What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2GB - Bad behaviour claims levelled at Eels

Suitman

Post Whore
Grothes incident was still irresponsible.

It was a medical for a rep match, and he didn't turn up on time because he'd slept in after being on the piss.
Much more is required of professional footballers, no matter how much some of you try and sugar coat it.

Suity

Hellsy

Immortal
I'm not sugar coating it, but it is not an instance that has brought about a fine for bad behaviour, he slept in he f**ked up he apologised. No member of the public was involved at anytime

mickdo

Coach
Suitman said:
Grothes incident was still irresponsible.

It was a medical for a rep match, and he didn't turn up on time because he'd slept in after being on the piss.
Much more is required of professional footballers, no matter how much some of you try and sugar coat it.

Suity
Not trying to sugar coat it... but plenty seem to be blowing it way out of proportion.

Have you ever been late for work?

strider

Post Whore
and in grothey's defense he knew he was not fit and that he would not be in the team anyway - the medical was a formality required by the nswrl because they don't trust club doctors ... still, he was a bit silly for stuffing up

mickdo

Coach
Suitman said:
You wouldn't believe how well I can jump my back fence these days.

Suity
Today Tonight should cover the back while ACA does the knocking! :lol:
They aren't too clever :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
actually, part of the reason why Guru didn't turn up was he didn't think he needed to as Dr Johno had ruled him unfit to play, so it was probably more to do with his poor judgement if anything else.

Suitman

Post Whore
mickdo said:
Today Tonight should cover the back while ACA does the knocking! :lol:
They aren't too clever :D

I've got a secret access hatch into the roof area.
I've got all bases covered. ;-)

Suity

Bigfella

Coach
BTW just heard Tavita Latu brought his sentencing hearing forward this afternoon and was given 8 months weekend detention for the assault on the girl.

He has appealed, and I would strongly expect his appeal to the District Court to be successful. He should';t have to do weekends pending the appeal - which should be heard within 2 weeks.

Pretty heavy sentence for a first offense, considering the additional punishment he has been given by the NRL and sharks.

I do believe in this instance that he has actually received a heavier sentence because of who he is ... it would be very rare for a first offence of assault to receive periodic detention ... obviously it is a serious one but to get jail time first up is fairly harsh.

I don't mean to condone what he did - but in the scheme of assaults heard by the Courts I am surprised at the sentence.

Plenty of people will think it fair enough though. Not sure a District COurt judge will though.

Bigfella

Coach
The confusion has all been cleared up over this incident. It has been attributed to a small breakdown in communication.

Apparently Eels management encouraged the players to go along to mingle with the public and "meet some fans".

Jarrod wasn't concentrating, and thought they were being asked to "eat some fans".

fish eel

Immortal
Jarrod's school formal photo

dracula.jpg

Hellsy

Immortal
People on the NRL forum are calling him "Jaws Hayne" I like it!
They should have that theme song playing at the stadium

Latest posts