What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Bunnies

Martli

Coach
3 Tate
2 Seymour
1 Mannerng

Ropati had a good game but too many errors for me to give him points.

Rovelli

Bench
Slight variation from Martli here:

3 - Seymour - I don't think it was a super-duper performance, but he was the best of our lot today. Some great kicks today, and also made some strong tackles too.

2 - Tate - Hungry for work after the State of Origin snub, it was clear to see. That late knock-on coming out of defence, and a miss on Best blighted his game a little.

1 - Mannering - We're now 3-0 in games where he has started. Overrated by some, I feel he is underrated. A true workhorse, an 80-minute player, and he's got a lot (more) to give this season.

Honourable Mention: Locke looked more likely today than he has so far this season. Made a searing break in the opening minutes, and then made a couple of real try-savers, especially on Rhys Lightning late when he looked certain to score.

3- Tate, seriously wanted to show SOO selectors something, great metres out of dummy half
2- Seymour, got the ball on a string for Tators try.
1- Hohia, good game for his 150th, had to fill in for Maloney for most of game as well.

Hon mention to Locke, who seems to be smiling and enjoying himself, and Ropo who has a cracker up his ass since Inu signed.

But can someone please take Hendersons kicking licence off him!

Last edited:

JoeD

First Grade
I haven't watched the replay yet but I don't get all the praise for Seymore. At the game I was wondering if he had also been injured because he barely took a kick in the second half with Lance and bonehead trying to do too much as usual.

Meth

Staff member
I haven't watched the replay yet but I don't get all the praise for Seymore. At the game I was wondering if he had also been injured because he barely took a kick in the second half with Lance and bonehead trying to do too much as usual.

Watch the replay

But I take your point re the kicking though- we have several better candidates than Henderson. I don't know why we use him.

hitman82

Bench
Maybe Henderson went looking for the ball when Hohaia was dropping back on the last? Or maybe Henderson is just a nutcase who wanted a shot at glory in the absence of a real 6? I'm sure we didn't approach that game with him in mind for kicking.
In the second half it was pretty easy for the Bunnies to pressure Seymour when they knew he would be the 1st option every 5th tackle - hence why he went a bit quiet.

3. Ropati - I don't care that he made 2 mistakes (though I swore at the time). Ropati scored 2 tries, made almost twice as many runs as anyone else, and make some great covering tackles. Remove him and we lose.

2. Seymour - was awesome until he lost his halves partner. Our composure is so so so much better with Brett on the field.

3. Tate... Taai

Rich102

Staff member
Maybe Henderson went looking for the ball when Hohaia was dropping back on the last? Or maybe Henderson is just a nutcase who wanted a shot at glory in the absence of a real 6? I'm sure we didn't approach that game with him in mind for kicking.
In the second half it was pretty easy for the Bunnies to pressure Seymour when they knew he would be the 1st option every 5th tackle - hence why he went a bit quiet.

3. Ropati - I don't care that he made 2 mistakes (though I swore at the time). Ropati scored 2 tries, made almost twice as many runs as anyone else, and make some great covering tackles. Remove him and we lose.

2. Seymour - was awesome until he lost his halves partner. Our composure is so so so much better with Brett on the field.

3. Tate... Taai

Er. Is that a 1 for Tate and Ta'ai?

Rich102

Staff member
Very hard this week.

Packer 3 I thought he really stepped up. + 35 tackles.
Tate 2 Aggressive
Luck 1 49 tackles. He didn't stop.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
3 - Mannering - Heroic 80min stand back from injury. Showed why he is captain

2 - Packer - Stood up in the absence of Rapira, hope he can keep it up

1 - Tate - Showed QLD why he should have been picked!

Honourable mention to Ropati, would have had a couple of points had he not dropped the ball.

One more mention to Hohaia!

Warmess

Juniors
3. Packer
2. Seymour
1. Tate

Yeah I definitely noticed Seymours lack of kicking in the second half. But on attack hes really added an extra layer we've been desperately seeking. I hope the news about Maloney being a chance comes to fruition. With both of them on the park we look dangerous, take one out and we're directionless.

Micistm

Bench
I struggle picking them for this game, was pleased the way the team went. On a dry track I got the feeling Souths may not have butchered so many chances, but all the same was stoked with the way the guys gave it all, even when they were so obviously poked at the end. Good on 'em.

Tate, Rapira, Mannering for me, although the team deserves big ups in general. I groaned at Ropati early on, but he did good and made ammends for a couple of early drops, he seems really determined to get himself back into form and you gotta respect that.
Tate seems on a mission ATM, we've finally got the tate that was promised, I hope he stays around now

JSINISTA1

Juniors
3pts - Simon Mannering (is fast becoming the captain we expect and more. made some good yards and mean try saving tackles. didn't think he could get any better but he's surprised me, well done)
2pts - Lance Hohaia (classy as always with no mistakes in wet weather conditions and awesome running game, too much)
1pt - Brett Seymour (a great kicking game and was just accountable on the day, an investment proving his worth in my opinion.

Honourable mention to: the rest of the squad.

ozreece77

Juniors
3 Packer
2 Rapira
1 Mannering

Rapira was heading for another 3 till he got injured

With Ropati, its 2 steps forward 1 step back. He drives me crazy with his unforced errors. Its at the stage where im screaming at the TV telling the guys not to pass to Ropati in our own 20m zone. He is so unreliable.

Dunno why Seymour is getting 3s. He seemed to disappear on the last tackle options for most of the game and we were getting aimless kicks from Hohaia. Plus he missed a bunch of tackles. A couple of try assists doesnt make up for the fact he was missing in the important parts of the game like getting field position.