What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3,2,1 v Sharkies

3 - Maloney (took control of kicking and game)
2 - Moon (some nice offloads, good defensive work & intercept)
1 - Tupou (would of been 2 if not for handling error that let in try and letting bombs go + falcon)/ Manu (for being Manu)

Actually found it hard to score, impressed with completion rate.
We went away from our normal kick to Manu in 1st half.
Liked the movement in the 20 zone in attack, but needs to happen every set we are in there.
Tupou great game in attack, kick both on ground and high can be worked on but think there was a guy 2 years ago who had a game against the eels who had bad hands that night who is going pretty well.

Wondered how Maloney was offside when he kicked the ball? Guess its not a Warriors game with out a bad call in it.:crazy:

AliN

Live Update Team
I'll go

Tupou
Moon
Maloney

25/25 completion rate after 50 mins is outstanding.
Great effort by the whole team

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3- Moon
2- Matulino
1- Tupou

With performances like his, it'd be really hard to leave Moon out. Outstanding defensively, got his hands on the ball, broke the line and also looked to offload all the time.

And given Hohaia's dull form at the back, I'd love to stick Jerome there when he comes back - but it won't happen. Can't put Lance in the hooking rotation, they're going too well, and isn't much value anywhere else.

Matulino, brilliant as well. Ivan's come up trumps putting him in the front row. And well done Billy Tupou.

Quick mention of the Moon try - am I the only person who dead-set saw that Manu touched that?

Warmess

Juniors
3. Moon
2. Tupou
1. Matulino

All was good, aside from some of Seymours weak defense. Moon was everywhere, should definitely have first crack at Tate's spot next year. Matulinos footwork, man. He's just going to get better at prop and is looking more like Blair, minus the niggle.

One Warrior

Bench
3. Moon
2. Maloney
1. Tupou

Lilyman looked a lot better playing prop as expected, Rapira looked good coming back and played a good no. of minutes as well.

Good games also from Matulino, Packer, Heremaia, Henderson, Tate, Manu and Seymour.
Yes I think Manu may have touched it, good for a close call to go our way for a change.

3 - Maloney
2 - Tupou
1 - Tate

Maloney was a standout after being crap last week.
Tupou had a solid game but made a couple of mistakes under the high ball late in the game.
Tate was also one of our best.

Ill go

Maloney
Tupou
Moon

Just a couple of thoughts

Lillyman really impressed and got some good go forward, also Tate had a great game also.

But the referee decision to penalise Maloney for off side when he was the kicker WTF!!!!!!!

roboshark

Coach
Well done on your win. A class above

Although the try off the knockon was crap. Typical of our decisions this year

ozreece77

Juniors
But the referee decision to penalise Maloney for off side when he was the kicker WTF!!!!!!!

yeh, thats got to be one of the clangers of the season. missing forward passes etc is one thing, but knowing who the kicker is for offside penalties is stock standard ref stuff isnt it?

Maloney 3
Moon 2
Tupou 1

And bonus points for the team for their completion rate. Think it was like 31/33 wasnt it? Some of the penalties were a bit silly though (hands in the ruck bs, need to cut that crap out).

Rovelli

Bench
3. Maloney - continued to be impressed by him - solid kicking game all night, backed up nicely to score a try, goal-kicking came back

2. Moon - showing that his best position in the NRL is at centre, and not a halfback (Brisbane) or 5/8 (us). Us not getting Matai is no big loss.

1. Matulino - great go-forward from the propping spot. Could be a place for him in the future as a prop

Fast Eddie

First Grade
No one really had a bad game but Hohaia only made 52m, for a fullback playing the 80 thats terrible....I doubt thats happened this season by any fullback in the comp. Moon and Matulino both made 180m each so a great performance from them both.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
No one really had a bad game but Hohaia only made 52m, for a fullback playing the 80 thats terrible....I doubt thats happened this season by any fullback in the comp. Moon and Matulino both made 180m each so a great performance from them both.

I couldn't agree more on Hohaia. Never runs the ball back with any gusto - defensively solid and reasonably good under the high ball but never causes defences any issues, even if they kick straight to him. Ropati looked dangerous with every touch when he was there.

Apparently you're allowed to knock it on near the line, re Manu's effort - Vuna just did exactly the same thing.

DeeJ

Bench
2. Moon - showing that his best position in the NRL is at centre, and not a halfback (Brisbane) or 5/8 (us). Us not getting Matai is no big loss.

Actually he played only one game at halfback for Brisbane and spent his majority of the time at left center.

He was a 5/8th and lock in reserve grade though.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Deadset makes me cry when people are spanking the monkey over our completion rate.

ffs, of course we're gonna complete sets when all we do is take 5 hit-ups and kick. It's anti-football and it ain't gonna win sh*t in the big games. How can people hand out points to Maloney when our halves don't even touch the ball other than to kick it in most of our sets????

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Anyway...

3. Matulino
2. Moon
1. Tupou

Manu still doesn't seem right, hit the ball up very soft, and was running in slow motion when Barrett scored that try.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Watch out for mr negative, if it gets us out of our half without a knock on then what harm is done?

Plus I thought we chucked it round a fair bit in our own half.

3 Matulino - Just what we need from a prop, awesome job

2 Moon - 2 very good performances in a row, think he may need to stay there and ropati go FB, hohaia needs a rest looks tired and that's strange for him.

1 Ta'ai developing fantastic, Hitman and looks to bend the line most times and handy offloader.

Gee Browny was having an off night

Last edited: