What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v West Indies D/N @ Gabba Jan 25-27, 2024

Usman is one those players we will look back and go did CA really get everything possible out of. We backed Warner through hell or high water especially when on the road. Yet we tossed Khawaja to the curb at the first convenience every time.

71 tests he has played in his career but since his debut he hasn't played in 64 tests. So he has really only played in just a touch over 50% of tests for Australia since his debut.

So really he should have been a 100+ test player. Considering the shit we have put out there ahead of him in the past decade.
It’s a strange one, usually when a player doesn’t get the career they probably should (in any sport) it often can be personal reasons, however Uzzy seems beloved by the playing group. Not sure what actually happened there, I remember him being regarded as the heir apparent to Punter when he came through with a group of prospects for nsw (Hughes, Warner, Moises, Smith, Cummins). Obvious among those names there was a great variance of results.

some11

Referee
Stupid declaration in hindsight. No storms rolling through and we're being cooked by the heat+humidity.

some11

Referee
Must be hot in Brisbane today.

Just the vibe I am getting off the commentary.
The heat index temp was 45 degrees at start of play. Just for reference it still felt like 33 degrees at 11pm last night and it'll be the same tonight.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Stupid declaration in hindsight. No storms rolling through and we're being cooked by the heat+humidity.
How many more would we have got.

Haze is basically a standard number 11.

We got a wicket last night which justified the declaration I felt.

If we were 7 or 8 down I would have questioned it more.

22 runs behind isn't insurmountable against a club team.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Tongue Goat GIF

Chins get the wins

First Grade
How many more would we have got.

Haze is basically a standard number 11.

We got a wicket last night which justified the declaration I felt.

If we were 7 or 8 down I would have questioned it more.

22 runs behind isn't insurmountable against a club team.
Smith takes the catch last night and we are flying. Was a good call

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Day night tests might be great for tV ratings but the pink ball deteriorates into a soft seamless scrap pretty quick.