What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ODI: New Zealand v Australia at Hamilton on Feb 5, 2017

Bazal

Post Whore
Story of Australian cricket lately in one sentence...."that's a pretty terrible shot right there"

Iafeta

Referee
Agree. Very tough to keep for 50 overs then bat at 3.

Handscombe's technique is an interesting one but could get him into trouble in places like NZ and England that don't have the fast and hard bounce of Australia. Dangerous playing so deep in NZ conditions.

Take him off the super highways of Australia and he's a poor mans Bryan Young.

Iafeta

Referee
Great catch. Lol remember when blokes were calling for Taylor's head. Where are they now??

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Faulkners batting has been terrible for a while now, great idea to go in with the extra bowler.

Well derped selectors.

Bazal

Post Whore
Faulkners batting has been terrible for a while now, great idea to go in with the extra bowler.

Well derped selectors.

Use him as a tail ender, we can't wonder why he doesn't bat like a batsman tbh. Good nut and a good catch...whether it's our coaches or captain, someone doesn't rate him enough to bat him where he should be...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Finch/Marsh have a lot to answer for regardless of result.

Without Smith/Warner they're the two experienced guys and both of them threw their wicket away in embarassing fashion which quickly led to another wicket each time.

Eelectrica

Referee
I just wonder how much longer Faulkner has until the glory of that one innings a few years ago wears off.
I mean he's pretty good one day bowler, but our selectors seem to see him as an all rounder.
Can't remember the last time he played an innings of any note.

Maybe Stoinis can finish what he started last time, but wouldn't be counting on it.

Iafeta

Referee
Does Merkinwell bowl anymore? Surely on a wicket that slowed up he could have been a spinning option which might have allowed for another bat.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Use him as a tail ender, we can't wonder why he doesn't bat like a batsman tbh. Good nut and a good catch...whether it's our coaches or captain, someone doesn't rate him enough to bat him where he should be...
I don't really see him as a batsman, he's a great lower order hitter but you wouldn't want him batting anymore than 15 overs IMO. With Handscum taking the gloves and the side full of all rounders in the top 6 another batsman should of been in the side somewhere.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't really see him as a batsman, he's a great lower order hitter but you wouldn't want him batting anymore than 15 overs IMO. With Handscum taking the gloves and the side full of all rounders in the top 6 another batsman should of been in the side somewhere.

Yeah I agree with that. I wouldn't have taken Stoinis. Obviously he's justified his selection but on balance Faulkner is a better bowler and has been a better batsman.

I just think he needs to bat higher than 8. He's pretty good and he actually needs time to get in...unlike Maxwell who can tonk from ball one. I'd have them swapped in the order.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah I agree with that. I wouldn't have taken Stoinis. Obviously he's justified his selection but on balance Faulkner is a better bowler and has been a better batsman.

I just think he needs to bat higher than 8. He's pretty good and he actually needs time to get in...unlike Maxwell who can tonk from ball one. I'd have them swapped in the order.
Faulkner is fine at 7 if the top order is full of all rounders or Marshes.

Latest posts