What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 V boncos

wibble

Bench
3. Graham
2. Stapleton - makes nearly 300 m (in 2 plays mostly...) and still can't get my 3. But agreat game from him.
1. Ross.
Could easily be Gibbs, De Gois, Smith, Pomeroy- plenty of good ones again.

Special K

Coach
I haven't worked out how to do that from a phone yet

:lol:Same here.. BS you are up!

3 - graham
2 - stapleton
1 - Gibbs/Smith

Stapleton well done. I can't remember the last 90m + try we scored let alone intercept from over 50 out which was turned into a try. Wright is also quietly becoming safe as houses back there.

Eion

First Grade
Wade 3
Staph 2
Gibbs 1

Enjoyable game. Take note 9 you don't have to show the dragons tigers eels every week

wibble

Bench
Yep. He is also starting to sniff and run good lines in attack, just wish he had more pace.

He is trying, but his pace means his support play is not very constructive. But he went allright. Gordon wasn't great, but Stapleton, Best and Pomeroy had crackers, and Wright OK. Our backline looked quite decent.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
:lol:Same here.. BS you are up!

3 - graham
2 - stapleton
1 - Gibbs/Smith

Stapleton well done. I can't remember the last 90m + try we scored let alone intercept from over 50 out which was turned into a try. Wright is also quietly becoming safe as houses back there.

Yep. He is also starting to sniff and run good lines in attack, just wish he had more pace.

He is trying, but his pace means his support play is not very constructive. But he went allright. Gordon wasn't great, but Stapleton, Best and Pomeroy had crackers, and Wright OK. Our backline looked quite decent.

I would argue that Wright has always been safe. The kid only averages .5 of a handling error per game. He averages 130 metres a game. His missed tackle average is only 1 a game.

So statistically he spits in the face of his doubters.

The thing that is most noticible about Wright though is how superior his positional play is in comparison to that other fullback people dote over. That bloke would not of been under the posts for the banana kick last night like Wright was.

Until I see Wright in the clear I won't be convinced he is slow either. Just as I wasn't convinced Stapo was slow.

Craigshark

First Grade
Wright also does a lot of the hard yards carting it up from our line on the first and second tackles into the meat of the other teams forwards.. He might not be quick, but he's definately tough.

PR_SHARK

Juniors
3 - Graham
2 - Stapleton
1 - de Gois

Stapleton almost unlucky not to get 3, but that's how good Wade was. de Gois gets 1 because we were going forward very quickly when he was on in the 1st 20 mins, and you could tell it was because of him.

Madsharkie

First Grade
3 - Graham
2 - Stapleton
1 - de Gois

Stapleton almost unlucky not to get 3, but that's how good Wade was. de Gois gets 1 because we were going forward very quickly when he was on in the 1st 20 mins, and you could tell it was because of him.

X2
Loved watching Stapo run the length, and the cheeky salute to the crowd before he scored. Fug I gave it to the donkeys whingers around me then!

Frailty

First Grade
3. Graham
2. Stapo
1. Rest of the team... Except Friz... Kicking the ball forward in the scrum cost him 1 point!

Good game!

wibble

Bench
I would argue that Wright has always been safe. The kid only averages .5 of a handling error per game. He averages 130 metres a game. His missed tackle average is only 1 a game.

So statistically he spits in the face of his doubters.

The thing that is most noticible about Wright though is how superior his positional play is in comparison to that other fullback people dote over. That bloke would not of been under the posts for the banana kick last night like Wright was.

Until I see Wright in the clear I won't be convinced he is slow either. Just as I wasn't convinced Stapo was slow.

I agree that Wright is safe, and his positional play is sound, but he struggles to get involved in attack. He was better at that last night, and is improving.

He might be quick over 90m, like Stapleton, but he clearly doesn't have explosive speed off the mark. I'm certain he was faster over 20m as a young centre (he seemed as fast as Paris, even though he was made to bulk up and got slower), so I'm not sure why we haven't seen any explosive runs from him.

But like all the backs, he is a work in progress, and he is improving. We can't have stars in every position, and I'm happy with them all if they play like last night. We've been down on our backs but if they play as a whole like they did last night, our only real concern left is the low impact of our bench rotation.

I agree that Wright is safe, and his positional play is sound, but he struggles to get involved in attack. He was better at that last night, and is improving.

He might be quick over 90m, like Stapleton, but he clearly doesn't have explosive speed off the mark. I'm certain he was faster over 20m as a young centre (he seemed as fast as Paris, even though he was made to bulk up and got slower), so I'm not sure why we haven't seen any explosive runs from him.

But like all the backs, he is a work in progress, and he is improving. We can't have stars in every position, and I'm happy with them all if they play like last night. We've been down on our backs but if they play as a whole like they did last night, our only real concern left is the low impact of our bench rotation.

Our back 5 stood up and showed that getting to the position on the ladder that we currently are was no fluke!
With Ike probably being the quietest, the rest had excellent games!
Keep playing with the committment and resolve that they have(barring injury) and it would be hard to find a position atm for the likes of M Gordon, let alone Millsy!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Our back 5 stood up and showed that getting to the position on the ladder that we currently are was no fluke!
With Ike probably being the quietest, the rest had excellent games!
Keep playing with the committment and resolve that they have(barring injury) and it would be hard to find a position atm for the likes of M Gordon, let alone Millsy!

Or Gardner

Latest posts