What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35,000 tickets sold for Eden Park

Brutus

Referee
The biggest 'rugby' crowd in NZ all year.

Well done rugby league.

A 71,000 semi, 83,000 GF, 182,000 to 3 Origins and now a 45k international at Eden park. Nice.

hitman51

Juniors
obviously referring to crowd numbers, rather than crowd behaviour. that was woeful. so embarrassing to be an aucklander after that

Your and aucklander and your embarrased by the crowd behaviour lol the kangaroos got it way easier than the wallabies who pretty much get ripped apart from the crowd when they play there every year.

TheDalek079

Bench
Your and aucklander and your embarrased by the crowd behaviour lol the kangaroos got it way easier than the wallabies who pretty much get ripped apart from the crowd when they play there every year.

nothing to do with the treatment of the convicts. it was their behaviour. worse than the bulldogs. bottles were being continuously thrown from all corners of the stadium.

playdaball

Bench
nothing to do with the treatment of the convicts. it was their behaviour. worse than the bulldogs. bottles were being continuously thrown from all corners of the stadium.

I was there and the some of the crowd were animals.

I wonder how many of the 44 K will return especially those with families?

Brutus

Referee
What is it with Eden Park crowds?

There have been some shockers over the years for cricket matches as well.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
That crowd was a disgrace. I was supporting Aussie and wearing my Roosters Jersey, continuously got beer and bottles thrown at me all night every time I cheered, and one dickhead tried to fight one of my mates for 'sitting with an Aussie fan and not being a true Kiwi'.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
no matter what event i've been to eden park for, the crowd behaviour is always, without fail, worse than at any rugby league game at mt smart.

aussies1st

Staff member
That crowd was a disgrace. I was supporting Aussie and wearing my Roosters Jersey, continuously got beer and bottles thrown at me all night every time I cheered, and one dickhead tried to fight one of my mates for 'sitting with an Aussie fan and not being a true Kiwi'.

Wouldn't expect anything less from the Eden Park crowd. I've had drink poured on my seat and the beer bottles thrown my way. Surprisingly wasn't too bad this time round, probably cause I was at the very front behind the Aussie bench but I had a few beer bottles thrown my way but those guys soon got ejected.

nibbs

Bench
that mexican wave was pretty intense. i was in the upper south stand. towards to the western end. i don't know how, but the fans in the middle sections of the upper south stand must have drunk a lot of beer judging by the amount of beer bottles that kept been thrown every time the mexican wave went around. i suspect those in the corporate section below copped the brunt of this. the score was 30-10 by this stage(?) and i think everyone had lost interest in the game. with all that alcohol consumed, the combination of a mexican wave, this is probably inevitable. the only way to stop this, ban alcohol from sporting events.

TheDalek079

Bench

I'm glad a kept a sweater over my roosters jersey. even though i was supporting the kiwis the bozos in the crowd would have gotten agro at the sight of it.

and surprisingly the nicest people there were some aussies on the train back to town.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
I'm glad a kept a sweater over my roosters jersey. even though i was supporting the kiwis the bozos in the crowd would have gotten agro at the sight of it.

and surprisingly the nicest people there were some aussies on the train back to town.

On a sidenote how bad was the organisation at the train station. It was really embarrassing, f**k knows what it's going to be like at the world cup next year with an extra 20,000 people or so.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I was there and the some of the crowd were animals.

I wonder how many of the 44 K will return especially those with families?
I'd have to think twice. I'm really hoping the Warriors don't take one of their games to Eden Park next year.

Latest posts