What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35,000 tickets sold for Eden Park

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Should get over 40,000 the record for a game in NZ is just under 48,000 would be good if we could break that.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Great effort by NZ. I hope they smash Australia and show them what international sport is about.

Brutus

Referee
Excellent stuff.

Bring on a 3-match series against the Kiwis every 2 years.

Swamp

Juniors
Well done NZ, hopefully it will be a cracker with a follow up with 50,000 in Brisbane!

LeagueXIII

First Grade
To be fair to Melbourne had it not rained for two days and better promotion the Eng-Australia game would have drawn 25-30,000. To get nearly 19,000 was a good result I thought.

Well done to the kiwi promoters and public for paying attention to the better product that is LEAGUE :)
Sydney? Where is that again? LOL
Brisbane and NZ supporters stand up and take a bow
40000! Say what? 40000 is just brilliant

Wilson1

Juniors
That is a great result for Eden Park.I thought the game would have been a massive flop. Hopefully people turn up for both games and not just the second one, however.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Great effort by NZ. I hope they smash Australia and show them what international sport is about.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'show them what international sport is about', but I do hope that the Kiwis smash the tripe out of the Kangaroos. It should be a great occasion.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
asb stand is sold out.
Its still early in the week - im picking close to a sell out.
Rugby League people - are generally less organised in New Zealand so walk up crowd should be good.

Free trains & buses

shiznit

Coach
asb stand is sold out.
Its still early in the week - im picking close to a sell out.
Rugby League people - are generally less organised in New Zealand so walk up crowd should be good.

Free trains & buses

LMFAO.... i think its not so much RL people... more just Males.... :lol:

It will be good to see a good crowd there. I'm looking forward to the curtain raiser almost as much as the main game. Go the Kumuls!!!

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Just bought my four tickets and the PAX was 29,500.

Though all the seats that are left are in a crappy view. They must have areas closed because there was bugger all to choose from when they just released a few more thousand seats.

yakstorm

First Grade
West Stand - Selling into 329 and 336 currently
ASB Stand - Vodafone area completely sold out, the rest is single seats only
East Stand - Selling into 307 and 312 currently
South Stand - Scattered tickets, can't buy anymore than 3 tickets together

sfx24013.jpg

Overall the ground will look great for the match.

Latest posts