What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3,2,1 Vs Knights

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
-3 Ivan. For picking Berrigan to early epic fail so in turn Brown gets injured because he didn't start. Tai'i > Latimore. Maloney was good> kicks at goal, Backing up, running great lines.

I agree with the poor decision but I don't see how Brown got injured because he didn't start?

Meth

Staff member
Berrigan shouldn't have been at centre. I think Cleary just didn't want the appearance of two backs on the bench because it points out how ridiculous it is to have Hohaia and Berrigan/Heremaia in the team. Brown had a bad game last week at centre, but he should have started there. Berrigan probably shouldn't have been rushed back in, but (serious question) who else was there at our disposal?

Moon might get a run next week

Meth

Staff member
-3 Ivan. For picking Berrigan to early epic fail so in turn Brown gets injured because he didn't start. Tai'i > Latimore. Maloney was good> kicks at goal, Backing up, running great lines.

You're an idiot

Brown got injured because he didn't start? :crazy:

Meth

Staff member
It's what we call in the real world as a joke. Do I have to S P E E L L it out
har har hardy har.

Still shouldn't of pick Berrigan :oops:

you weren't joking

you're just trying to claim it was a joke because you got called on how stupid it was

Meth

Staff member
It's what we call in the real world as a joke. Do I have to S P E E L L it out
har har hardy har.

Still shouldn't of pick Berrigan :oops:

Seriously, did you have a lobotomy in the off-season? I don't remember you being such a moronic forumner last year

Iafeta

Referee
Stats aren't everything, and these aren't finalised so might not be as favourable when they are, but:

A try, try assist, 4 goals from 4 attempts, a field goal, 3 tackle breaks, 1 offload, and 3 line breaks.

9 tackles made but 8 missed, and conceded a penalty. Also 2 errors.

On balance, a few key happenings - and effort according to this eye - and a bit more than okay. Even if not MOM.

There's lots of different types of five eighths. Cliffy Lyons was a magic ball player. Laurie Daley was a strong direct type five eighth. Terry Lamb was a wicked player who loved to back up and run gaps all day long.

I think Manu is right in some of the criticisms of Maloney. He's not a classic organiser. That's true. But he's making things happen, and he's a pivotal component in us getting the job done. The line he ran off Maloney, the support line off Luck... these types of plays are not pure luck. Positional awareness is a key aspect of James' game and over the past two weeks it's made him look extremely good.

He does need to watch his defence, but as we say, stats aren't everything and certainly Berrigan was far worse in D and he probably gets decent numbers.

3 - Luck - Not 1 but 2 linebreaks WTF? Tackle machine, and try savers.

2 - Maloney - In the right place at the right time to often to be "luck"

1 - Locke - Nice kick returns, good to see little guys taking off when forwards getting tired.

Lucky to win that one, defence kept us in it.
Berrigan, stupid move.
Brown, hopefully not out to long.
Mateo, still isnt firing to mind.
Matulino, good solid hits.

_addict

Juniors
3 - Luck
2 - Locke
1 - Matalino

Pretty good team effort really, 'cept for Berrigan who shouldn't have made a start.

One Warrior

Bench
3. Luck
2. Locke
1. Matalino

Luck 1 linebreak and offload for a try and then another linebreak, amazing. Mara must stay in ahead of Heremaia.

Belcher & Woolford are unbelievable, worse than Pearce and thats saying something, we got the classical comment with 10 to go that the Warriors were out on their feet and then we score two back to back tries to win the game, haha.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
3 - Matulino
2 - Locke
1 - Luck

Berro off the pace.

Seymour - hardly there, though made a couple of good tackles.

Lillyman and Matulino far and away our best 2 going forward.

Mateo did nothing until it counted.

Maloney's kicking game not up to it's usual standard but coming off the back of some pretty poor sets from our forwards, also missed a fair few tackles. Like Mateo, showed up when it counted however.

Rich102

Staff member
There's lots of different types of five eighths. Cliffy Lyons was a magic ball player. Laurie Daley was a strong direct type five eighth. Terry Lamb was a wicked player who loved to back up and run gaps all day long.

I think Manu is right in some of the criticisms of Maloney. He's not a classic organiser. That's true. But he's making things happen, and he's a pivotal component in us getting the job done. The line he ran off Maloney, the support line off Luck... these types of plays are not pure luck. Positional awareness is a key aspect of James' game and over the past two weeks it's made him look extremely good.

He does need to watch his defence, but as we say, stats aren't everything and certainly Berrigan was far worse in D and he probably gets decent numbers.

Fair summation. But I have noticed Maloney often is the first one there on a kick chase and, while he may miss the one-on-one tackle, at least he slows the player down for the next tackler to finish off. Plus I have always had a soft spot for fox-terriers.

Izz

Bench
3--Luck -- that dummy then ghost through the line was a thing of beauty :D
2--Locke
1--Matulino

Special mentions to Mara, Lillyman and Maloney. Mateo stepped it up when it counted, too.

Packer seemed quiet.

Latest posts