What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 Today

3 - Maloney
2 - Fish
1 - Brown

Happy with the pts and would only like to see Heremaia swapped for Mara but the rest deserve another go at it.

armchaircritic

Juniors
3: Fish - Had a great game. x2 tries & another couple of good runs.
2: Brown - Made good metres. Looks good out on the left edge.
1: Lillyman - Thought he started the match well. Lots of strong runs.

I also thought Mannering played well. Kept Gallen in check for most of the game + set up the first try.

Micistm

Bench
Maloney Brown Fish.

Well done to the guys, pleased for them, and for Cleary who's changes paid off.
Not nearly good enough yet, still quite a bit of work and gelling to do, but there's glimpses there, and it was fun to watch. I enjoyed watching today.

MKEB...

Staff member
3. maloney
2. Fish
1. lillyman

Methinks Hohaia may have seen his last first grade match in FB.

Micistm

Bench
Points of note: So pleased for the Fish, came back with a solid game after a horror debut. Stoked for the young fella.
Inu is making me eat my words, I didn't like his signing and he's proved me wrong. Good on 'em

Maloney
Taii
Fish

Looks like we havent been confident all year, once we hit the lead the confidence came and we went on with the job. Great to see

Meth

Staff member
3- Brown
2- Fisiiahi
1- Lillyman

Special mention to Mannering and Tupou for solid games as well

Rich102

Staff member
3. Starfish!
2. Maloney.
1. Brown.

What was the point of having Locke on the bench and bringing him on after 59 minutes?

Thought Taylor, Mannering & Luck defended well.

Meth

Staff member
What was the point of having Locke on the bench and bringing him on after 59 minutes

No point

And Heremaia, aside from his awesome run to nearly set up Inu, was crap again.

Mara to replace Locke on the bench for next week please

NZ Warrior

First Grade
3. Starfish!
2. Maloney.
1. Brown.

What was the point of having Locke on the bench and bringing him on after 59 minutes?

Thought Taylor, Mannering & Luck defended well.

Yep, I second these points. Maloney was awesome, but Fish deserves the 3 for his two tries. Brown was everywhere and always punched holes in the line.

Luck & Mannering just miss out on points, they had great games too.

Micistm

Bench
3. Starfish!
2. Maloney.
1. Brown.

IMO the Locke thing was insurance...I reckon Ives was covering himself in case Fish didn't cope...to drop Inu to FB and Locke to his wing.
Fish did good though, and I was off the couch when he got try #1. So stoked after his bad start, should do his confidence no end.
Tai was great in the side too, great passion and omph:)

kos

Juniors
Locke was cover in case one of the backs got injured.
Normally 3 forward reserves and 1 back reserve.
How did people think Berrigan went in the centres? I would like to see Inu playing outside Mateo -they seem to know each others game and have an intuition. Mateo will improve too.

Izz

Bench
3 - Fish
2 - Maloney
1 - Mannering

Nice to see some long passes, too. Mateo made a couple errors, but i think he'll go well at 6.

Thought Berrigan went okay. Couple times he ducked back infield for no particular reason. Didn't think Heremaia was terrible. Better than last week, anyway. Taylor went well too. Played with a lot more authority than you'd expect a kid making his first-grade debut. We need more talkers in the team.

Couple 50-50s went our way, which was a nice change.

Gallen's a helluva player, but man, what a whiner!

3- Brown
2- Fisiiahi
1- Ta'ai

Will take the win, but plenty to improve on, missed tackles looked bad due to Gardner weaving around.
Mateo is def our new rocks or diamonds player.
Great to see Fish score a double.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3- Mannering. Find it strange he didn't get more votes - outstanding pass for the opener and huge on D all game, shut down Gallen expertly.
2- Fishiahi. Popped up in all the right places. Love that from a fullback.
1- Brown. For me he sets the tone with his runs - so often we get momentum on the back of one of his nuggety runs. Awesome.

Maloney again a 100% effort man, thought Lillyman stepped up as well.

worier

Juniors
3 Lillyman
2 Fish
1 Maloney

Lillyman for mine had an outstanding game we were rolling them untill he went off.