What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia V. Panikstan, 14 Jan Bellreive Oval

HevyDevy

Coach
You seem to forget that Hodge scored his runs on a batsman's paradise, on home soil against a rubbish bowling line-ip.

And he's a Victorian.

Case closed.

This Pakistan team is one of the most fundamentally challenged teams I have ever seen.

They are awful
Their batting is awful
Their fielding is awful
Even their running between the wickets is awful

At least they have a great bowler.

At least Butt is taking some of the pressure of Akmal.........

What is worse:

1. Dropping a player 4 times or so costing your team the chance to level the series away from home

2. Running your captain out AND then running your vastly more talented team mate out.

No, honestly what is worse?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What is worse:

1. Dropping a player 4 times or so costing your team the chance to level the series away from home

2. Running your captain out AND then running your vastly more talented team mate out.

It's a toughy, but did you see the look on Yousufs face??? :lol: Rule number 1 never piss you're captain off.

beads6

First Grade
Why did the Paki's drop Iqbal??? I thought he was a much better option than Farhat and Manzhoor. Too much politics in cricket at the moment if it isn't Pakistan it is India with there attempt of domination of world cricket.

JJ

Immortal
Why did the Paki's drop Iqbal??? I thought he was a much better option than Farhat and Manzhoor. Too much politics in cricket at the moment if it isn't Pakistan it is India with there attempt of domination of world cricket.

Because Iqbal is rubbish.. to be fair we didn't see much of Manzhoor... Ul-Haq probably unlucky, but he's ordinary too

Wow - did Butt really run out his side's two best players :crazy: wow

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Because Iqbal is rubbish.. to be fair we didn't see much of Manzhoor... Ul-Haq probably unlucky, but he's ordinary too

Wow - did Butt really run out his side's two best players :crazy: wow
Iqbal averages 27 after around 30 test matches, says it all really.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
some one must have told Siddle you can actually hit the edge of the bat if you pitch the ball up

maybe it was super bowling coach Cooley

What is worse:

Seems Yousuf has answered the question. While he wanted Akmal to stay in the side he has said that Butt needs a big century to save himself from an inquisition. He also called him selfish and lazy. Ah hell you can read the story ....

Irate skipper and run-out victim Mohammad Yousuf launched an extraordinary attack on bumbling opener Salman Butt - blasting him as selfish and lazy - as Pakistan cricket was ripped apart.
In a blistering spray, a seething Yousuf accused Butt of playing for himself, not his country, blaming him for his diabolical run out in the Third Test in Hobart.

Pakistan plunged to 4-94 in reply to Australia's 8-519 (dec) after Butt refused to leave his crease for a regulation third run and left his captain Yousuf stranded when Mitchell Johnson fired in a return.

A stunned Yousef stood motionless at the end of the pitch for a minute and on Friday night accused Butt of putting himself ahead of his team.

Australia skipper Ricky Ponting's amazing 209 was overshadowed by one of the most bitter attacks a Test captain has ever launched against a teammate.

"We are not playing for self, we are playing for country. If I'm 35 years old and I can get three runs, he's 25 years old, why can't he take the runs?" Yousuf said.

"He is a little lazy, everybody knows. He's just 25 years old and he can't run. That is why I was just standing there.

"It was an easy three runs. Me and him the same in 140 overs fielding.

"We play for country here, not for self. I just stopped there, I didn't say anything, I was just very sad with the whole thing."

As Pakistan turned into "Panicstan" once more, young batting gun Umar Akmal (8) was also run out as the shambolic tourists found yet another way to implode.

But it was the terrible yet comical run-out of Yousuf - his country's best batsman with a Test average of 53 - that left the blundering tourists in tatters. With Butt unbeaten on 34 at stumps, Yousuf said the opener would face a major inquisition if he did not make a big century to save the Test for Pakistan.

"We will try to lift him to play the whole day tomorrow," Yousuf said

"I still back him to try to please play a long innings.

"It is difficult to now save this game but it is a very flat wicket. If we play for country and try to survive sessions, not going for runs . . . every session we'll try to save the game."

With Ponting blasting a double century after being dropped by Mohammad Aamer before he had scored, Yousuf blasted his team's terrible fielding. He also claimed their capitulation in Hobart was one of Pakistan's worst performances ever as the team plunged into a fresh crisis after a week off turmoil on and off the field.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26594367-5018870,00.html

Iafeta

Referee
Butt will want a 100, Yousuf is on the selection panel and he ain't going to be happy.

Try a triple hundred. That was pitiful.

And then to back it up with Umar!!!

I wonder if he's taken half on Kamran Akmal's betting stub? Butt and K Akmal, I'm sorry but there is something a little shonky going on with those two.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And he doesn't even back up, sits on his heels as the bowler delievers the ball holding his gloves WTF??? They are the worst feilding sides i think i have ever seen and their running between the wickets is about the same.

Last edited:

Latest posts