What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3,2,1 Vs Knights

worier

Juniors
Locke, does he deserve the 3 points? I reckon he was ordinary till the 65 minute. Missed a tackle or two. His last 15 were excellent. But he is the type of player that should come into the game as the bigger players get tired.

Apart from being taken over the side line and probably Mcdonnell try (which to be fair was a tough one) There's really not much else he could've done he made a try saving tackle his positional play was good my only gripe would be support the ball runner in paticular Mateo.

Locke is a X factor player a game breaker if you like, they rise to the challenge when you need them and that's what he did. For the last quater he was running it back hard realiasing we need to get on the front foot and it was that mind set that led to the winning play.

Luck was the man! MOM hands down, he deserves all the 3 pts.

Micistm

Bench
Maloney-Locke-Luck

And Mateo's getting better at knowing when to hold 'em and fold 'em.

Well done to the team for a great defensive effort to hold out quite an onslaught, and shut up an appallingly bad commentary team. God they almost made me join the bring back Costo list. They were TERRIBLE.

ozbash

Referee
God they almost made me join the bring back Costo list

:shock:

Go on, you know you want to ;-)

I am going to give Lovina Good the biggest gob full on Sunday. I have to think of something really insulting..

Micistm

Bench
:shock:

Go on, you know you want to ;-)

I am going to give Lovina Good the biggest gob full on Sunday. I have to think of something really insulting..

'Y know, I do kinda miss him. Especially after we just made our Costo-isms drinking game rules up (as a non drinker I don't get pissed anyway, but still fun):lol:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
lol, you are a confirmed dope MV,
Road Warriors

Maloney stars as Warriors continue streak.http://www.nrl.com/rnd-10-knights-v-warriors-hls-/tabid/10959/contentid/353642/default.aspx

NRL.COM

Aw, ok.. I.ll save you the hassle of searching, heres the first paragraph..

Five-eighth James Maloney was the star turn as the Warriors scored their third consecutive win away from home, downing Newcastle 25-16 in their NRL match at Ausgrid stadium.

I really hope this is one of those ongoing pisstakes like the Covell brigade of some years ago, otherwise it's just full scale dementia. I tend to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you're defending him a little too strongly for it to just be a joke.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
But I do like Lance and he backs up well in any position, scored two great tries. Just wish he would stop the f**king around in the ruck.

Yeah but that's the problem. 10 seasons on we should probably have figured out that he WILL "f*ck around in the ruck", because that's all he knows.

Putting Lance in the halves or at hooker is a disaster regardless of whether or not he backs up someone elses break, given they've had to make the break in spite of his "contribution" in the first place

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I think Manu (see above) would have the warriors playing a very structured, very composed St George like approach. Thats why he criticises Maloney and Hohaia.

But what happens now, with the video analysis and review, is that playing structured football week in, week out, means that teams can break you down, unless you have the best and biggest players. But by playing "ad lib with rules", teams can't shut you down. For example Benji plays ad lib.

After years of banging away on the same drum I deadset want to cry when someone interprets it so wrong.

I don't want us more structured, I want us LESS structured (in the sense of having monotonous set plays etc). I'm a believer in a simple structure with ball players capable of creating opportunities through skill and vision.

The FIRST player I would sign if I had free reign is Benji Marshall, he is exactly the sort of player I want.

There are different types of "ad lib". The type we tend to play is a sort of slow motion ad lib, where blokes just sort of keep on gormlessly offloading, hoping something will come of it.

Benji Marshall is a genius playmaker who sees gaps and has the ability to put blokes in to them. We don't have anyone who can do that. I believe the word for players like that is "footballers". It's nice to have some in the halves occasionally.

Maloney's backing up and hole running is certainly a skill/knack, not just luck. It certainly comes in handy at times, but in terms of constructing a good rugby league team it's a bit like picking a prop with a good kicking game who can't tackle or hit the ball up.

Rich102

Staff member
This week's result:

Locke 60
Luck 57
Matulino 23
Maloney 20
Mara 2
Mateo, Taylor & Inu 1. (each)

27 voted....:D

Meth

Staff member
Happy for Michael Luck- I think he gets far more criticism and far less praise than he deserves. He's probably comfortable with that though

Rich102

Staff member
Happy for Michael Luck- I think he gets far more criticism and far less praise than he deserves. He's probably comfortable with that though

Yep. Puts him in the top 8 for the year too.

hitman82

Bench
I've never had a direct problem with Luck, merely the selection of the players around him.

Since Mateo, Ta'ai and Taylor got the call up and Mannering went to centre, I've been happy.

However, in Taylor we have Luck's replacement.

If all our players were fit right now Luck would find it hard to get a spot in my opinion. Mateo is critical, Brown is our best player, we need Ta'ai's aggression and Taylor is fast becoming a star - AND he can fulfill the tacklebot role of Luck.

Meth

Staff member
I think he would get more votes in the Warriors' players' season 3-2-1

hitman82

Bench
Probably deservedly, as he'd offer infinitely more on attack while still making 40 quality tackles and missing SFA.

The one thing Luck has over Taylor is the ability to make amazing last-ditch effort 1 on 1 tackles to save tries.

Meth

Staff member
Probably deservedly, as he'd offer infinitely more on attack while still making 40 quality tackles and missing SFA.

The one thing Luck has over Taylor is the ability to make amazing last-ditch effort 1 on 1 tackles to save tries.

haha I was talking about Luck, as if to say that he would be more valued by his team-mates than by this forum.

But I agree- Taylor offers sound defense and some attacking flair that Luck doesn't have. Luck could lose some detractors if he got in the way less on attack.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Haha I would feel pretty average as a player if people wanted me to 'get in the way less' on attack.

But I guess he has his place - Dennis Rodman hardly scored a point in his career but he was a defensive demon. Different sport but you get me.

Brando

Juniors
I just could not handle those commentators in this game. They are so insulting and biased it just amazes me!

Iafeta

Referee
RE: Luck not getting in the way so much... I've noticed since Seymour has come back that the structure is so much better. Luck passes before the line a lot more to forwards who are directed to run unders lines and Luck gets involved FAR less and in some cases not at all in the opposition 20m zone. Its good seeing him use the ball a bit before the line, he's not quite as predictable.