What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ASHES TEST: @ Lords Jun 28 - Jul 2nd, 2023

Fangs

Coach
good win for Australia considering that they had a front line bowler out for the whole second innings and half the first

He cops a bit at times but its tough for any team to lose their spinner in the 4th innings, even if its only Moeen Ali.

Murphy will get a run and will get tonked, its the English way. Hope he doesn't lose his cool too fast and grabs some wickets.

JJ

Immortal
On the other hand I thought Bairstow ruling was fine. The ball was absolutely live, he sighted it and made a decision then had a huge brain fade. If that was an off-spinner and short leg threw down the stumps there would be no argument.

Starc likewise. Different scenario but it was a brain fade from an experienced player.
I think that's it - both decisions were fine, Aussies had a tanty over the first, Poms over the second... ideally neither would have happened, but they did, and the correct decisions were made by big Marais - Australia deservedly won, and of course everything is better when you win...

Baz will be happy that his lads entertained, and he can wank on about the spirit of the game which he suddenly discovered and embraced right at the end of his playing career

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Report: Have A Sook You Bloated Old Pommie f**khead

A report commissioned by the nation’s peak scientific body has found that the bloated old Pommie f**kheads in the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) that abused members of the Australian cricket team in their fancy room can have a f**king sook.

Earlier this morning local time, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) published the short study which has since been ironically criticised by the MCC as being “classless”.

Speaking to The Advocate today, Professor Glen Rutman from the CSIRO explained that Alex Carey did nothing wrong and poor man’s James Graham needs to learn to ground his bat before he goes for a stroll up the wicket.

“Those old Poms in the long room at Lords, where do I even start,” he said.

“Imagine getting abused by some red-faced old goon that’s one big sneeze away from a stroke. They can go have a sook. It’s not like England are the moral high ground when it comes to everything. Stuart Broad embraces being called a cheat. If anyone on that team has earned the right to sling mud, it’s that Ben Stokes. He just said it wasn’t on but who cares,”

“He’s a Kiwi Gemini. He is a sook but he’s a tough sook. Mate, the Poms can learn a thing or two from Big Ben. Without him, they’d just be a Tongue and a Root.”

The Advocate reached out to the MCC for comment but they’re sleeping.

More to come.
he is indeed a tough sook

Fangs

Coach
I think that's it - both decisions were fine, Aussies had a tanty over the first, Poms over the second... ideally neither would have happened, but they did, and the correct decisions were made by big Marais - Australia won, and of course everything is better - Baz will be happy that his lads entertained, and he can wank on about the spirit of the game which he suddenly discovered and embraced right at the end of his playing career

If the English do truly care about the spirit of the game then they will set the standard in the next three tests. I have a feeling their level of play with devolve.

yobbo84

First Grade
If the English do truly care about the spirit of the game then they will set the standard in the next three tests. I have a feeling their level of play with devolve.
They've talked themselves into a corner now. If they stayed quiet, they could've pulled out a mankad or something in the 3rd test and Australia wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Anything they do now they're hypocrites.

gUt

Coach
They've talked themselves into a corner now. If they stayed quiet, they could've pulled out a mankad or something in the 3rd test and Australia wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Anything they do now they're hypocrites.

They're also going to cop it deluxe next time they come here

Latest posts