What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2ND ASHES TEST: England v Australia at Lord's Jul 18-22, 2013

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Friggen clown. If standing closer meant more catches they'd stand closer. If they stood closer they'd just end up with broken jaws and noses and shit.

Really best if you just shut up now.
BunniesMong would have them standing just behind the edge of the pitch. It wouldn't be selfish just geniused.

Lol Hussain. Sticking up for his old mates. They were in and out of the team for a reason. Ramprakash averaged 27 in 52 tests, Hick 31 in 65. They were both mediocre.

Were you even alive when Ramprakash and Hick were playing?

Ramprakash and Hick both averaged over 50 in first class cricket ffs

Hick scored a tonne of runs and centuries in country cricket as well, may well be the highest first class run scorer or close to it

MrAnonymous

Bench
Of course some carry and some don't, but if they were closer like they should be more would carry.

I'm not having a go at these slips/keeper personally. Too many do it in many different teams. Haddin isn't selfish, he's stupid for allowing it. He should take two steps closer, so should the slips.
Just stop merkin

You have nfi

BunniesMan

Immortal
Ok I know you are pretty dumb but think very hard why first slip has to position himself based on the keeper and second slip based on first and so on.
I know they are all relative to each and why. I'm saying they should ALL move closer than they are on most pitches.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Ramprakash and Hick both averaged over 50 in first class cricket ffs

Hick scored a tonne of runs and centuries in country cricket as well, may well be the highest first class run scorer or close to it
Both scored over 100 FC hundreds, good players but i think they were mentally fragile.

Both scored over 100 FC hundreds, good players but i think they were mentally fragile.

They definitely were which was Nasser's point. They were good players who for whatever reason didn't transfer it to tests. Ed Cowan's first class average is poor unlike those two.

Don't forget in the 90's an average of 40 was the target these days it's 50

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Nice short ball, Trott has been a tinny merkin this morning.

Now he is not ready when the quick is at the top of his mark, really wish the umps would pull this time wasting merkin into line.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They definitely were which was Nasser's point. They were good players who for whatever reason didn't transfer it to tests. Ed Cowan's first class average is poor unlike those two.

Don't forget in the 90's an average of 40 was the target these days it's 50
thats true, i remember the wrap on Hick were huge. He always looked a good player but Merv and Warnie got to him in 93 and he never really recovered.

BunniesMan

Immortal
We really need a breakthrough. This is the sort of pitch you could bat all day on if you get in.

Friggen clown. If standing closer meant more catches they'd stand closer. If they stood closer they'd just end up with broken jaws and noses and shit.

Really best if you just shut up now.
I'm not saying they should stand in the batsmans pocket, but 50-100cm closer would do a great deal of good.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Good to see Agar into the attack, hopefully he can break this partnership.

Needs to bowl a touch fuller.

You do know Ramprakash was playing first class cricket in 2012? He hadn't even made his test debut when I was born.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Nicholas you're managing to ruin London for me.

I desperately want to go and see that city one day (along with NY, it's my favourite city) but dickhead Nicholas is doing his best to turn me off the place.

2012 :lol: how old is he now, 45? He was dumped permanently from England a decade ago ffs
43. Hick played County into his 40s aswell.

Latest posts