What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd biggest band ever?

ledzep

Bench
the beatles were obviously the biggest group of all time
i want to find out who was the second biggest
im thinking it is between the stones and led zeppelin
can anyone lend me some insight?

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I would say the Stones, especially based on the fact that they are still going.

How do you define biggest, though? Most albums sold? Selling out stadiums? Most influential?

Too hard to judge, IMO.

nöyd

Staff member
KISS are the second biggest record sellers behind the Beatles, so they have a legitimate claim :?:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Stones.

Influence, records released,album sales and just the fact that they are still going when most would be sipping tea and wearing slippers non stop.

bomberman

Juniors
Considering that the Bealtes themselves were influenced by the Beach Boys and have admitted Brian Wilson was ahead of everyone, then the Beatles are actually 2nd behind Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys.

Dread

Juniors
Considering that the Bealtes themselves were influenced by the Beach Boys and have admitted Brian Wilson was ahead of everyone, then the Beatles are actually 2nd behind Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys.

Considering that the Beatles were a helluva lot more popular than the Beach Boys, they are obviously first.

Ari Gold

Bench
it really depends on how you would judge how big a band is:

so if your looking at:

talent - its zeppelin

image - its kiss

influence - its metallica

album sales - its the rolling stones

fat_mike

Juniors
"influence - its metallica"

no way, without bands like black sabbath, led zep and deep purple then you wouldnt have metallica.

Balmain_Boy

bomberman said:

Considering that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard...