What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 Reasons why the Roosters can't win the GF

Billy Gunn

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Southern Rooster said:
I'll tell ya what longevity is starting in 1908 and being the only club involved in every premiership year. That's longevity.

Winning 12 premierships in 96 seasons at an average of one every 8 yrs.

As for Canterbury they were 27 seasons later than the Roosters and have won 6 premierships in 69 seasons at an average of 11.5.

Roosters last 9 finals 7 wins 2 losses.
Canterbury last 9 finals 7 losses 2 wins.

Lastly

Roosters v Bulldogs
Roosters 72 wins
Bulldogs 68
Draws 5

Roosters v Penrith
Roosters 41 wins
Penrith 24 wins
Draws 1

Just pointing out a few little facts for ya.

LOL, Easts won a lot of those Premierships in the Good (for you) Old Days when the things was basically chucked off the back of a truck...

Why don't you compare post WWII Premiership stats between Easts & C*nterbury?? Statisitcs can be used to push all kinds of agendas - over 75% of people know that. :shock: :lol:

Everyone knows that Rugby League was born in 1921 & attained perfection in 1966, anyway!!

I think if you click on this link you can witness first hand on DVD "perfection"

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/228782

Billy

Southernsaint

Staff member
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
Southernsaint said:
LOL, Easts won a lot of those Premierships in the Good (for you) Old Days when the things was basically chucked off the back of a truck...

Why don't you compare post WWII Premiership stats between Easts & C*nterbury?? Statisitcs can be used to push all kinds of agendas - over 75% of people know that. :shock: :lol:

Everyone knows that Rugby League was born in 1921 & attained perfection in 1966, anyway!!
I should have had you teaching History. We could have completed it in one semester. Forget about the Roman Empire lets go straight to the British.

LOL, you won't have me doing anything, mate.

Funny you should mention Empires. Even though you can't really call one Premiership an "Empire", what will you be doing when Easts' latest golen period ends?? Going back to the Swans or off to the Waratahs??

Southernsaint

Staff member
Billy Gunn said:
Southernsaint said:
Southern Rooster said:
I'll tell ya what longevity is starting in 1908 and being the only club involved in every premiership year. That's longevity.

As for Canterbury they were 27 seasons later than the Roosters and have won 6 premierships in 69 seasons at an average of 11.5.

Lastly

Roosters v Bulldogs
Roosters 72 wins
Bulldogs 68
Draws 5

Roosters v Penrith
Roosters 41 wins
Penrith 24 wins
Draws 1

I think if you click on this link you can witness first hand on DVD "perfection"

Billy

It must kill you only having ever won three Grand Finals.

innsaneink

Referee
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
If the Roosters do win I suspect that this forum will be awfully quiet.

If the Roosters do win, I hope they act with some decorum and good sportsmanship like the majority of Panthers fans have done this year. Cant see it somehow though.

Southernsaint said:
LOL, you won't have me doing anything, mate.

Funny you should mention Empires. Even though you can't really call one Premiership an "Empire", what will you be doing when Easts' latest golen period ends?? Going back to the Swans or off to the Waratahs??
Nah, Swans, Union?!?!

Been there since the 70's. Actually wasn't bad watching them go around back in the 80's. No queues at all for food, drinks or the toilet. Sit anywhere you want and no one expects them to win. suffered some really bad losses but what do you expect when you got Fatty playing for ya.

As for the present, who knows how long this, as you call it, "Golden Period" go for. I will enjoy it while it lasts. Judging by how the Flegg & PL are going looks like it will be a while.

Billy Gunn

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Billy Gunn said:
Southernsaint said:
Southern Rooster said:

Lastly

Roosters v Bulldogs
Roosters 72 wins
Bulldogs 68
Draws 5

Roosters v Penrith
Roosters 41 wins
Penrith 24 wins
Draws 1

Billy

So I'll take it you won't be ordering this DVD then?????

Billy

innsaneink said:
Catatonic_Omnivore said:

If the Roosters do win, I hope they act with some decorum and good sportsmanship like the majority of Panthers fans have done this year. Cant see it somehow though.
We live in hope but that's part of the scene I guess.

Ignore them if you can, that's what the "Back" button if for. :D

Corbin

Juniors
You're kidding aren't you? It'll be quite the opposite. If the Roosters win, this place will be unbearable. The usual suspects will be throwing all sorts of conspiracy theories around - referees are on the books; Finch's dad forced the refs to give them the game; salary cap cheats; Bill Harrigan; Phil Gould; Politis;
The rest of the sheep will kill the site with their "I agree" posts.
so true so true u wait and see once every1 will just make excuss'

Billy Gunn

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Catatonic_Omnivore said:

I hope for your sake soooooon that it's your turn to cop the flack that the Roosters do because that would mean that The WT have become a force and believe it or not I think that would be great!!!!!!!

Billy

Southernsaint

Staff member
Billy Gunn said:
Southernsaint said:
Billy Gunn said:
Southernsaint said:
Southern Rooster said:

Lastly

Roosters v Bulldogs
Roosters 72 wins
Bulldogs 68
Draws 5

Roosters v Penrith
Roosters 41 wins
Penrith 24 wins
Draws 1

Billy

Billy

No mate, I'm getting:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/228780

instead!!

ByRd

First Grade
we have won 7 titles dikhead, ill help you cause you dont know much about footy just started supporting when everyone else did ay??? after 2002 finals.

1938, 1942, 1980, 1984, 1985, 1988, 1995

Billy Gunn

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Billy Gunn said:
Southernsaint said:
Billy Gunn said:
Southernsaint said:
Southern Rooster said:

Lastly

Roosters v Bulldogs
Roosters 72 wins
Bulldogs 68
Draws 5

Roosters v Penrith
Roosters 41 wins
Penrith 24 wins
Draws 1

Billy

Billy

No mate, I'm getting:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/228780

instead!!

I was waiting for that after I clicked on the link.

Serously though I think it's great that they are releasing the Classic finals on to DVD.

Billy Gunn

Juniors
BigT said:
we have won 7 titles dikhead, ill help you cause you dont know much about footy just started supporting when everyone else did ay??? after 2002 finals.

BigT,

I think you need to take Bex and have a little rest.....calm down think good things.....Billy

Southernsaint

Staff member
Billy Gunn said:

Serously though I think it's great that they are releasing the Classic finals on to DVD.

LOL, me too mate.

I bought my Dad the Souths 1967/68 DVD for Fathers Day & it was brilliant.

Billy Gunn

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Billy Gunn said:

LOL, me too mate.

I bought my Dad the Souths 1967/68 DVD for Fathers Day & it was brilliant.

Your telling me that you father is a Souths supporter and your a Dragons man and you managed to survive!!!!!!!!!!

You must have some scars!!!!!!1

innsaneink said:
Catatonic_Omnivore said:

I hope so too.

BigT said:

Sorry I forgot 1942. I should remember that the year they won there first 38 plus there 2nd, 42 = 80 there third. My father had the T-shirt that said as much after the 1980 victory.

As for me you have made a mistake as well I have been going to the Roosters pretty much every week since 1984.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Southern Rooster said:
innsaneink said:
Catatonic_Omnivore said:

I hope so too.

SR,

Are you worried about the way, Finch, Hodges and Walker parade themselves after a win ?

choc_soldier

Coach
IF the Roosters win it, I will come in here and congratulate them.

It'll be hard to do, but I believe in good sportsmanship... ;-)

Latest posts