What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

36 years and the first time I've been ashamed of our Club

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
OK mate, that's very much different to the crybaby first post of yours.

I certainly don't disagree with many of your points. 3P have certainly not been anything like they professed and promised they would be. I've been at times, disappointed, at other times, angered by some of the stuff they have controlled and had a process in. Some has just been downright pathetic.
But tell me though..........have YOU been happy with the 1 and a half seasons of bollocks that has been dished up on the field over the past two years? We have been a rabble ON the field, as well as off it. In all facets of the club. But everyone wants the Board/management to take the blame for it all. It surely goes deeper than that.

Suity

How can it go deeper than that Suity? They are the head of the family (the club of men, women and children). Over the years I have had the good fortune of staying overnight/weekends, etc, with many families whose integrity, sincerity, happiness, joy, peace, security, loyalty, honesty, stability, order, routine, passion and love radiated throughout their home. These families walked-the-talk and their homes echoed this love powerfully. The vibe was all unspoken, they were too busy being the vibe and had no time to fake it and show off the fake like strutting peacocks. I have always enjoyed the opportunity to meet up with these families ever since. It's a real joy. Now lets reflect on the vibe being created by 3P, the head of the family of the Eels club and lets experience how their vibe echoes throughout the Eels family home/world???? If a MAN married a woman who didn't love him, only wanted his money, home, assets & his savings etc, anyone intuitive close to him, who loves him, would pick up this vibe and try to help their friend see through this facade. This is what is happening to many Eels fans with 3P, they love their club and know they have a bunch of pirates who want to rape, pillage and plunder their world, their club.

Great post but the previous board were just as bad - can't we have a board that makes decent decisions? We are a rabble, simple as that

If the players had any pride, they would come out in Andersons defence and accept the blame.

Last edited:

HevyDevy

Coach
Short memories.

I was just as ashamed during the 90's, when our once proud club turned into a f**king rabble on the field, allowed to by Denis who wouldn't spend his money.
When he did, he gave us pride again.

Some of you lot are emotional babies.
We sacked a coach who has done no more than Hagan did in REAL results. If not for Hayne, we would have been likely wooden spooners two years in succession.

f**k me, get over it.
I'm actually looking forward to next season now.

Suity

Sorry Suity but the club I have loved for 33 years no longer exists and I can't feel any passion for them while this ego-driven board continutes to act in the best interests of themselves and nobody else. They are destroying everything the fans hold close to them.

And as Bazal has said, it's not about the sacking of DA - coaches get sacked all the time - but the devious methods they have used to do so. Remember, of course, that they wanted to punt him last year but he made a GF. So they just waited for the next opportunity and threw a few rumours out there to try and justify their stance.

The best word I can use to describe this board is low. I won't aupport them or the club.

yy_cheng

Coach
maybe Cronk has an escape clause which says if the coaching structure changes such as Coach and Assistant Coach, he may be able to leave?

A swap of Cronk for Anderson

Parra03

Juniors
I for one is not unhappy that we have dropped Ando. His coaching seems to revolve around nothing. If not for Hayne he would have gone earlier. Hope our next coach turns out better :)

RockWheel

Bench
I for one is not unhappy that we have dropped Ando. His coaching seems to revolve around nothing. If not for Hayne he would have gone earlier. Hope our next coach turns out better :)

And what if our next coach doesn't get results straight away? Sack him? For f**k's sake.

Fee

Juniors
I feel bad for Ando because of the way this was handled. It should have been done behind closed doors and not played out in the media(once again). This is a rabble of a board, only because they cant do anything without it being leaked to the media! This is embarrassing for the fans. I love and support my team, but I do not support a board that dont seem to be able to run our club the way it should be run. (Behind closed doors)!!!:x:x

RockWheel

Bench
What if he does?
Is the bandwagon big enough to carry all?

Hey, I'll support the team and the new coach, but I don't think punting Anderson was the right thing to do. So we had a bad season, he still had a year to go.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm not going to dwell on it. Not handled well but perhaps warranted. We have certainly underperformed.

The reality is that coaches do get sacked in all sports all over the world all the time. Essenden did the same in March. FMD you only have to string 5 losses together in football (soccer) and you're gonskis.

