What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia @ Hagley Oval Christchurch Mar 8-12, 2024

JJ

Immortal
Look at Williamson's splits against Oz Eng and India. He averages in the mid30s. Not even close to GOAT and the debate between him and Crowe is actually still quite close.
I don't think it's that close tbh, Crowe's records against India and England are similar, he played much better Windies sides, and much worse Aust ones, and and RSA was only there at the end... Plus he batted 4 often behind Reid or Jones) Really an issue of second with Crowe, Dempster, Donnelly, Turner, Sutcliffe and Reid as a dark horse - huge fan of Crowe here for the record

edabomb

First Grade
I don't think it's that close tbh, Crowe's records against India and England are similar, he played much better Windies sides, and much worse Aust ones, and and RSA was only there at the end... Plus he batted 4 often behind Reid or Jones) Really an issue of second with Crowe, Dempster, Donnelly, Turner, Sutcliffe and Reid as a dark horse - huge fan of Crowe here for the record
Australia still had a pretty fair attack - I think their batting was their weak point through the 80s.

Williamson is going to get the nod over Crowe on sheer numbers in the same way Latham does over Wright. Peak for peak I'd give Crowe the nod based on tougher opposition and how he stood out over his contemporaries.

image-jpeg.7485

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Australia still had a pretty fair attack - I think their batting was their weak point through the 80s.

Williamson is going to get the nod over Crowe on share numbers in the same way Latham does over Wright. Peak for peak I'd give Crowe the nod based on tougher opposition and how he stood out over his contemporaries.

image-jpeg.7485
interesting, WIlliamson has had a fair period of dominance too... I love them both of course, if I could bat like anyone it would be Crowe though, his style was second to none... No way I have Latham ahead of Wright

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Is there a better fast bowler in the world than Haze atm?? And to think 12 months ago people were pushing Boland ahead of him. Laughable.

JJ

Immortal
Is there a better fast bowler in the world than Haze atm?? And to think 12 months ago people were pushing Boland ahead of him. Laughable.
Yes - Cummins

There aren't conditions that exist that allow us to match up with you tbh, and it's all about your attack - tbh I don't think there's much between the two batting line-ups, but your attack is all time, and ours is, well, very mediocre

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yes - Cummins

There aren't conditions that exist that allow us to match up with you tbh, and it's all about your attack - tbh I don't think there's much between the two batting line-ups, but your attack is all time, and ours is, well, very mediocre
Cummins has been outbowled by Haze all summer, If Haze had of stayed fit the last few years would have continued to do so. Both world class who get another inconsistent lefty a bag of wickets.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yes - Cummins

Might be time to produce a highway like the WACA in 2015 where Ross Taylor scored 270 and the Kiwis got 600+.

You cant lose test matches scoring 600.

JJ

Immortal
Cummins has been outbowled by Haze all summer, If Haze had of stayed fit the last few years would have continued to do so. Both world class who get another inconsistent lefty a bag of wickets.
there's an Indian or two around that are pretty good as well, but your attack is special (as is the current Indian one, which is why you're the two best sides) - obviously people will say Warne, McGrath, Gillespie and Lee (and I'd agree, that's there with the great Windies 4-somes as the best I've seen) - but this one's right there or thereabouts too

King-Gutho94

Coach
there's an Indian or two around that are pretty good as well, but your attack is special (as is the current Indian one, which is why you're the two best sides) - obviously people will say Warne, McGrath, Gillespie and Lee (and I'd agree, that's there with the great Windies 4-somes as the best I've seen) - but this one's right there or thereabouts too
Well the quartet have never won a test series on the road when playing together. Quite incredible really

Pakistan in 2022 - Haze was dropped after the drawn 1st test and didnt play the rest of the series. Swepson came in for the final 2 games which we won.

We haven't won another series on the road since NZ - 2016 - Starc & Cummins weren't there.

Haze didnt even play in the WTC Final.

Latest posts