What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

Peter C

Juniors
How was that fool ringing in today about the kids from Epping boys jigging sport and smoking in the local parks...lmao..."They should be playing sport!!!"

*I know....I'll ring talkinsport...they'll fix it!!*

Yeah, I heard that as well, rivetting radio ,but who really gives a toss.
Another idiot rang up the other day and waffled on about his brainstorm of an idea of introducing a League Olympics for all the players to showcase their athletic skills, he reckoned it would be a massive hit in the western suburbs.
Now I don't live in the western suburbs, but are people who live out there devoid of other forms of entertainment, that they would have to resort to footballers participating in olympic style events?

Ferryman

Juniors
This has been a thoroughly entertaining thread. As a listener from the very start, your observations are making me think there are like-minded rugby league fans out there.

Sometimes I listen just to have a laugh. Sometimes I don't listen because of the frustration they give me. But surely someone, anyone, has to pull Gavin aside and say, mate have an opinion and express it clearly or get off the program. One of the great positives of the show is when Gavin takes responsibility to say hello to the caller, then wishes them a good day at the end of their call, but never makes a sound during the body of the call....maybe HE knows his rightful place! Be it, somewhat....lol

Mr Saab

Referee
Thats not a positive with him saying hello. Him not being there at all would be a positive....just like when he dissapeared for 2 yrs or so back in 2005 or 6.
He kills whatever serious league talk there is with his inane useless pathetic comments.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
I heard it again last week when a caller asked Hughes about events in various games from the weekend before, but Hughes said "I didn't see that game".you would think he would watch every game.

Mr Saab

Referee
I heard it again last week when a caller asked Hughes about events in various games from the weekend before, but Hughes said "I didn't see that game".you would think he would watch every game.

Thats a common them from Hughes. Tunks knows what happens though

Eion

First Grade
I don't have fox and it's not my job to sit on my fat arse and catch up on sport and yet I still see more footy than 'heaps'.

His only interest in the game is pre 1990 / the dogs and hating david gallop.

W.Smith

Juniors
as i walked thru the turnstiles at Kogarah yesty i was beside this skinny bloke dressed in Souths gear with long shorts to his knees and faded 80's Souths socks pulled up to his knees and then i heard him talk !!! - im positive it was Darren and he sounded 110% like Darren the Souths supporter who calls the show and he looked EXACTLY as i xpected him to

Ferryman

Juniors
Just heard Graeme and Gavin say that the Sea Eagles v Roosters game was on Channel 9....are they not watching the games??!!

innsaneink

Referee
as i walked thru the turnstiles at Kogarah yesty i was beside this skinny bloke dressed in Souths gear with long shorts to his knees and faded 80's Souths socks pulled up to his knees and then i heard him talk !!! - im positive it was Darren and he sounded 110% like Darren the Souths supporter who calls the show and he looked EXACTLY as i xpected him to
Did he look like this?
FrankWoodley2008.jpg

Bruiser i think his name always talks about the GPs rang today talking bikes....
Graeme goes: "Oh yeah thats right Valentino Rossi led for a few laps didnt he...." and bruiser goes: "No....no he didnt lead at any stage." :lol:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I heard that....i dont know what research they do.

tbh i have suspected for a while that graeme doesn't watch many games. The number times he says i didn't see the incident does not fit the profile of a rugby league pundit/talk show presenter

W.Smith

Juniors
Just heard Graeme and Gavin say that the Sea Eagles v Roosters game was on Channel 9....are they not watching the games??!!

and Robbo backed Graeme up and evn sed "yep, 4pm on delay yesterday" when Heaps sed it was the channel 9 game :lol:

oh, and Greame "didnt watch the Souths/Saints game"

Brutus

Referee
Graeme is a disgrace with the amount of games he doesn't watch. All gavin watches is the wests tigers highlights on the news.Robertson has no interest in rugby league whatsoever.

Thank god for Tunks who watches all games and attends many live at the ground.