What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

Perth Red

Post Whore
Kayo plus Fox average is 600k or so ?
Youre making a big assumption people will drop fox altogether and switch to different streaming platform just for nrl.
Kayo yes as it’s a Sports only channel, but most have fox package not just fox sport.

Go take a look at the ads that typically run in those Saturday afternoon slots across all networks. When you're seeing ads for small local businesses, it's because they're the cheapest to run. When you see the exact same national brand ad run every single break, it's because the network hasn't filled all their slots, so they run on loop to fill the unsold space as part of the national campaign buy because they run on spread volume, not just targeted slots.
The same ads are repeated during all NRL games. Regardless of time.

But the bigger reality that people need to accept is that ad money is NEVER coming back to FTA and streaming.

Didn't Prime Video and Netflix add commercials to their service?

Last edited:
That is the reason I am for things like Vegas, PNG etc because when TV gets to that stage.

4m people paying $40 a month for Kayo isn't going to pay for the rights.

Need to get more eyes paying for the games

However while ever we have this model for the next couple of tv deals atleast. Ad space is key to keeping the sport moving forward
The key is for clubs to generate more revenue from football operations. That way they will not be so dependent on the broadcasters.

Iamback

Coach
Youre making a big assumption people will drop fox altogether and switch to different streaming platform just for nrl.
Kayo yes as it’s a Sports only channel, but most have fox package not just fox sport.

Even then. I am not paying what I pay for Kayo now for only one sport.

Many people won't. Hell the NBA's new deal adds Amazon to the mix, I doubt they will have many games exclusive to NBA TV anymore.

It just isn't viable

Billythekid

First Grade
Last edited:

Latest posts