Now we have set the high benchmark, I expect that all aspects of the club's success are reviewed. NYC was atrocious as was retention, acquisition and possibly scouting throughout the grades.

Delboy

First Grade
Gronk, the revieew as I understand it made exactly those points.

That underlines the need for a completely new approach , and I believe the decisison was spot on. Those of us that have contacts with players and staff have suported the decision as I guess we were aware of the shortcomings.

Player development and recruitment to strengthen NYC has been poor, and has been since Crusher left, actually I think it was more to do with BS and his passion in identifying junior talent and recruiting.

I think we need to get behind the new coach , whoever he is, recognise that we would have continued down a pretty slippry path if no action had been taken, and not get too precious about changes, this is a professional sport and we underperformed in all key areas. The programme was and is led by the head coach, and he unfortunately answered for these failings.

Gronk, the revieew as I understand it made exactly those points.

That underlines the need for a completely new approach , and I believe the decisison was spot on. Those of us that have contacts with players and staff have suported the decision as I guess we were aware of the shortcomings.

Player development and recruitment to strengthen NYC has been poor, and has been since Crusher left, actually I think it was more to do with BS and his passion in identifying junior talent and recruiting.

I think we need to get behind the new coach , whoever he is, recognise that we would have continued down a pretty slippry path if no action had been taken, and not get too precious about changes, this is a professional sport and we underperformed in all key areas. The programme was and is led by the head coach, and he unfortunately answered for these failings.

And this move, starts the club on a slippery slope as well. We are now a club that is out for virtually instant success. If we don't win the premiership in the next two years, what do we do then?

stiffmeister

Bench
Short memories.

I was just as ashamed during the 90's, when our once proud club turned into a f**king rabble on the field, allowed to by Denis who wouldn't spend his money.
When he did, he gave us pride again.

Some of you lot are emotional babies.
We sacked a coach who has done no more than Hagan did in REAL results. If not for Hayne, we would have been likely wooden spooners two years in succession.

f**k me, get over it.
I'm actually looking forward to next season now.

Suity

No truer words spoken.

Gee where was all this negativity when Hagan was sacked who achieved similar results.

Wake up this is a business and the correct decision was made

I can't understand the Ando the man love

Last edited:

stiffmeister

Bench
One more thing, sackings happen all the time in the real world. There is no such thing as a good sacking or a bad sacking. To the person that gets sacked in the corporate world, you'll still be feeling crap whether you were sacked in a dignified way or not

yy_cheng

Coach
One more thing, sackings happen all the time in the real world. There is no such thing as a good sacking or a bad sacking. To the person that gets sacked in the corporate world, you'll still be feeling crap whether you were sacked in a dignified way or not

I was told that one particular financial giant used a pre-recorded voice start the redundancy process.

I computerised voice would call the person's extension and asked them to urgently goto room x and there, they were made redundant

Delboy

First Grade
Mits, read between the lines.

The structure of the club, its backbone, was not maintained and most of it was DAs lack of interest. Compare that with what BS did in his forst couple of years, we can't be successful if the coach does not do the extras , and I think that translated into the players.

I have no objections to being seen as a club that wants success, I don't understand the soft attitude you and others have suggested. I am looking forward to next year, something I was not under the ex coach, we need to harden up a bit, and back these decisions , you and I spoke a lot during the season and I was very uncomfortable with the way we played and the direction we were taking, I guess it has come to a predictable conclusion in a way.

Mits, read between the lines.

The structure of the club, its backbone, was not maintained and most of it was DAs lack of interest. Compare that with what BS did in his forst couple of years, we can't be successful if the coach does not do the extras , and I think that translated into the players.

I have no objections to being seen as a club that wants success, I don't understand the soft attitude you and others have suggested. I am looking forward to next year, something I was not under the ex coach, we need to harden up a bit, and back these decisions , you and I spoke a lot during the season and I was very uncomfortable with the way we played and the direction we were taking, I guess it has come to a predictable conclusion in a way.

Fine, and I am happy for you that you are now looking forward to the season. But as of right now we have no structure, we have no coach, and we have no plan apart from change it and that makes you look forward to the season, then I wish you all the best over the relaxing Christmas break.

Personally now, I am looking forward to our outstanding junior structure doing it job as normal. But for first grade, the future is all to cloudy for me to see what is going to happen there.