What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ASHES TEST: @ Lords Jun 28 - Jul 2nd, 2023

some11

Referee
OK proper rant time.

Remember when Virat Kohli, while fielding, told the Indians in the crowd to stop heckling Steve Smith? Now that was the spirit of cricket.

Five years later, these English crowds want to accuse Australia of being cheats 100 times a day, publicly make fun of Steve Smith's mental health, and Stuart Broad and the English team have hyped up the crowd and played off it. Then the MCC members, who write the rules of the game, abuse the Aussies for playing within said rules. Peak irony. Where are the strong words from McCullum and Stokes coming out against the MCC members?

They are more than happy to have the "laws of the game" apply to them when it suits but play the gate-keeping moral high-ground when it goes against them.

To then double-down on it and accuse Australia of not playing in the spirit of the game when the heat of the event has died down shows mental fragility and poor sportsmanship.

These blokes admitted to ball tampering with cough lollies and sunscreen the entire 2005 Ashes series and got Knighted for it. The Aussies copped the biggest suspensions for tampering in the history of the game, took their medicine, and they aren't willing to forgive or forget.

Remember when before the series, Broad came out and said the previous Ashes series loss felt "void" because of the bubble/isolation requirements? Then they "felt like they won" the first test? Now they are complaining about 1 wicket in a match where they won the toss, sent us in to bowl under cloudy conditions, conceded 400, then got to bat in bright sunshine and threw all their wickets away when in a dominant position?

We haven't won there in 22 years, they move to all out aggression and are now 2-0 down in the series.

Perhaps they should start looking within.
You're not allowed to be objective when talking about england.

Everything must be viewed through the lense of the dickhead running the joint.

Sphagnum

Coach
Great Ashes theatre. Just another in a long list of reasons why Test Cricket is the best and letting a bunch of short sighted greedy merkins ruin it for that awful twenty/20 nonsense will be an absolute tragedy. 2 tests down and all three results on the table at the start of day 5 in both games. The best.
I said Best too many times and now look what Freddy the f**king embarrassing simpleton has done…

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I heard reports that some of the abuse from the Lord's members wear partially racist
Disgraceful if true

Ive heard the MCC have issued an apology but said at the time there was no need for a suspension. Now they said they have suspended those members. If the racist remarks are true, their membership should be revoked. I remember going to Lords many years ago and they were quite strong on kicking people out, also banning people for racist comments. I saw one guy get kicked out but laughed about it whilst getting kicked out. It doesnt seem like the behaviour of those fans have changed.

Ive been to the long room at the MCG a few times during cricket and I try and stay calm if something exciting happens as I worry security is going to kick me out lol

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
This clown must think that any publicity is better than none, he's getting absolutely flamed in the comments

Latest posts