What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Storm

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Oh and can we get another -3 for Adam Blair...21 tackles and 9 runs for 63m. Plus the inevitable dumb penalty when he takes the kicker late, which he could've been pinged for more than once. Without even referring to stats, he's just so anonymous. Can't wait for two more years of him.

Reactions: JJ

Iron Lion

Juniors
3.RTS
2.Maumalo
1.Jazz

Jazz has been criticized a lot by me durring the year but I am liking the intensity and lift he is bringing to each game and I think he is adding a lot of value to the team. He just sucks at hooker. His passing is atrocious, as a central forward in the Gallen/Peachey mold he is pretty decent and can create a lot of 2nd phase play.

Im really disappointed with SJ. Today was the day he should of taken the game by the scruff of the neck and won it. We competed well in the grind and just needed SJ to guide us through. He really made no clutch play attempts and that is honestly where we lost it.

Also can we actually make Kata a more intelligent player? The guy is an under 9's player in an adults body. Selfish to the core ball in hand and just dumb.

Meth

Staff member
x2

And next time I say Ken got killed by Vunivalu in the air, just leave at that. Ok Methrrey.

oh ffs you are obtuse

Vanivalu beat Maumalo in the air. No question. Also, not a heap of shame in that. It's not like Maumalo is known as a leaper. That's more the bloke on the other side.

While I am not denying Maumalo was beaten, I was more agitated by Kata's piss poor effort subsequently.

Do you get it?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Jazz has been criticized...as a central forward in the Gallen/Peachey mold he is pretty decent and can create a lot of 2nd phase play...
Peachey?? It can NOT be Peachey from the Panthers who plays in the backs. Anyway Gallen is a far different 'mould' than Peachey. Gallen is a REAL central forward, like Taumalolo and Sam Burgess. Jazz and his flea bite attacks and hits aren't the same 'mould' as these guys.

ozenzud

Juniors
All in all, not a bad effort against a guaranteed top 4 side. Lino was not up to it this week. Our attack stuttered. Not sure why Paasi getting heaps of points as he was barely sighted in the first half.

Ken got beaten in the air for that try, but he was pretty good the rest of the day and made a lot of tackles for a winger.

3. RTS
2. Ken
1 Beale

Iron Lion

Juniors
Peachey?? It can NOT be Peachey from the Panthers who plays in the backs. Anyway Gallen is a far different 'mould' than Peachey. Gallen is a REAL central forward, like Taumalolo and Sam Burgess. Jazz and his flea bite attacks and hits aren't the same 'mould' as these guys.

Have you been watching league in 2018? :) Peachey mostly comes off the bench in a 2nd rower/lock role and jumps in at hooker often too - I think he rarely plays in the backs anymore, not sure he has this season. Jazz seems to be filling the identical role for the warriors. Agree Gallen is a central forward but so is Jazz, both similar in height with Gallen bigger now but at the same age in the NRL they are playing vastly similar roles

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Have you been watching league in 2018? :) Peachey mostly comes off the bench in a 2nd rower/lock role and jumps in at hooker often too - I think he rarely plays in the backs anymore, not sure he has this season. Jazz seems to be filling the identical role for the warriors. Agree Gallen is a central forward but so is Jazz, both similar in height with Gallen bigger now but at the same age in the NRL they are playing vastly similar roles
To be honest, Im not sure about Peachey playing in the forwards. Ive never seen it but I dont watch the Panthers much either.

Jasmine is nothing like Paul Gallen, Taumalolo and Sam Burgess IMO. He reminds of Scrappy-Doo when up against those real powerhouses.

JJ

Immortal

Sorry but the Gallen/Tevaga comparison is pretty hilarious... Tevaga's more like a small Adam Blair who tries hard.

Peachey spent a lot of time at centre and 5/8 (when Cleary and May were out) this year, but yes he's a backrower by nature, but a true utility - whereas Tevaga really isn't... I like him because he has heart, but like Hiku he really should only be in the 17 when injuries demand it

Benek

Juniors
I was watching SJ a lot on defence and was quite pleased with how good he is. I'd go as far as to say he is turning into one of the better defensive halves around. I imagine he got even more traffic than usual his way because Storm knew he'd be doing double-duty with Green out and they wanted to wear him down, and yet he held his own really well and had a few memorable big stops.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Sorry but the Gallen/Tevaga comparison is pretty hilarious... Tevaga's more like a small Adam Blair who tries hard.

Peachey spent a lot of time at centre and 5/8 (when Cleary and May were out) this year, but yes he's a backrower by nature, but a true utility - whereas Tevaga really isn't... I like him because he has heart, but like Hiku he really should only be in the 17 when injuries demand it

I am not comparing Jazz to Gallen now, I am comparing Jazz to Gallen at the same age when Gallen arrived on the scene in 2001. Over the years Jazz will bulk up, strengthen up and could play a similar style of role. In essence he is going about his work in that type of way now. He is highly industrious with a lot of upside.

ozenzud

Juniors
I was watching SJ a lot on defence and was quite pleased with how good he is. I'd go as far as to say he is turning into one of the better defensive halves around. I imagine he got even more traffic than usual his way because Storm knew he'd be doing double-duty with Green out and they wanted to wear him down, and yet he held his own really well and had a few memorable big stops.

I wasn't at the game, but it appeared from TV that the Storm were actually targeting Lino's side rather than SJ who has certainly made a lot of tackles this year.

JJ

Immortal
Im really disappointed with SJ. Today was the day he should of taken the game by the scruff of the neck and won it. We competed well in the grind and just needed SJ to guide us through. He really made no clutch play attempts and that is honestly where we lost it.

Also can we actually make Kata a more intelligent player? The guy is an under 9's player in an adults body. Selfish to the core ball in hand and just dumb.

1. Yes - I thought Johnson's involvement was good, etc - but given we held our own I couldn't help but think there were a few #7s in the league that would have got us across the line - Hughes got assists on two tries (like Johnson one kick, but the pass to Chambers was special) and nearly had a third

2. No, I don't think that's going to happen - Kata is what he is - he actually seemed to believe that was a try - very poor... and while centres seem to have merged with edge back rowers, I really think the value of passing is important

TheDMC

Bench
Melbourne were simply stifling on defense but if what they do in the tackle aka wrestle is not against the rules it bloody well should be. Imagine how horrendous league will become if all teams were as ‘good’ as they are in slowing the play down...

Can’t they adjust the interpretation to call held earlier? As soon as momentum has stopped and before they then wrestle to the ground and on the back with late ‘tacklers’ coming in. It was ugly to watch. Two man tackles only perhaps except maybe in the 10m zone? Dunno but ewww

Latest posts