What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ODI: England v Australia at Southhampton Sept 9, 2009

TheParraboy

Staff member
On again Wednesday, start 11.30pm AEST

Can we make it a hatrick of wins?

Will Ferguson stabalize our innings yet again?

Can Mitch destroy the poms again with a late order cameo?

aussies1st

Staff member
I hope Paine and Watson actually stay around to get their strike rate up. They can't score at a SR of 60 then get out. Same with White.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think we can get away with it playing the poms

ie solid without a flashy start as their batting is worse overall

When we start playing the big guns who have blasters at the top order like india with Sehwag and SA with Kallis, then it will be a big headache imo.....

IanG

Coach
Notice that after the unusual start time of the day/night match on Friday Night, this one is starting at the normal start time for a day nighter 2:30pm

beads6

First Grade
I'd be dropping Bracken and playing Hilfy or Siddle for this match. Bracken seems to have dropped off compared to a few years ago when he was the best ODI bowler on the planet.

eddiesmith

Juniors
If they were to change any of the quicks then Johnson would probably go first as he has played the entire tour

But they wont make any changes, I just hope when Ponting returns for game 4 they use it as a chance to send Clarke and/or Hussey away

Ridders

Coach
I'd be dropping Bracken and playing Hilfy or Siddle for this match. Bracken seems to have dropped off compared to a few years ago when he was the best ODI bowler on the planet.

Bracken is a wonderful ODI bowler :crazy:

beads6

First Grade
still the best we have atm

Have you not watched the last 10 ODI's Australia played. Bracken has been woeful of late he has been far from our best bowler. I am sure he will retrun to his best soon though.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Wasnt Bracken gonna bowl spin bowling fulltime, to give himself a chance at test cricket or something?

But agree, his form is down. Still should be give a couple of more games to find his feet. Hell we give Hussey 12 months to get a test ton

aussies1st

Staff member
Bracken should just bowl his cutters, hes no longer effective with the new ball which doesn't swing anymore.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Wasnt Bracken gonna bowl spin bowling fulltime, to give himself a chance at test cricket or something?

But agree, his form is down. Still should be give a couple of more games to find his feet. Hell we give Hussey 12 months to get a test ton

he was gonna do a funky Miller and bowl both so he could maybe get a test match

bit late now I'd say

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Whats the bet when Ponting comes back into the side Hopes or Ferguson will get dropped :crazy:

beads6

First Grade
Ferguson won't be dropped don't be silly. I'd imagine Clarkey will be given a break and if not him Hussey will be put down.

Latest posts