What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 Today

JoeD

First Grade
His discipline needs work
Really? I don't recall him giving away dumb penalties, in fact another forward with his mongrel would be great. He's definitely one piece of the puzzle that had been missing in the first 3 games.

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
Finding it hard to see how so many thought Maloney was in our top 3.

3 Mannering
2 Fisiiahi
1 Brown

- Can't remember seeing Lillyman having a better game in a Warriors jersey and even though Mateo made a few mistakes, thought as long as he learns to pick his offloads, he's gonna have a massive year. Our forwards did really well today against a big Cronulla pack. Loved watching the game.

How good is Gardner!?

Izz

Bench
Finding it hard to see how so many thought Maloney was in our top 3.

3 Mannering
2 Fisiiahi
1 Brown

- Can't remember seeing Lillyman having a better game in a Warriors jersey and even though Mateo made a few mistakes, thought as long as he learns to pick his offloads, he's gonna have a massive year. Our forwards did really well today against a big Cronulla pack. Loved watching the game.

How good is Gardner!?
Phenomenal.

I cracked up when he got munted in that tackle and McIvor and Halligan didn't show any concern, just started talking about skiing.

Meth

Staff member
Mannering was massive!

re Inu. I am a hater, but I thought there was more diamonds than rocks yesterday.

Noa

First Grade
Inu loooked really smart once he went to center. I thought at the start of the year thats where he would be playing and after yesterday Id stick with him. Not enough speed for wing these days and he was very good in the centers in Parras 09 run to the GF.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Inu loooked really smart once he went to center. I thought at the start of the year thats where he would be playing and after yesterday Id stick with him. Not enough speed for wing these days and he was very good in the centers in Parras 09 run to the GF.

When Manu comes back, I reckon we want Inu & Mannering in #3 & #4 and Berrigan in #9.

One Warrior

Bench
3. Brown.
2. Fisiiahi
1. Inu

Mannering, Lillyman and Maloney also deserved points, good debut from Taylor, Herimud must go to Vulcans and bring Mara in. Stick with Mateo at 6 until Johnson is fit.

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
Stick with Mateo at 6 until Johnson is fit.

Mateo should definitely stay at 6. He doesn't get his hands on the ball/as many opportunities when he's not first or second receiver so putting him back to the second row is likely to limit his effectiveness. Hence why I rekon we leave him at number 6 until he himself loses the right to play standoff rather until Johnson or Godinet impresses enough to play 7. It also frees up space for Ta'ai and Brown to start in the second row and strenghthens our flank with Mannering in the centre spot.

Micistm

Bench
The fact so many are argueing over who was our best, rather than worst which was the case in the first three weeks, is a good sign IMO. Still lots of areas to improve for sure, but massive improvement on weeks 1-3.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Ta'ai is awesome.

He is...reckon he tried too hard on Sunday though. And we didn't harness him right - very seldomly ran from deep - and when he did he caused major issues. I want to see him in the 17 every week, to coin a sales term his growth potential is huge.

Rich102

Staff member
28 voters this week. A great turnout.

1. Fish 54
2. Brown 37
3. Maloney 34
4. Mannering 19
5= Lillyman 10
5= Inu 10
7. Ta'ai 3
8. Packer 1

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
nope, Maloney is a better 6, we need a decent halfback.

Agreed a better halfback is what we need but right now unfortunately we don't have a tried and tested first grade half to do the job. My reason for Mateo to be number 6 for an extended period is how much more influence he has on the game with the ball in hand. In the first 3 games playing back row that wasn't happening and he did jack shi*. Unless he can play 11-13 and can get his hands on the ball as much as he did last Sunday, then his place is 6.

hitman82

Bench
Mateo was actually awesome in Round 3.

But I agree he looks good in the number 6 jersey.

When Johnson / Godinet / Seymour come into the halves, Mateo can fit back into the second row. With Fish in the team I think his offloading will be far more effective.