What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Ashes Test: Australia v England at Adelaide, Dec 2-6 2017

Eelectrica

Referee
It would have been a good call had our batting not crumbled like a deck of cards.
England scoring runs at will not helping. Also too many chances missed. Tough chances sure but gotta take them.
Ah well game on. Smithy should go with the game was the winner.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Poms favourites?

You're drunk!

It's in Australia's favour 85/15 imo. And that's being generous to England.

But that's still better than the 99/1 at the start of the innings. Or the 9'999/1 had Smith enforced the follow on.
A long way to go but a few expensive overs early and aussies will get tense and Starc looks determined to bring up a hungey with the cherry. Smith has certainly done his bit for the gate takings with his non declaration.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If Root and Waokes add 30 tomorrow without losing a wicket and bring it down to the 145-150 mark to win the Aussies will be shitting themselves.....

It's simple..... we get Root in the first hour we will win....

TheParraboy

Staff member
unless we get 2-3 wickets in the first hour it could go down to the wire

other than Anderson the other poms can get a 20-30 plus runs each

will be tough going for both sides, ending up being a great test

Rabbits20

Immortal
unless we get 2-3 wickets in the first hour it could go down to the wire

other than Anderson the other poms can get a 20-30 plus runs each

will be tough going for both sides, ending up being a great test
If we get 2 wickets in the first hour and let's say 14 overs are bowled and they add 35 runs England can't win from 6/210........

England would need to be 6/250 with Root still in at lunch to have a hope.....

We will win!!!!!!

The have Ali, Bairstow and Overton to come...... let's face it that Broad and Anderson won't survive for long...

Incorrect

Coach
Forecast for Adelaide is heavy run tending to monsoons from mid morning right through until Friday... It'll be a draw merkins.........

Just kidding!

Gonna be a riveting last day methinks, hopefully still in the balance when I get home from work for the last 2 sessions....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good to see that far f**k Saker absolve the coaching staff of all the blame for the decision to bat again.

Nicely done, and Lehman is a fat myth as well. Maybe he is stressed the poor dear and needs another holiday???

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I actually think it was the right call to bat again and give the bowlers a break....

If we had an all rounder in there he'd have enforced it....

So if he enforced the follow on and Enlagnd scored 350 odd with a Root big innings that'd leave an extremely tricky 130-140 for the Aussies to chase......
Further proof that sending them back in was the right call.

Eelectrica

Referee
So many Ifs. Had Handscombe and Marsh stuck around for longer we'd have the new ball under lights and a demoralized, tired England batting.
Can't really blame Marsh who has been our best bat so far. Need more from Handscombe though.
Our top score was 20. That's the damning stat.
Our bowlers have to re-pay Smith for being rested. Which they didn't ask for.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So many Ifs. Had Handscombe and Marsh stuck around for longer we'd have the new ball under lights and a demoralized, tired England batting.
Can't really blame Marsh who has been our best bat so far. Need more from Handscombe though.
Our cricket and tactics since we had the Poms 7 for 140 has been disgraceful.

blaza88z

Coach
I think it's a pretty simple equation, if Joe Root makes 120+, England will more than likely win

If we lose though, I can't see Handscomb being a part of the team for the remainder of the series and rightfully so, he's been a passenger so far in the first 2 games, I don't know who they replace him with but I would take anyone at this stage, he's giving us nothing as it is

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think it's a pretty simple equation, if Joe Root makes 120+, England will more than likely win

If we lose though, I can't see Handscomb being a part of the team for the remainder of the series and rightfully so, he's been a passenger so far in the first 2 games, I don't know who they replace him with but I would take anyone at this stage, he's giving us nothing as it is
Travis Head??

Tommy Smith

Referee
Handsplumb was never hanging around for long.

He's batting like a drunken mentally ill homeless man they pulled off the street and put into the Test XI.

Between Maddinson last summer and Handsplod so far this summer I'll have some anti batting stories to tell my grandkids about to go along with the great ones I can tell them about Lara, Sachin and Quiney.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Handsplumb was never hanging around for long.

He's batting like a drunken mentally ill homeless man they pulled off the street and put into the Test XI.

Between Maddinson last summer and Handsplod so far this summer I'll have some anti batting stories to tell my grandkids about to go along with the great ones I can tell them about Lara, Sachin and Quiney.
Still better than ol mates Vince and Dawid.

Bazal

Post Whore
Some will laugh, but Joe Burns wouldn't look out of place in the side IMO. Just banged 200 not and has been in good form, has 3 test hundreds as well and has batted well in the middle order at times.

A bit like Shaun Marsh he's never going to be a permanent addition but if Handscomb continues to struggle for form I don't think he'd let us down for a few tests.

Latest posts