What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3,2,1 Vs Knights

3. Luck
2. Maloney
1. Matalino

How sweet it is shutting those awful commentators up today. Great effort warriors we won purely on heart today, hard to fault anyone but Berrigan who was off his D game but overall good team effort

Last edited:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
3. Locke
2. Luck
1. Mateo

Maybe the first and last time I give Luck points, but credit where it's due, he laid on a try and made a line break outta nothing as well as his defensive work.

Mateo may raise a few eyebrows but I thought he hit the ball up strongly and then at the end of the game set up a try and a line break with some sweet passing. He was involved in some defensive dramas but for mine that was mostly Berrigan's fault.

No way Maloney (or Seymour) gets any points from me until our attack is something other than a shambles. We're totally reliant on offloads, kicks, dummy half running and ad-lib. No good having a showboating 6 who only does something useful when his teammates, doing the job he is supposed to do, give him a saloon passage to the tryline.

Our goalline defence is collosal.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Am I the only one who noticed what a shambles the hooker position was when Mara went off? Everyone was getting a turn. Hohaia simply doesn't know how to play the position. Mara showed his value today, the speed, swerve and offload for that last try was magic.

Am I the only one who noticed what a shambles the hooker position was when Mara went off? Everyone was getting a turn. Hohaia simply doesn't know how to play the position. Mara showed his value today, the speed, swerve and offload for that last try was magic.

Mara is a gun, rather see him their longer if anything. With Friend being that 80 minute freak of nature he his, I hope we hold onto Mara still because he is that good

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3- Locke
2- Matulino
1- Luck

Glad I'm not the only one who can't cop those f*cking god awful Fox commentators. Belcher has some deep-seated hatred for the Warriors for some reason and Braybrook isnt much better.

Such a refreshing thing to have a fullback who brings the ball back with gusto and is positionally sound. Sorry Lance but as I've said in other thread, there isn't a spot for him anymore. Mara should start at hooker with Berrigan to deputise.

nibbs

Bench

Mara's vision was excellent. I don't think there is a spot for Heremaia in the 17 ATM.

nibbs

Bench
Glad I'm not the only one who can't cop those f*cking god awful Fox commentators. Belcher has some deep-seated hatred for the Warriors for some reason and Braybrook isnt much better.

Did you hear his cheer leading efforts for the Raiduhs last night? Disgraceful.

ozbash

Referee
Mara should start at hooker with Berrigan to deputise.
Berrigan should be on the first available flight back to Brisbane, for ever.
WTF is with Cleary playing a 1 armed centre against McMannus and Sau ?
Bloody near cost us the game !!

3- Locke
2- Maloney
1- Matulino

Izz

Bench
No. Hohaia looked much better when he went to center, even though i wouldn't like to see him play a full game there (too small).

Mara's smarts were shown in that last try. He purposefully ran away from Maloney, who probably would've been covered, to find Hohaia.

Berrigan should never have played. Don't think his hand's healed yet.

I've got the game myskyed, so i'll watch it again later before giving out my points. First impressions: Matulino had a great game. Locke had a great second half.

I'm really happy with the win. Tbh, i wasn't picking us to win it. And we probably shouldn't have, but we did, and winning games you shouldn't is a good sign.

Izz

Bench
Berrigan should be on the first available flight back to Brisbane, for ever.
WTF is with Cleary playing a 1 armed centre against McMannus and Sau ?
Bloody near cost us the game !!

3- Locke
2- Maloney
1- Matulino
Cleary probably had to rely on the medical staff back here declaring Berrigan fit. Though, that being said, he probably should've hooked him earlier.

nibbs

Bench
FTR, I'm giving all my points to Michael Luck this week. What a dynamo. Offloading, line breaks and try savers. f**k yeah

Warmess

Juniors
3. Locke
2. Luck
1. Matulino

Locke provided the x factor we needed when we needed it most, something we've not had in a long time. Luck...wtf? Where has that stuff been? Matulino came on and ripped into the Knights and tipped the forwards balance back into our favour, and laid on some hurt.

*Edit* Berrigan should never have started. Wtf was the idea with bringing Brown back to the bench? I get that we lost a second rower, but surely you don't take Brown of all people and stick him on the bench..utterly ridiculous and it could have cost us the game.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Did you hear his cheer leading efforts for the Raiduhs last night? Disgraceful.

I didn't, but I can only imagine. Hell of a win though.

I just can't understand, he's not a Knights fan..why the hell does he care so much that an Aussie team is getting beaten? I can't cop in the last 10 mins 'the Knights need to do this to win, they've got points in them, a short kick may do it etc' when we are never afforded 'a solid set and a good kick will consolodate the win, great effort by the Warriors to defend their line for 10-15 mins then have the energy to put the game away'. Because it was, and it was heroic.

And the Warriors weren't 'out on their feet' like Belcher likes to say all the time. Ha! Stick that in your pipe.

armchaircritic

Juniors
Thank god we won that. Was not confident at all. I thought that 5 second nap before half time would sum up our afternoon. However we held on after the Knights attacked our line for what seemed like 20 mins.

3. Locke. Purely for the last two tries. Great kick return, then great offload.
2. Matulino. Strong on Defence. Pulled off a couple of good shots. Made a few good runs too. Slow start to the year, he looks like he is coming good.
1. Luck. Great break for our second try, Great try saving tackle (though Locke was back there). When he ran with the ball he made good metres.

Anyone hear the extent of Brown's injury? Big loss if its serious.

Last edited:

My Morning Coat

Juniors
3 Luck
2 Locke
1 Matulino
-1000 Todays Fox commentators...man those guys really have it in for us, how long did they go on about that no try ruling in the first half for the knights ..if it was the other way round i doubt the would bring it up every 5 minutes

MKEB...

Staff member
3. locke
2.Luck
1.Matulino

Not sure how Maloney can get points today. Barring his try from backing up and goal kicking, I dont think he got much right today at all.

Silly decision to play a not right Berrigan ( should of been hooked at half time)

Hohaia should not play FB again....and his dummy half play was appalling, though two good tries from backing up.

Simon Woolfords commentary was pissing me off more than Braybrook and badge.