who has power in his runs and defence, then I would be happy if Flanno would try him there in some future games - a full game not just a few minutes.

I know that we have a good number of edge forwards but I think that Viliami Fifita would kill it on the edges. He is 1.94 m tall and weighs 109kg. If he can develop like Isaah Yeo from Penrith who is 1.95 m tall and weighs 106 kg who has power in his runs and defence, then I would be happy if Flanno would try him there in some future games - a full game not just a few minutes.
Except, Yeo plays middle

Dragon David

First Grade
Except, Yeo plays middle
Yep, sorry. He mainly plays as the Panthers lock forward and has done so for a while now. I'm just comparing who we have that has the size and strength like Yeo who just keeps running the ball and tackling like a machine. Without him and Cleary, their wins would be harder to get.