What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2ND ASHES TEST: England v Australia at Lord's Jul 18-22, 2013

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Shits me how so often the ball lands short of the slip. I think the vast majority of slip fielders stand far too deep out of selfishness.

You've just revealed your complete and utter lack of understanding of the game of cricket. Best to just shut up from now on.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Selfishness because the deeper they stand the ones that do carry are easier to catch. While more land short. Slip fielders don't get bagged when it lands short but they do get bagged for dropped catches.

So if they're thinking about their own self interest they'll stand as far back as possible which is what they do.

What they should do is stand a fair bit closer and put themselves in a position to have a go at more chances. Far too many edges fall short of the slips. It's highly annoying.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Selfishness because the deeper they stand the ones that do carry are easier to catch. While more land short. Slip fielders don't get bagged when it lands short but they do get bagged for dropped catches.

So if they're thinking about their own self interest they'll stand as far back as possible which is what they do.

What they should do is stand a fair bit closer and put themselves in a position to have a go at more chances. Far too many edges fall short of the slips. It's highly annoying.

f**k up imbecile.

Someone

Bench

no.

you have obviously never played cricket.

quite simply, some carry and some dont.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

I already told you it is the Keeper that sets where the slips stand, so is Haddin the selfish one???

Stick to wanking off about Phil Hughes c**k.

Happy with the changes even thought i'm not sold on Usman, he is too one dimensional.

Harris was an excellent choice.

Aussies seriously need to get Trott, i can see him getting a hundred plus here.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Lol Hussain. Sticking up for his old mates. They were in and out of the team for a reason. Ramprakash averaged 27 in 52 tests, Hick 31 in 65. They were both mediocre.

Meapro Ham

Juniors

Friggen clown. If standing closer meant more catches they'd stand closer. If they stood closer they'd just end up with broken jaws and noses and shit.

Really best if you just shut up now.

Happy with the changes even thought i'm not sold on Usman, he is too one dimensional.

Harris was an excellent choice.

Aussies seriously need to get Trott, i can see him getting a hundred plus here.

1 dimension more than Cowan tbh

Khawaja needs an extended run to settle in as others have been awarded ie. Cowan.

He has the ability to be a very good 3 for us he just needs to the proper opportunity.

Pete Cash

Post Whore

Ok I know you are pretty dumb but think very hard why first slip has to position himself based on the keeper and second slip based on first and so on.

BunniesMan

Immortal
no.

you have obviously never played cricket.

quite simply, some carry and some dont.
Of course some carry and some don't, but if they were closer like they should be more would carry.
I already told you it is the Keeper that sets where the slips stand, so is Haddin the selfish one???

Stick to wanking off about Phil Hughes c**k.
I'm not having a go at these slips/keeper personally. Too many do it in many different teams. Haddin isn't selfish, he's stupid for allowing it. He should take two steps closer, so should the slips.