What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35,000 tickets sold for Eden Park

LeagueNut

First Grade
We had another family sitting next to us, they had a young girl approx 8-9 years old. She was getting (accidentally) showered with beer throughout the second half, burrowing into her Mum and looking quite scared. We tried to calm down the morons sitting behind us but it was like talking to a tree sometimes.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I just don't understand the meathead mentality of people who show up with the sole intention of getting pissed and acting like feral animals.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
my highlight of the night was just after fulltime getting stuck in the middle of a bottle fight (along with my sister, my girlfriend and a mate in an australian jersey) between a bunch of kids (as in, 20-somethings) who were just there to get drunk and hang out with their friends.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I know it's easy to make bold and kneejerk statements, but.....we live in a country full of dangerous, violent, alcoholic merkins and deadsh*ts.

It can't just be put down to "a few idiots"....being at the game, and previous games like it, it was very obvious that the MAJORITY of the crowd were enjoying attempting to maim the Australian players and throwing bottles at other crowd members. It was just par for the course, and there was absolutely no groundswell of opinion against the idiots, no-one telling them to stop. Embarrassing doesn't do it justice.

TheDalek079

Bench
that's what is so bad about it. it wasn't a small, isolated section like at bullscum matches. it was coming from everywhere. hopefully the tickets to the rugby world cup are too expensive for those scumbags, otherwise there'll be a complete riot when Aussie beats us in the final

Brutus

Referee
This sort of garbage doesn't seem to happen at Mt Smart.

Is it just an Eden Park thing?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team

it does seem to be a rah-rah thing, although on a friday or saturday night at mt smart once the crowd gets past about 18,000 the same sh*t starts to happen, just on a smaller scale.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I'd just like to know why bottles are sold at the ground. Very silly to allow that.

Great crowd though.

LeagueNut

First Grade

99% of the time, Mt Smart crowds are made up of genuine League fans who are looking for a good game of footy.

When the game is heavily promoted, or a finals game is on, the "general public" also come along for the entertainment. I think that's where the majority of the boofheads fit in.

Because of the size of the crowd, we had the League die-hards, the curious newcomers, and the boofhead morons all rocking up.

I think we would still have seen the same idiots if last nights game was at Mt Smart.

ozbash

Referee
I thought the majority of the crowd were nice, fun loving peops out for a good time....

apparently, my daughter told me I was hit by half a dozen or so bottles, but never felt them. They were empty plastic bottles thrown into the air in a Mexican wave.

hardly missiles ??