What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 June expansion meeting (Predictions?)

Maximus

Coach
Dane

Bukowski

the alts

etc

Nrl needs to be national comp
Brisbane getting a team second would be. A joke etc

@final say are you going to have a sook about wb1234 lying about you? You and Matt are the only actual alts so this must be referring to you, and everyone knows this entire post is a lie.

Canard

Immortal
For mine it's more sensible to announce anything this at Game 3 in Brisbane.

Announcing an expansion team in Melbourne is going to be a damb squib.

MugaB

Coach
I don't think I've seen anyone wearing their merchandise in Logan.

Most of their support is likely to be based in Moreton Bay. Especially around Redcliffe.

We definitely need a team in southern Brisbane for people who don't like the Broncos. I've seen @Santino Pantane and @mongoose claim Broncos represent every region of Brisbane and argue there's no need for a team based south of the river.

Ironically, neither of them support the Broncos. One supports Canberra. The other supports Gold Coast. Both of those clubs are from other markets and don't represent RL fans in Brisbane.

If they aren't willing to support the Broncos then what gives them the right to tell other RL fans in Brisbane to do so?

I grew up in Upper Mt Gravatt and moved to Rochedale South over 20 years ago. Whatever connection the Broncos had to southern Brisbane died when they relocated back to Lang Park in 2003. I remember people from the northern suburbs whinging about having to travel to QEII Stadium to watch the Broncos between 1993 and 2003. The two sides of Brisbane have their own identity and don't like each other.
videotogif_2024.04.24_13.34.21.gif

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
People mocked me 25 years ago when I started saying that continued participation in SR would lead to a slow painful death for Australian RU. They'd totally misrepresent everything I'd say, call me a 'mungo' as if that somehow discredited me, and say things like 'look at the crowds and ratings', and just like I'm telling you now I'd say give it time, in that case a decade or two, then lets look at the metrics.

I don't expect the Dolphins to have a fall anywhere near as bad as what SR has suffered, in fact I expect, and have repeatedly stated, that they'll be bigger than the average NRL club no matter what happens (which isn't saying much frankly, but I digress), but they'll never meet the potential that existed in Brisbane, their addition is already having avoidable knock-on effects, and unless they're highly competitive on the pitch they'll suffer a significant drop-off in support over the coming decade.
I don't give two shits about RU so I can't comment on that one.

People mock you because you stubbornly stick to things that are clearly wrong.

Dolphins are clearly a well run organisation on and off the field with a history of success in the QRL. They also managed to build a formidable brand and business from the second tier and stay relevant when the RL world they were in moved on from first class RL in Brisbane to the ARL / NRL era.

Does any of this guarantee that they won't win spoons at some stage in the future? No, just ask the Broncos. But the Dolphins are a development club and if they get it right, they will have a side with a handful of locally produced Origin stars in their side perpetually moving forward which will help them grow and develop a big fan base.

The Raiders became popular in SEQ in the late 80's and early 90s (Belcher, Meninga, Walters) and the Storm in the 2000's (Slater, Folau, Inglis, Cronk, Smith) simply because of their QLD Origin stars. Dolphins will be no different other than the obvious advantage that they are a local team.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
@final say are you going to have a sook about wb1234 lying about you? You and Matt are the only actual alts so this must be referring to you, and everyone knows this entire post is a lie.

You’re making yourself looks like a fool Perth Red. The answers are in the IP addresses. I know that makes you sweat though Pommie.

Pippen94

First Grade
There are 3 of them.
They sometimes forget who they've logged in as.
I actually think its ok though. It gives them width in their own world.

Mental health issues are nothing to be sneezed at.

There's only two real posters on this forum. They run all the accounts..

Pippen94

First Grade
I don't give two shits about RU so I can't comment on that one.

People mock you because you stubbornly stick to things that are clearly wrong.

Dolphins are clearly a well run organisation on and off the field with a history of success in the QRL. They also managed to build a formidable brand and business from the second tier and stay relevant when the RL world they were in moved on from first class RL in Brisbane to the ARL / NRL era.

Does any of this guarantee that they won't win spoons at some stage in the future? No, just ask the Broncos. But the Dolphins are a development club and if they get it right, they will have a side with a handful of locally produced Origin stars in their side perpetually moving forward which will help them grow and develop a big fan base.

The Raiders became popular in SEQ in the late 80's and early 90s (Belcher, Meninga, Walters) and the Storm in the 2000's (Slater, Folau, Inglis, Cronk, Smith) simply because of their QLD Origin stars. Dolphins will be no different other than the obvious advantage that they are a local team.

Dolphins have been a disaster. Still only second strongest club in world!!

Maximus

Coach
If Matt didn't want to be immediately exposed as an alt, maybe he should have been less obvious.

Seems he's not the genius he thinks he is.

Latest posts