What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 World Club Challenge

blue bags

First Grade
NRL Champs. Cowboy's went to England and won
Same as the NRL Champions. Dragons won in England
They both toured with their full strength team.
With the focus of winning
Same as st Helens Saints when they toured to Australia last year
They did not Play. Use there reserve grade team
Saints were on a mission
Rare opportunity to win the WCC vs the mighty NRL champions Penrith Panthers at Panthers home ground

blue bags

First Grade
Latest News from England
They are looking at taking game to Vegas
Wigan Warriors vs Penrith Panthers
Vegas BABY 😋

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Hopefully we learnt from last year and we field an almost complete reserve grade side.

Losing Taylan May in a preseason pointless game was devastating.

or better still, hopefully the game gets cancelled because of the Vegas trip and we can concentrate on going 4 in row

Personally I'd be quite comfortable with this happening. Sadly May's injury was a nasty one. Which was not punished, (when it should have been)

Have a feeling this is on the players 'to do list'......Sounds like Ivan and the admin are very keen, because it's not been won by our club before.

I do though have complete confidence in what Ivan and his team chose to do, because in the last 4 years very few mistakes have been made.

Last edited:
Jeez, I thought we’d all made up after the grand final joy.

Just imagine being Nate after that last try, just for a moment, think of making history.

Sliced through 5 attempted tackles, step, angle, mm perfect, disposed of almost half the broncos side and he made it look easy lol.

Given what was at stake, perhaps the greatest try in rugby league history?

I think it’s got a seat at the table! Yep.

Words escaped him, a high like that. He played badly injured as we know. He wasn’t entitled to score it, but the footy Gods did declare him a Saint, just to keep the game on foot. Wow!

And Dane is coming back, well he’s coming back into a different world from when he left.

There’s no beers and skittles now, no juvenile or frat-boy shite.

The whole club has moved beyond a perpetual screening of Porkys or Fast and Furious.

It’s a machine now, the system dominates everything and anyone. Even Ivan is at its mercy!

It’s like AI of the footy world. The club just keeps learning and improving and building. Good juniors and astute buys, sound disposal of excess talent. Hums along.

Who cares who leaves when the tsunami of professionalism just keeps pushing you into shore?

Bulldogs Schmulldogs.

World club championship? still a pre season tryout to me!

No phin jokes at the Penrith Annual Ball!

Smug has reached new levels of thickness.

What an era!

7 gf appearances is foretold, so 3 left.

I get around the LU forums, it’s counter-intuitive I know, but you have a lot of quiet friends and well wishers at the eels and tigers forums. Not when we meet, but you get my drift.

A lot of us will follow smug for WCC.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Couldn’t wait to move away from that shithole huh?
I hope you didn’t take your learned habits with you.
Well of course I am jealous of the Penrith Panthers Football Clubs’ success.
Doesn’t mean I can’t laugh at you inbred trash who fell arse backwards into i
Frustrated Listen To Me GIF by ALLBLK

MugaB

Coach
Jeez, I thought we’d all made up after the grand final joy.

Just imagine being Nate after that last try, just for a moment, think of making history.

Sliced through 5 attempted tackles, step, angle, mm perfect, disposed of almost half the broncos side and he made it look easy lol.

Given what was at stake, perhaps the greatest try in rugby league history?

I think it’s got a seat at the table! Yep.

Words escaped him, a high like that. He played badly injured as we know. He wasn’t entitled to score it, but the footy Gods did declare him a Saint, just to keep the game on foot. Wow!

And Dane is coming back, well he’s coming back into a different world from when he left.

There’s no beers and skittles now, no juvenile or frat-boy shite.

The whole club has moved beyond a perpetual screening of Porkys or Fast and Furious.

It’s a machine now, the system dominates everything and anyone. Even Ivan is at its mercy!

It’s like AI of the footy world. The club just keeps learning and improving and building. Good juniors and astute buys, sound disposal of excess talent. Hums along.

Who cares who leaves when the tsunami of professionalism just keeps pushing you into shore?

Bulldogs Schmulldogs.

World club championship? still a pre season tryout to me!

No phin jokes at the Penrith Annual Ball!

Smug has reached new levels of thickness.

What an era!

7 gf appearances is foretold, so 3 left.

I get around the LU forums, it’s counter-intuitive I know, but you have a lot of quiet friends and well wishers at the eels and tigers forums. Not when we meet, but you get my drift.

A lot of us will follow smug for WCC.
5595.jpg
You mean this one right?

murraymob

Coach
The game will be interesting Wigan has lost some players from there winning team
I think our forwards up the middle will get us home

Talking about rubbing one out; @blue bags you have mentioned this game might be at Vegas or Wembley. I haven’t seen anything written about that. Do you have inside info, or are you just teasing the northern hemisphere diaspora?