What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

21 best metal albums of the 21st century...so far

Eelementary

Post Whore
I agree that Burzum was better in the 90's, but I'd take any of their 2000-onwards workings over anything Slipknot tbh.

Dream Theater are one of the few bands that don't have a poor album, and that even their weakest album (in my opinion Octavarium) is better than most...

I'm still whirling Black Clouds & Silver Lining and it is growing on me very well

I personally preferred Octavarium over Falling Into Infinity, but I still damn love those albums.

Frailty

First Grade
I personally preferred Octavarium over Falling Into Infinity, but I still damn love those albums.

Falling Into Infinity is superior to me for two reasons:

i. Trial Of Tears is an amazing song
ii. Walk Beside You is possibly the worst Dream Theater songs written... Good perhaps for U2, but not a Dream Theater quality song.

Falling Into Infinity is superior to me for two reasons:

i. Trial Of Tears is an amazing song
ii. Walk Beside You is possibly the worst Dream Theater songs written... Good perhaps for U2, but not a Dream Theater quality song.

Lines In The Sand is another, didn't think extremely much of it at times but when I saw it live my love for it grew. And yes Walk Beside You is terrible. But Root Of All Evil/Sacrificed Sons and Panic Attack are fantastic on that album.

Most underrated DT album = When Dream And Day Unite.

Frailty

First Grade
Lines In The Sand is another, didn't think extremely much of it at times but when I saw it live my love for it grew. And yes Walk Beside You is terrible. But Root Of All Evil/Sacrificed Sons and Panic Attack are fantastic on that album.

Most underrated DT album = When Dream And Day Unite.

I most heartedly agree about When Dream and Day Unite!!! Dominici's vocals on that are brilliant for the style of that album...

The cd I love to death (although technically it is an EP) is A Change Of Seasons... It is a brilliant song!

HevyDevy

Coach
I most heartedly agree about When Dream and Day Unite!!! Dominici's vocals on that are brilliant for the style of that album...

The cd I love to death (although technically it is an EP) is A Change Of Seasons... It is a brilliant song!

A Change of Seasons may well be the greatest track ever written.

AILD

Bench
mastodons leviathan got #1....it was funny they posted ICP's Bizaar Bizaar as number 1 as a hoax :lol: people were like WTF!!!!

Dont like mastodon TBH.