What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30 Years State of Origin DVD

timka4

Bench
Looked everywhere too see if there was a thread on this, couldn't find one so I thought I would create one.

Purchased the DVD today 30 bucks.

Pretty Good DVD all round, with the transition of segments looking like its going to an ad break :? (have to see it too understand)

Only real negatives I could think of the DVD were
- Probably could have shown more footage. Although I guess it's only a celebration of Origin DVD.
- Little bit of love affair for Jamal Idris at one stage talking about rookies in the State of Origin.

Despite those two minor negs, I enjoyed the DVD. Liked the extras with extended interviews with Benny Elias and Wayne Bennett and the Brawls .

Keen to hear the thoughts of others who have watched it / brought it.

Nuke

Staff member
I've not seen it, but I know there was a 30yrs of Origin tv special around Origin time on Ch9, so I'm guessing this is the dvd release of that programme. They did the same with the 25yrs of Origin.

timka4

Bench
Yeah ok sounds about right then, Don't think the extras were shown on the program though

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it really any different to the three dvds focussing on each decade of origin.

I mean seriously, how much more can you possibly show?

Nuke

Staff member
... and there shows why they'd release such a dvd: For those who don't own m/any other Origin history dvds. Also to cash in on the dedicated League collector / supporter.

Like I said, I've not seen the 30yrs of Origin show, but I'd imagine it'd be pretty similar to the 25yrs of Origin.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i was undetr the impression it was what they showed on nein. i imagine its a decent starting point for those newer to the game but i think it misses a lot, and as others have stated all the stories of origin, the coyne try, geyer-lewis etc have been told millions of times for those who have been around long enough

hellteam

First Grade
Is it really any different to the three dvds focussing on each decade of origin.

I mean seriously, how much more can you possibly show?

Those ones are the best. They just show the tries and don't preach for an hour about how tough Origin is.

Evil Borad

Juniors
Like I said, I've not seen the 30yrs of Origin show, but I'd imagine it'd be pretty similar to the 25yrs of Origin.

Actually, I think some interviews are the same.

For example, Mark Geyer still has hair on his head in his interviews, and hes been a chrome dome for about a year now.