What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

36 years and the first time I've been ashamed of our Club

Antons

Juniors
Short memories.

I was just as ashamed during the 90's, when our once proud club turned into a f**king rabble on the field, allowed to by Denis who wouldn't spend his money.
When he did, he gave us pride again.

Some of you lot are emotional babies.
We sacked a coach who has done no more than Hagan did in REAL results. If not for Hayne, we would have been likely wooden spooners two years in succession.

f**k me, get over it.
I'm actually looking forward to next season now.

Suity

Couldn't agree more!! I'm sorry but I am not happy happy finishing 8th last year (yes I know we made the GF) & 12th this year. We should be top 4 with our roster. Take out the 9 weeks of Hayne magic in the last year & we have been playing rubbish footy for almost 2 years.

Angry_eel

First Grade
We're becoming like a big Spanish or Italian soccer club. Leaks, celebrity management and firing coaches when they don't deliver. Might be good but we might keep having a string of managements who deliver more than they promise.

PJ Marshal

Coach
We're becoming like a big Spanish or Italian soccer club. Leaks, celebrity management and firing coaches when they don't deliver. Might be good but we might keep having a string of managements who deliver more than they promise.

reminda me of newcastle united to be exact, perhaps parra can get kevin keegan for the next 3 seasons

Freak2

Juniors
I wonder if Matui and Webb have get out clauses in their contracts now?

I would suggest YES!

Poorly executed, whether it is the right decision or not!!

btaag

Juniors
Though it now looks pre-ordained, Kearney (assuming it is him) will have considerable cap space left to bring in a few players that he wants. This was a luxury not afforded to Daniel Anderson.

I am not happy with the machinations at board level, but maintain the club has the right to chose their Coach and sack them early if need be. It is the Board who will live and die by the result of this (much like the Factional warlords in the ALP who knifed Rudd).

Delboy

First Grade
Thanks Mits, I am sure we will have the odd condersation , note the word odd.

I might argue that we had no structure or coaching this past year, so a stronger personality should see that move in the right direction. Also may see more work carried out by the fitness and asst coaches who seemed a bit ex-communicated this season.

Cheers

And this move, starts the club on a slippery slope as well. We are now a club that is out for virtually instant success. If we don't win the premiership in the next two years, what do we do then?

We were used to not winning arn't we?? We have not won jack since Noah was knee high to a grasshopper. At least the current board with all their negatives (e.g Leaks) will not accept mediocrity, They want success on the field.

We were used to not winning arn't we?? We have not won jack since Noah was knee high to a grasshopper. At least the current board with all their negatives (e.g Leaks) will not accept mediocrity, They want success on the field.

No Jake, it is much worse than that, the need success on the field.

Parra

Referee
With Kearney's experience we will have all the cap space we need.

Of all the places to recruit, why would you look to the cheats.

TheRam

Coach
On a positive note, I for one like the appointment of Kearney if it were to be him. Sure he is an unknown quantity, but he is the NZ coach and that can only be a good thing when recruitment comes around.

I don't think that an NRL coach should be a national coach, but if it is to be, I want Parra to be the club that has him. It has been quite a while since we had a rep coach in charge of our NRL team.

Gronk

Staff member
On a positive note, I for one like the appointment of Kearney if it were to be him. Sure he is an unknown quantity, but he is the NZ coach and that can only be a good thing when recruitment comes around.

I don't think that an NRL coach should be a national coach, but if it is to be, I want Parra to be the club that has him. It has been quite a while since we had a rep coach in charge of our NRL team.

Hmm not all that important methinks. After the 4 nations then we just have the Anzac Test.

originpromo1.jpg

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Disgraceful decision.

Its worse now than when Fitzgerald was CEO.

I not only blame the board, but the players (excluding a few big names). If they performed up to their standard week in week out, maybe we wouldnt be fighting for a top 8 spot, we'd probably scrape in the top 8 and Anderson would probably still be coach.

But its a pretty ordinary decision to sack a coach, one year after he took us to the Grand Final. Its just an excuse to get rid of him cause they didnt want him in the first place. It maybe because it was Fitzgerald's decision to Anderson, yet the current board wanted Kearney. :roll:

Really, is Kearney the right man for the job?

I wouldnt want him, not after what he did to McCracken years ago.

If he wasnt coaching New Zealand, he might go alright. But why would be successful if he's coaching both teams. It'll be a failure.

Sacking Anderson will send us backwards and we'll start from square 1 again. It may take a couple years to rebuild the club, again.

hasman

Juniors
Disgraceful decision.

Its worse now than when Fitzgerald was CEO.

I not only blame the board, but the players (excluding a few big names). If they performed up to their standard week in week out, maybe we wouldnt be fighting for a top 8 spot, we'd probably scrape in the top 8 and Anderson would probably still be coach.

But its a pretty ordinary decision to sack a coach, one year after he took us to the Grand Final. Its just an excuse to get rid of him cause they didnt want him in the first place. It maybe because it was Fitzgerald's decision to Anderson, yet the current board wanted Kearney. :roll:

Really, is Kearney the right man for the job?

I wouldnt want him, not after what he did to McCracken years ago.

If he wasnt coaching New Zealand, he might go alright. But why would be successful if he's coaching both teams. It'll be a failure.

Sacking Anderson will send us backwards and we'll start from square 1 again. It may take a couple years to rebuild the club, again.

Sorry but everybody forgets the Roosters when they let Graham Murray Go. Then When they Sacked Stuart. You all Forget what Mr Duncan said, No Game plan, No 5 Year plan yet alone 1 year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm still scratching my head at the hysteria...

what's the point in actually having a review when you can't act on it?

I'm lead to believe that the head coach lost the trust and confidence of a number of people at the club across people, it was evident to me at the Wenty game last week and throughout the season with a few different sources.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Sorry but everybody forgets the Roosters when they let Graham Murray Go. Then When they Sacked Stuart. You all Forget what Mr Duncan said, No Game plan, No 5 Year plan yet alone 1 year.

it's amazing how people convieniently overlook this very point.

TheRam

Coach
Hmm not all that important methinks. After the 4 nations then we just have the Anzac Test.

I think you missed the point I was making Gronk.

He is the NZ national coach and players like to play under national coaches. Therefore if a player who is eligible to play for NZ was waying up whether to play for us or a a rival club, then if most other things are equal...well I'm sure you now know what I am getting at.

The one caveat to that of course is that he will need to be successful at club level or on one will take him seriously.

Gronk

Staff member
I think you missed the point I was making Gronk.

He is the NZ national coach and players like to play under national coaches. Therefore if a player who is eligible to play for NZ was waying up whether to play for us or a a rival club, then if most other things are equal...well I'm sure you now know what I am getting at.

The one caveat to that of course is that he will need to be successful at club level or on one will take him seriously.

Hey it's a plus, no argument from me. Let's face it the tide is turning and poly boys (um those who are not lazy) are becoming the guns in ever increasing numbers. Just look at the juniors to see that.

it's amazing how people convieniently overlook this very point.

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: panic people amaze me. I wonder how they'd act under pressure when something trully goes wrong in their life. As I said previously, people that threaten to ditch the club are not worth pissing on. They are not the people you want standing next to you in the trenches. Soft and weak and all of them are being found out now.

Gronk

Staff member
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: panic people amaze me. I wonder how they'd act under pressure when something trully goes wrong in their life. As I said previously, people that threaten to ditch the club are not worth pissing on. They are not the people you want standing next to you in the trenches. Soft and weak and all of them are being found out now.

Meh let the dust settle and people will realize that their knee jerk over reactions were exactly that.

Having said that people are entitled to bitch about they way that it was handled IMO.