What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2ND ASHES TEST: England v Australia at Lord's Jul 18-22, 2013

lockyno1

Post Whore
I'm not doubting your facts.

Just doubting the criteria.

You don't drop someone after taking five wickets in an innings.

Happy to be wrong, and to be fair Siddle is a much more mature bowler now to what he was then, but if he doesn't bowl well I won't be happy especially when Bird is fit!

Meapro Ham

Juniors
I think they'll be looking to get Warner back in for the 3rd test. Gonna be fairly ridiculous if Khawaja gets dropped after one test for Warner but I can see it happening. Hopefully Khawaja gets enough runs to prevent it.

Happy to be wrong, and to be fair Siddle is a much more mature bowler now to what he was then, but if he doesn't bowl well I won't be happy especially when Bird is fit!

Personally I agree.

I don't really rate siddle.

He's a solid stock bowler who tries his heart out.

But long term there are better options coming through.

I think they'll be looking to get Warner back in for the 3rd test. Gonna be fairly ridiculous if Khawaja gets dropped after one test for Warner but I can see it happening. Hopefully Khawaja gets enough runs to prevent it.

From what I've heard the plan is to bring Warner back in down the order.

So smith & Hughes might need to get some runs as well.

Whatever the case , Warner has to come back in asap for mine.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Personally I agree.

I don't really rate siddle.

He's a solid stock bowler who tries his heart out.

But long term there are better options coming through.

There are a lot of quicks coming through which is a good thing actually. Just wish there was a spinner or two (I see Agar as a number 6 bat, Jadeja style in other words)

There are a lot of quicks coming through which is a good thing actually. Just wish there was a spinner or two (I see Agar as a number 6 bat, Jadeja style in other words)

As I said earlier , for a 19 yo Agar is a very good spinner.

Any teenage spinner that can take 33 wickets @ 30 has a big future in front of him.

He may well bat 6 or 7 , particularly when Watson's gone. But he'll take a heap of test wickets imo .

BunniesMan

Immortal
Very happy with the changes. Exactly the ones I called for the final night of the last test. Lehmann knows his stuff.

Now upto Clarke to get the order right. Hughes at 3, Khawaja at 4, Clarke at 5. Our 3 biggest talents should be at 3, 4 and 5. That's where the 150s and 200s get made. We need big tons and they are our best chances to get them.

Timbo

Staff member
Meanwhile in Harare, Davey Warner just got out for 6 against medium-pace pie-chucker Kyle Jarvis.

Timbo

Staff member
Tremlett! That's a bit from left field.

Presents the same problems for Hughes though, steepling bounce outside off.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
You're just a Hughes hater. Warner won't be back for the 3rd test. And especially not for our best batsman in the 1st test.

No that's right Warner won't replace Agar. But he's a big chance of replacing Hughes. It's a no brainer really. Warner stats are vastly superior than Hughes. Hughes stats are barely better than Cowan. He's definitely next on the chopping block. That's why he's at 6.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Looks like having a fantastic pitch to bat. Win the toss and you go a long way to winning.

Australia has an excellent record at Lords and teams winning the toss have an excellent record at Lords. Half way there.

BunniesMan

Immortal
No that's right Warner won't replace Agar. But he's a big chance of replacing Hughes. It's a no brainer really. Warner stats are vastly superior than Hughes. Hughes stats are barely better than Cowan. He's definitely next on the chopping block. That's why he's at 6.
He was the highest scorer in the top 6. He has 4 50s in the 8 tests he has played since getting back in the team. He isn't getting dropped anytime soon.