What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1's Dragons/Roosters

Red Bear

Referee
Willow said:
Number 16. He had a good run up the middle if the park after Sims put him into the clear.

That'd be one of those 'zilch line breaks' that melon talks about. lol
The 30-40 metre run where he was broght down by a pretty good tackle?

RufusRex

Post Whore
strange that you are not talking about the one where the ball was delivered backwards to Timmins who was set to score before Clarke called knock on ....

selective memory again ...

I don't agree with the obstruction rule (which cost the Roosters that try in the second half) but it is consistent with other rulings in other games. And as said above, the selective memory button is getting pushed hard by some posters here.

Hornby was MOTM in my opinion, even allowing for the shoulder charge he put on the footy in the second half. An outstanding fullbacks performance.

From the Roosters, I was impressed with Shillington, he's got a good future ahead of him.

Danish

Referee
What in damned hell did Bailey do to rate a mention from any of you idiots??

was it making less metres than shillington, making less offloads than shillington, or missing more tackles than shillington that clinched it??

3- Head
2- Wing
1- every single player on the park

Danish

Referee
Godz Illa said:
lol No, it's not sour grapes at all.

btw

Head
Wing
Hornby

credit where credit is due is hardly sour grapes. Shillo was head and shoulders above all other props on the field.

innsaneink

Referee
Timmah said:
Was it really necessary to start another thread?
You girl.

As I anticipated....

ink said:
3. Head
2. Hornby
1. Wing
thuganomics said:
3. Head
2. Bailey
1. Wing
R69 said:
3 - Head
2 - Hornby
1 - Wing
uptheeels said:
3 Head
2 Wing
1 Bailey
go the bears said:
5 - Head
4 - Baily
3 - Wing
2 - Hornby
the business said:
3. Head
2. Shillington
1. Wing
danish said:
3- Head
2- Wing
1- every single player on the park
godzilla said:
Head
Wing
Hornby
I thought it was pretty clear cut....I thought others opinions would be pretty close, hence a whole new thread for it. Im glad it doesnt sit well with you.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Kiwi said:
I didn't see many Rooster fan fans complaining when the ref handed them the game against the Cowboys in 2004 to put them in the GF. Didn't see many Rooster fans complaining when Mullins scored from a kick against the Broncos when he was a metre in front of the kicker to put them into the grand final in 2002 or 2003 I think it was.

So unless you whinge when your side gets the better end of the bad calls to win matches, f**k off you tool

Try came from an Allan Langer pass to nobody that Mullins picked up and ran 40 metres.

Danish

Referee
Immortal said:
" These grapes taste like sh*t "

A simple explanation as to why you think bailey played well with a bit of evidence will do.

Can't produce any?? Funny that...

Godz Illa

Coach
Danish said:
A simple explanation as to why you think bailey played well with a bit of evidence will do.

Statistically, there is a split hair between Shillington and Bailey.
Hitups: Bailey 18, Shillington 17
Metres: Bailey 117, Shillington 128
tackles: Bailey 29, Shillington 27

Bailey probably stands out to people because it was his first game back from injury, and due to Ryles' early injury he was forced to play A LOT of minutes. A big ask for a player out of condition, and he didn't miss a beat.

I was impressed with Shillington though tbh, despite his swinging arm on Barrett. The 3-2-1 from a Roosters perspective would be imo Wing, Shillington, Finch.

Danish

Referee
Godz Illa said:
Statistically, there is a split hair between Shillington and Bailey.
Hitups: Bailey 18, Shillington 17
Metres: Bailey 117, Shillington 128
tackles: Bailey 29, Shillington 27

Bailey probably stands out to people because it was his first game back from injury, and due to Ryles' early injury he was forced to play A LOT of minutes. A big ask for a player out of condition, and he didn't miss a beat.

I was impressed with Shillington though tbh, despite his swinging arm on Barrett. The 3-2-1 from a Roosters perspective would be imo Wing, Shillington, Finch.

Dont forget to include;

shillo's 4 offloads to bailey's one
Shillos zero missed tackles to baileys 4
Shillo's 1 linebreak to Bailey's none
Shillo's 1 try to Baileys none.
Shillo's zero errors to Baileys 1.

Shillo also played around 60 mins (we only had 1 replacement prop on the bench) against the 2 current international props and outplayed both in all areas.

You're right that Bailey got a mention for reasons other than his performance. Mainly due to his name, and the fact he is fighting for a test spot. Doesn't change the fact he wasn't the best prop on the field.

petetheileet

First Grade
Generalissimo Stalin said:
3) Main ref- dragons best player
2) Lines persons/video ref
1) dragons flops/stalling tactics

Roosters were "unlucky" - 2 dragon tries were not tries and one roosters try not awarded for only the ref could see obstruction was

final score should have been

Roosters 18
Dragons 10

I would say put you money on the dragons to win the comp as the nrl want's them too - ditto dogs in 2004.

NRL's a joke

HAHAHA...this guy wins the pumpkin for this week. Is placed in my list top 10 most rediculous posts ever on any forum!

petetheileet

First Grade
Danish said:
Dont forget to include;

shillo's 4 offloads to bailey's one
Shillos zero missed tackles to baileys 4
Shillo's 1 linebreak to Bailey's none
Shillo's 1 try to Baileys none.
Shillo's zero errors to Baileys 1.

Shillo also played around 60 mins (we only had 1 replacement prop on the bench) against the 2 current international props and outplayed both in all areas.

You're right that Bailey got a mention for reasons other than his performance. Mainly due to his name, and the fact he is fighting for a test spot. Doesn't change the fact he wasn't the best prop on the field.

Psych fact #27 "look hard enough for something and it will be found."

The Preacher

First Grade
Danish said:

The same as you not being able to produce the folding stuff for the goalkicking challenge, Danish. As a matter of FACT, you didn't even reply, just ran away and hid because you wouldn't back up what you posted.
HE WHO HAS NOT SINNED CAST THE FIRST STONE. Especially when you're a loser.:roll:

Riddell

Juniors
RufusRex said:
strange that you are not talking about the one where the ball was delivered backwards to Timmins who was set to score before Clarke called knock on ....

selective memory again ...

Finally someone mentions it. Just because Timmo didn't put the ball over the line its not seen as a crucial call. It was clearly backwards and i would have put all my money on Timmo to score but Clarke called it early and a knock on was called. Then the ball gets put down the other end and the obstruction call is given and just because the guy continued on and put the ball over the line all the fans are blowing up.

If your going to complain about that then the dragons had the exact same with the knock on call.

btw i reckon although Hornby had an absolute blinder, Head was spot on with his kicking game and was the difference in the end

so
Head
Hornby
Wing/Morley

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sour Grapes said:
What in damned hell did Bailey do to rate a mention from any of you idiots??
And I was just about to say something nice about Shillington too.

3 - Head
2 - Hornby
1 - Bailey
0 - Shillington

Danish

Referee
petetheileet said:
Psych fact #27 "look hard enough for something and it will be found."

Like Bailey deserving 2 points according to some perhaps.

Willow said:
And I was just about to say something nice about Shillington too.

3 - Head
2 - Hornby
1 - Bailey
0 - Shillington

I'm merely using simple facts and asking a simple question as to what exactly Bailey did to warrant points?? He wasnt the best player on field (head), wasnt best forward on field (shillo), so what did he do??

Apparently thats cause for attack. Yet still no reasons as to why bailey apparently outplayed shillington.

Latest posts