What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2ND ASHES TEST: England v Australia at Lord's Jul 18-22, 2013

Red Bear

Referee
Good start, I was more for Bird in the side over Harris but still glad he's there and he's bowled very well. Patto needs to get a bit of control back and he'll be right, Siddle looked decent also.

Madunit might appreciate this
[youtube]BdvNz63jTK4[/youtube]
:lol:

Meapro Ham

Juniors
I'm not saying they should stand in the batsmans pocket, but 50-100cm closer would do a great deal of good.

Dude, you can rest assured they are professional sportsmen who want to win and take as many catches as possible and are standing in the optimal position to do so.

The ball is coming at 140+ kmh. It might look easy on tv but its not. They have the tiniest fraction of a second to catch a very hard cricket ball. Wicketkeepers even standing back as far as they do with thick padded gloves still get lots of broken fingers and other hand injuries. If they stood closer they wouldn't get more catches they'd just get more injuries.

Anyway I'm glad you brought it up because now I know never to take anything you say seriously ever again.

42 in his final season for Surry and still averaged 52 with the bat.

Robert Croft only retired last season as well, also at the age of 42.

42 is a mighty fine effort and maintaining his average no less!

Hick was also the biggest under achiever Of his era. As hiney said they were mentally weak. That's what test cricket is about.

Red Bear

Referee
Nicholas you're managing to ruin London for me.

I desperately want to go and see that city one day (along with NY, it's my favourite city) but dickhead Nicholas is doing his best to turn me off the place.

43. Hick played County into his 40s aswell.
Favourite city and you've never been there :lol:

42 in his final season for Surry and still averaged 52 with the bat.

Robert Croft only retired last season as well, also at the age of 42.
His last season he only average about 30 or so IIRC and retired mid year, did his acl at the end of 2010 and never quite came back from that.

Timbo

Staff member
42 is a mighty fine effort and maintaining his average no less!

Hick was also the biggest under achiever Of his era. As hiney said they were mentally weak. That's what test cricket is about.

Hick is the leading runscorer in cricket. Like, all cricket. Ever.

I think Atherton hit the nail on the head during that first session. Hick and Ramprakash really did suffer from the chop-and-change mentality England had for so long in the 90s. They seldom got a run of more than a few matches.

If they had been perservered with consistantly I think they'd have gone much better.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Really need to be 5 down at tea, otherwise these two could bat all day. Keep it tight, and hopefully Pattinson stops bowling meat pies topped with tomato sauce!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Clarkes learned his lesson.

Patto might be getting his shit together. These last couple balls have been fantastic.

Hutty1986

Immortal
A few years ago Warney was jamming The Shermanator into his dressing room locker and giving the ginger mong wedgies. How times have changed

1 dimension more than Cowan tbh

Khawaja needs an extended run to settle in as others have been awarded ie. Cowan.

He has the ability to be a very good 3 for us he just needs to the proper opportunity.

He has 11 innings already, how many chances does he need. BTW, in his 11 innings he has a worse average and strike rate than even Cowan.

Usman has a Poultry average of only 29.2 and his strike rate is less than cowans. That alone suggest he is one dimensional. Happy to be proven wrong but i don't have great confidence in him.

Tommy Smith

Referee
LOL 11 innings.

A massive sample size indeed!

Steve Waugh was hopeless for about 30 tests ... I reckon he turned out alright.

Give the kid a real go. Not 11 innings.

BunniesMan

Immortal
What a terrible shot from the plodder. Big wack towards square leg with little apparent footwork. Straight down the throat of Khawaja. Harry Potter strikes again.

He has 11 innings already, how many chances does he need. BTW, in his 11 innings he has a worse average and strike rate than even Cowan.

Usman has a Poultry average of only 29.2 and his strike rate is less than cowans. That alone suggest he is one dimensional. Happy to be proven wrong but i don't have great confidence in him.

Easy to say he has 11 innings, they were in about 3 or 4 different test series though. England, Sri Lanka, NZ in his last and maybe South Africa where we got bowled out for 40. Albeit that was when Hussey and Ponting were in the team so it's understandable he wasn't a regular but When you're in and out of the team it's harder to settle down. Cowan has had a consistent run for 2 years and not produced consistently enough.

I'd like to see him get a settled run and then properly judge him.

Latest posts