What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v India at SCG Jan 7-11 2021

Bazal

Post Whore
He’s looked pretty nightwatchman with the bat this series. Yet to get a wicket.

Keen to see him given more time but I don’t think he’s been convincing at all.

His defence looks very solid and he clearly can survive at test level. Needs to expand his game though

Old tiger 79

Juniors
Fresh bowlers, hitting the pitch hard with the new ball. It’s going to look like a new wicket now, declare now Paine you merkin

Green, a relative kid in his third test, in a wonky batting order that has had 5-10 years of issues, surrounded by 4 of Australia’s best bowlers, with an odd bod coach...done alright by me.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Green survives at this point because we don't have any decent bats to bring in. With our attack plus Labs, Smith and Warner we don't really need an all rounder

Johns Magic

Referee
Must be watching a different guy. Think he's got all the right qualities

All he needs is time now to find his place in the side and grow

I just think as Bazal alluded to, he hasn’t shown much scoring range. Of his first few boundaries today a couple of them were edges through the slips. Take those out and he’s been struggling to tick the scoreboard along even though it’s clearly his intent.

He can drop anchor with the front foot block, sure. But he’s also highly susceptible to LBW doing it which India have targeted, and he has been edging as well.

Clearly he can score runs because he’s had big innings in Sheffield Shield. I just don’t think we’ve seen it this series against international standard bowling, but he may be playing within himself.

I just think as Bazal alluded to, he hasn’t shown much scoring range. Of his first few boundaries today a couple of them were edges through the slips. Take those out and he’s been struggling to tick the scoreboard along even though it’s clearly his intent.

He can drop anchor with the front foot block, sure. But he’s also highly susceptible to LBW doing it which India have targeted, and he has been edging as well.

Clearly he can score runs because he’s had big innings in Sheffield Shield. I just don’t think we’ve seen it this series against international standard bowling, but he may be playing within himself.

His temperament and shot selection is the main thing I'm looking at when he's playing here, and at the moment he's levels about plonks like Head and Wade. Give me limited scoring range over the rash strokemaking they bring anyway.

I've seen enough of him at first class level to know that he's got a lot more than what he's showing. It'll come as a function of experience and comfort at this kinda level. He's clearly playing to the opposition and situation IMO