What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 - 2 - 1 vs Manly

Fast Eddie

First Grade
And on Henry, we saw him get torched for the try on D but even on offense he offers very little. Doubt he is anything special in the air, not especially quick or with great footwork. No way he should be in the starting line up. And I thought was Lousi was better than I expected but he still gives way too slow play of the balls every time.

Didgi

Benry is a good player, but a centre he is not. If you insist on a second rower playing centre, I'm still a Sio Siu Tauk-howeveryouspellit fan. It's all irrelevant though, he's too green, Benry should be benched for the SR and occasional utility use, and bring in Inu.

We seem to be quick to want to kick players out, give Locke another chance, as first dud game in a while. Manu has to be on thin ice, Johnson is going to have to be taking his paycheck home soon!

Manly sent it wide, found gaps, took advantage of our mistakes. If we had held the ball at a few more critical times (both attack and defense) we could/should of won.

Premierships aren't won in March.
Both of last years grandfinal teams lost their first 2 games (we lost 3!)

We shall see what Bluey learns as his first game as an NRL coach. Look forward to the post match conference.

Last edited:

hitman82

Bench
And on Henry, we saw him get torched for the try on D but even on offense he offers very little. Doubt he is anything special in the air, not especially quick or with great footwork. No way he should be in the starting line up. And I thought was Lousi was better than I expected but he still gives way too slow play of the balls every time.

I agree Henry was a major non-event, and I would immediately drop him for Inu next week.

But on Lousi, it's not fair to criticise the guy. He was our best prop by far, and had his career best game. Looked like a new player tbh. It's as though Cleary had him playing inside himself and Bluey's told him to just go for it. Looked totally confident and composed.

Rich102

Staff member
3. Johnson
2. Mannering
1. Lousi

Not a bad game first up - plenty of room for improvement.

When you gift the Premiers 16 points start it is always going to be hard. JRo gone for mine - his poor defence cost us those early points. Hurrell & Inu next week please.

Iafeta

Referee
I agree Henry was a major non-event, and I would immediately drop him for Inu next week.

But on Lousi, it's not fair to criticise the guy. He was our best prop by far, and had his career best game. Looked like a new player tbh. It's as though Cleary had him playing inside himself and Bluey's told him to just go for it. Looked totally confident and composed.

That would be rather disconcerting...

armchaircritic

Juniors
Johnson
Lousi (Where has that performance been? - So glad he stepped up)
Hurrell

Frustrating game in the end. Those mistakes by Locke/Manu killed us.

Izz

Bench
Just got back from the game. Got there just before kickoff, so didn't see the team sheet. Was *not* happy to see Benry starting. He's not FG standard yet. Obviously trains hard, though.

Hitman, i think Lousi suits props much better than second row.

Someone needs to tell Taylor that he is allowed to look when he passes. And definitely not to no-look pass when the tackle count's just been restarted, when we're on the opposition 30, when they have only 12 men, and the only way the play will turn out even if Manu catches it is over the sideline.

Hurrell looked okay defensively. Made a good read to shut down one attacking raid close to the line. Awesome with ball on hand. Sit down, Watmong!

For all Johnson's awesome, he did still drift out of the game for a lot of the second half.

3 -- Mannering
2 -- Johnson
1 -- Hurrell

Hon. mention to Brown. Looked okay at dummy half when distributing, too.

hitman82

Bench
I'd just like to clarify a couple of points:

in 54 minutes, Hurrell got 154m from 16 carries. 4 Tackle Breaks, 1 Offload.

in 48 minutes, Lousi led our offloads with 2, made 24 tackles, missing NONE.

Vatuvei had SEVEN errors.

TheDMC

Bench
I'd just like to clarify a couple of points:

in 54 minutes, Hurrell got 154m from 16 carries. 4 Tackle Breaks, 1 Offload.

in 48 minutes, Lousi led our offloads with 2, made 24 tackles, missing NONE.

Vatuvei had SEVEN errors.

What are the points you're clarifying hitman?

JoeD

First Grade
3 mannering
2 Johnson
1 hurrell

Still hate Eden park but crazy skydiving was best halftime entertainment eva!

ozbash

Referee
Still hate Eden park but crazy skydiving was best halftime entertainment eva!

that was downright scary, was waiting for a couple to get tangled up in the posts..

kos

Juniors
Not being at the game stuck in West Island.
Some questions....

How did Nathan Friend go -looked solid on TV.

Also wheres Mcivor, Dale Husband did commentary on Sky.

Did anybody see the Vulcans game?